Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
Never to old
DIS Veteran

I will be on this ship in June. I can't wait to compare it with Disney.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
Always a good thing when the competition is following you (not leading).
Maybe they made a trade...NCL's dedicated concierge floor and sundeck concept for DCL's fireworks at sea.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
lorimay
DIS Veteran

This ships looks amazing.

It will be our choice when we do a Bermuda cruise for sure.
They start cruising there late summer this year.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

I see this as a win for me....80's music, fireworks AND, I have to assume a smaller pricetag. I am so going...
Old 01-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

If DCL is not sailing out of NYC in 2014, we will be pushing our OBB to 2015 and taking a cruise on the Breakaway. Looking at this ship definitely makes me think DCL is getting stiffer competition in their "market".
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I can't wait until DD gets older and she will "allow" us to cruise another line. Right now there is no reasoning with a 3YO who can't understand why Mickey doesn't live in Maui (thank goodness we were going to Aulani afterwards). I love Disney service, etc., but it's time to see another ship
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I can't wait until DD gets older and she will "allow" us to cruise another line. Right now there is no reasoning with a 3YO who can't understand why Mickey doesn't live in Maui (thank goodness we were going to Aulani afterwards). I love Disney service, etc., but it's time to see another ship
Don't worry. They eventually get 'old' enough to understand. You still end up going back to Disney but there are only so many times you can hit places like Nassau.

Did NCL to 'Bernuda' (as our DD4 calls it) last summer. Will be going back. If Disney decides to add Bermuda in at some point we will be there, until then Breakaway is the plan for when we go back in a year or two.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Can't wait to watch these from the The Haven in June! Sounds like we've got a few DISers trying the Breakaway this year.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
I see this as a win for me....80's music, fireworks AND, I have to assume a smaller pricetag. I am so going...
The price for the New York Bermuda cruises for summer 2014 are high. NCL also has few inside and no ocean view cabins on the new ships so that increases the cost too.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
The price for the New York Bermuda cruises for summer 2014 are high. NCL also has few inside and no ocean view cabins on the new ships so that increases the cost too.
Not quite true. The the prices are high but Breakaway and the Getaway have Ocean View cabins including a family ocean view that sleeps 5 passengers. There are plenty of inside cabins as well as the Studios for 1 or 2. Most of Deck 5 is all ocean view and inside cabins.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck5

The Epic is the only NCL ship without oceanview cabins.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Too bad for you, the parents. Does she buy your tickets for you?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #27
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Too bad for you, the parents. Does she buy your tickets for you?
What's with the snark? That's pretty rude.

I have realistic expectations of what my 3YO can understand. She's 3 and she's been on 4 Disney cruises. Can she understand cruising on another line yet? No, she cannot.

So if she's confined to a ship for 7 days, I will fashion the experience according to what our ENTIRE family will enjoy. My opinion is not the only one that matters.

For "regular" vacations, we've done plenty of those. As a 3YO, she's "climbed" the Coba pyramid in Mexico and visited Chichen Itza with us. She's been on 24 flights over 5 hours in length. She's pretty adaptable for a toddler. Can she understand why Golden Mickeys is not the show on tonight? No she cannot.

This year we're going to London, Barcelona and Paris. Mickey will not be in those cities. For good measure, we're throwing in a Disney Magic Med cruise. My family of 9 chose that over the NCL Epic, not her. And yes, I bought the tickets.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What's with the snark? That's pretty rude.

I have realistic expectations of what my 3YO can understand. She's 3 and she's been on 4 Disney cruises. Can she understand cruising on another line yet? No, she cannot.

So if she's confined to a ship for 7 days, I will fashion the experience according to what our ENTIRE family will enjoy. My opinion is not the only one that matters.

For "regular" vacations, we've done plenty of those. As a 3YO, she's "climbed" the Coba pyramid in Mexico and visited Chichen Itza with us. She's been on 24 flights over 5 hours in length. She's pretty adaptable for a toddler. Can she understand why Golden Mickeys is not the show on tonight? No she cannot.

This year we're going to London, Barcelona and Paris. Mickey will not be in those cities. For good measure, we're throwing in a Disney Magic Med cruise. My family of 9 chose that over the NCL Epic, not her. And yes, I bought the tickets.
I just wanted to say, coming from another parent that was very well put on your part.

We have 2 children ages 7 and 3. Our oldest is Autistic. He is completely obsessed with Disney, and now that he is feeling more comfortable in public spaces we are planning our first family vacation with all 4 of us.

We felt that Disney would be the best choice for him, and that our youngest will have a great time to. So we made the compromise to spend a little more money so that everyone will have a good time. Just wanted to say I know how you feel.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #29
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
I just wanted to say, coming from another parent that was very well put on your part.

We have 2 children ages 7 and 3. Our oldest is Autistic. He is completely obsessed with Disney, and now that he is feeling more comfortable in public spaces we are planning our first family vacation with all 4 of us.

We felt that Disney would be the best choice for him, and that our youngest will have a great time to. So we made the compromise to spend a little more money so that everyone will have a good time. Just wanted to say I know how you feel.
Thank you for being kind. I usually don't respond to the snark on these threads but that guy's comment really got to me. I try not to judge other people's parenting choices because I don't personally know their circumstance. I always wonder why people think that they can judge.

It's wonderful that your family is willing to compromise to make the experience great for your 7 year old. My DD has gone through some occupational therapy during her lifetime and we've spent alot of time with kids with different needs. Although I can't imagine the challenges your family has faced, I can relate just a bit. Good luck to you and have a great time on your cruise!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #30
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Not quite true. The the prices are high but Breakaway and the Getaway have Ocean View cabins including a family ocean view that sleeps 5 passengers. There are plenty of inside cabins as well as the Studios for 1 or 2. Most of Deck 5 is all ocean view and inside cabins.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck5

The Epic is the only NCL ship without oceanview cabins.
That is interesting, when you search for 3 people oceanview do not come up as an option, only when you put in 5 people does oceanview show up.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: