Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #826
allformyboys
Earning My Ears

At Michaels, in the iron on area, they have a embroidered lettering that you iron-on.

WDW: Sept 9-15, 2011 AKL
DL: Dec. 25-31 2012
Fantasy: May 18-25, 2013
2013 DVC Member: AKL
allformyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #827
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiB View Post
those are all great!!! I have a question about the FE gifts. Are all the gifts Disney themed?? Maybe Mixed? What.does everyone do? This is our 1st Disney Cruise..super excited!!! xoxo

I am getting ready to make my FE which will be Disney themed, and my main cabin gift is also hand made and Disney theme. I will post those pictures in April when I return. For the kids I'll do movie candy and some Disney activity books for the little boys and girls.

However, a lot of people say they bring a little something from their hometown, so today I went to our Visitor's center, and came back with a stash. I live in Mooresville, NC, otherwise known as "Race City USA" due to its very strong connection to the Nascar Race shops in the area. I explained about our cruise meet and my FE group and asked the lady at the desk for a few "free" postcards, thinking that would be nice. She gave me PACKS of Nascar postcards, a Nascar race shop tour brochure and pens and post it notepads with our town nickname on them. I plan on including these with my hand made gifts. Of course, if you're not interested in Nascar, they won't be interested in the postcards or tour brochures, and I expect those might get pitched. But everyone needs a pen and a post it notepad, right?

FREE!
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #828
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
I am getting ready to make my FE which will be Disney themed, and my main cabin gift is also hand made and Disney theme. I will post those pictures in April when I return. For the kids I'll do movie candy and some Disney activity books for the little boys and girls.

However, a lot of people say they bring a little something from their hometown, so today I went to our Visitor's center, and came back with a stash. I live in Mooresville, NC, otherwise known as "Race City USA" due to its very strong connection to the Nascar Race shops in the area. I explained about our cruise meet and my FE group and asked the lady at the desk for a few "free" postcards, thinking that would be nice. She gave me PACKS of Nascar postcards, a Nascar race shop tour brochure and pens and post it notepads with our town nickname on them. I plan on including these with my hand made gifts. Of course, if you're not interested in Nascar, they won't be interested in the postcards or tour brochures, and I expect those might get pitched. But everyone needs a pen and a post it notepad, right?

FREE!
Can't wait to see your FE! Love the idea you had, too!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #829
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

Isn't that great?!
It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
Just had to share!
Just looked it up online, and though it's only available for purchase in stores, it is only $4.99!!! Very nautical looking too!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #830
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post

FREE!
Huge NASCAR fan here! Wish I was on your cruise! That's awesome! I would so love to get those items!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #831
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

Isn't that great?!
It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
Just had to share!
I used this for our FE on our cruise last month. I personalized it with Disney appliqués on the pockets and sewed on Disney ribbon long enough to hang it from the fish. It worked great!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #832
faith&ali'smom
Earning My Ears

I love these gifts.You did a great job!
faith&ali'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #833
skaters69
Earning My Ears

I love the Alaska Cruise sign can you tell me how I can get one? My trip is in August .. thanks
skaters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #834
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

so much talant

I have just had a wonderful glue reading through all these threads.
I love making fe gift love,love,love it.
Can't show what I'm making at the moment invaded any fellow travelers are on here.
Anyways thought I would let you know I've got some cruise ribbon if anyone is interested.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCL-R...8632965?ref=hl
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #835
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
Can't show what I'm making at the moment invaded any fellow travelers are on here.
Anyways thought I would let you know I've got some cruise ribbon if anyone is interested.
Yay! Ribbon!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #836
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom52 View Post
I did a request! Our trip is Feb 23 so I didn't think they'd close the list 12/31. Is it stupid to do little gifts for the family?
We cruise two weeks before you and we had closed our FE group on Christmas day - then reopened it when we realized alot of people found out about their cruise for Christmas - then closed it again on January 4th - then all of a sudden there were like 10 more families that wanted to join. What they did is they started a second FE group - so maybe there are some other late comers that would start a group with you. And no I don't think it is stupid to do stuff for your family. I have FE gifts for my own kids that they don't know about. They have seen all of the stuff for all the cabins, but they don't know about the extra stuff I made for them.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #837
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeandMaddysMomma View Post
When people have given coasters is it always a set of 4? Would 2 be enough or do you think it should always be 4?
I hope no one from my cruise is reading because I made coasters. What I did is I made one coaster for each family member - it has the ship, the dates, and their first name. Each family had four to five people so some are getting four and some five. We had one mom and daughter and I did make her two extra with no names, but I really did that because she is traveling with inlaws so I thought she might like to share them with them or keep them for herself.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #838
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

Oh goodness I'm panicking now as was only doing one coaster per family.
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #839
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Has anyone joined the FE only to have a second one open later, and then switch from the first to the second? Just curious

Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #840
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie
Thanks for the link. Love those ribbons. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321

I hope no one from my cruise is reading because I made coasters. What I did is I made one coaster for each family member - it has the ship, the dates, and their first name. Each family had four to five people so some are getting four and some five. We had one mom and daughter and I did make her two extra with no names, but I really did that because she is traveling with inlaws so I thought she might like to share them with them or keep them for herself.
Awesome! I want want to be on your cruise.

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: