Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Disney Visa Question

Do you get both the OBC and the rewards dollars when you use the card to pay for your cruise? Seems like double dipping and I was wondering.

My final payment is due and I was looking at my accumulated rewards. Calculating how much I would have in rewards for my Med cruise.

TIA!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that you can get both. You have to use your Disney Visa for all payments to get the OBC. The rewards dollars are not a credit or promotion since they are tied completely to your spending and are not something that you are "given."

You can only use one promotional code, however, so I can't combine the DRM code I used to book our cruise in September as well as the Disney Visa OBC. DCL was offering a $100 OBC as part of the DRM promotion, though, so I didn't mind!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
My understanding is that you can get both. You have to use your Disney Visa for all payments to get the OBC. The rewards dollars are not a credit or promotion since they are tied completely to your spending and are not something that you are "given."

You can only use one promotional code, however, so I can't combine the DRM code I used to book our cruise in September as well as the Disney Visa OBC. DCL was offering a $100 OBC as part of the DRM promotion, though, so I didn't mind!
Thanks! They have not offered any specials for my Med cruise! Used Disney visa for deposit and final payment. This is great news!

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

You will get the $50 OBC credit if you ONLY pay with any of the followings:

Disney Visa rewards
Disney Rewards dollars
Disney Gift Cards

Note you cannot combine the $50 OBC credit with other special promotions that require a booking code - for example, 10% discount on board booking, kids sail free, or FL resident rate. You CAN combine it with *GT rates as these do not require a booking code, and can be combined with the $25 online booking credit.

The deposit and final payment qualify for the 6 months no interest. It's a good idea to pre pay your tips before final payment if you take advantage of the no interest promotion.

Finally, all the above can be combined with a Travel Agent's OBC. If you are a AAA member, make sure you look for their upcoming Disney month promotions as they will have either gift cards or additional OBC, in addition to their AAA photo package.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Are you sure that the *GT can be combined with the Disney Visa OBC? I have no personal experience, but the *GT restrictions say that it can't be combined with any other offer. I'm asking, not arguing!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Are you sure that the *GT can be combined with the Disney Visa OBC? I have no personal experience, but the *GT restrictions say that it can't be combined with any other offer. I'm asking, not arguing!
Personal experience last summer. We sailed OGT and got the $50 Disney Visa OBC. We had an original reservation for last November which included both the $25 online OBC and $50 Disney visa OBC. When we decided to go in August with the OGT rate, I wanted to 'transfer' it (didn't know you couldn't do this). DCL helped and transferred our original deposit towards the full payment, but because it was a new reservation, the $25 online OBC could not (and the offer was no longer available). But they did apply the $50 Disney visa OBC.

They way I was told was that you can only use one 'discount code' on a reservation. The $50 Disney visa is a code that they apply (code DCC). Same thing as KSF, Military or FL resident, or even on-board booking. But *GT rates are special rates but don't require a discount code. The online booking OBC is not a discount code either, and that's why it can be combined with KSF, MIL, or FLR.

For example, our upcoming cruise, we booked under KSF. We also got the $25 online booking OBC, but were told we could not get the $50 DVR OBC.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: