Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
socaintexas
Mouseketeer

Double Stroller question

We will be going to WDW for a day on the Magic in April. I would like to have our stroller there but I am concerned about how to get it on and off the ship, on the bus, and where I would keep it on the ship. It is a Baby Jogger City Elite double, so it is pretty big. Any advice would be appreciated!
socaintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Double strollers are a real problem in the corridors outside the rooms. They will make the corridors one-way while you are in them. There will also be no way for you to get by the cleaning carts or the luggage.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
eyesing4u
DVC Member

Perhaps you can pick up an inexpensive umbrella stroller for the day. It would be difficult to store anything bigger on the ship and difficult to maneuver. You also have the option of renting one at the park.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
novazx3
Earning My Ears

Would be a very tight squeeze. Take two umbrella strollers, two adults in your party can navigate.
novazx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

ITA that double strollers on cruise ships are very difficult. I'd suggest either two umbrella strollers (with the little clips that turn them into doubles once you get off the ship and bus), or one stroller and a baby carrier.
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
socaintexas
Mouseketeer

I don't even know that it would fit in the hallway if it weren't folded up. It is that big!

What are others who would like a stroller at WDW doing?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
neg58
DIS Veteran

Just rent a stroller at WDW.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You'll have to fold it up to even get thru the door to the cabin. Some families store their stroller in the tub when it isn't being used for bathing. On the Magic, they generally won't fit under the bed.

Best thought it to rent a stroller at WDW and save yourself the hassle, no worries about it walking off on it's own, etc. If you rent a WDW stroller and it disappears, it will be replaced if you can show your receipt.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
socaintexas
Mouseketeer

Oh. Several posts while I was responding! The umbrella strollers are a great idea and I might even be tempted to donate them at WDW after we finish with them. Any luck getting kiddos to nap in those?

We rented a stroller at WDW one day last year and it was definitely not conducive to napping, but we may have to just do that and figure out an alternative nap plan.

Thanks everyone! I was hoping there was a way to make it work. Too bad there aren't some magical storage units where you embark!

Last edited by socaintexas; 01-12-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

I also use a Baby Jogger City Mini as my main Double stroller. I also have a Jeep Double Umbrella stroller as my travel/back up stroller. (This is the stroller in DH's car). It is a lot less bulky than the City Mini and because it is an umbrella stroller it folds up compactly. We were able to store the Jeep in the state room closet. Admittedly, the Jeep is no frills, very little storage, so I use a stroller caddy (I switch it between the two strollers) and bag hooks. I just have to be careful so it doesn't tip over backwards when it is not being counter-weighted by the kids!

While I would LOVE to use my City Mini for travel, often times, we simply don't have enough room in the car! Also, because it is a lot less pricy then the City Mini, I don't care if it gets a little beat up when it get put under the plane and I wouldn't be AS devastated if it got "misplaced" or stolen.

You are going to have a very difficult time in the hallways with the City Mini. Last year and this year we are right by the elevators, so very little hallway to navigate. Also Your City Mini will not fit through the stateroom door which means you will have to collapse it completely to exit/enter the room and remove everything out of the storage as well.

You can rent a stroller(s) at both WDW and this ship. The ship's are Peg Perego joggers, very bulky. No doubles, only singles. I though they were horrible. So I returned it back the next day. There is no charge on the ship. They do put $200 per stroller on you charge and then remove it when you return the stroller.

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: