Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

Electricity for Medical Devices

Mom Mom has a compression pump she has to use for Lymphedema. It has a 3 prong plug on it. Will this be a problem to run in the stateroom? Will be on the Dream if that makes a difference. Anyone else have experience with medical devices like this?

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

The electrical outlets are all 3 prong American plugs. There are not a lot of outlets, the newer ships have more than the classic ships. I would recommend that you bring a extension cord (with three prongs) just in case you aren't able to plug in into a "convenient" outlet.

My DH uses a CPap for Sleep Apnea and we always back an extension cord. On the magic the Outlet was across the room, I hear on the Fantasy/Dream they are some next to the bed.

I don't know how big your compression pump is, but the bedside tables can be narrow, so she may need to lay the actual pump on the floor. Hopefully she has enough tubing from the pump to the boot/sleeve.

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your reply. It should be fine sitting on the floor or else she can move the trunk over and set it on there. It is fairly large, but we should be able to figure it out, just wanted to make sure it would have a 3 prong plug in.

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The new ships have a lot more outlets than the classic ships. All are 3 prong.

I also recommend you bring your own extension cord. DCL has some they will loan you ($50 charge if not returned), but far easier to have your own than to be concerned about them having one available.

You'll find outlets by the beds as well as on the desk and behind the TV. ONE outlet on the desk is European. If you plug the hair dryer into the wrong outlet, you'll be trying to figure out why it is so puny....so if your compression pump doesn't work, get a stateroom host or GS person to verify that you are using an appropriate outlet! All the other ones I found were US.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: