Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Character Breakfast at 10:50am?

I just made an 'Ohana breakfast ADR for 10:50am (only time available) and am wondering if things are still in full swing at that time since breakfast only goes until 11am? I read about a parade and just want to be sure that and the characters would still be available at that late time. We've never eaten there either, so would love to hear reviews. This ADR was not on our list but just kind of fell into place where we needed one. Kids are 7, 5 and 4 and all of them love Lilo and Stitch. I'm excited to see The Polynesian - haven't been there since I was a young girl! Thanks!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
cheryterese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

I looooove Ohana breakfast! The food is pretty good and it's great having everything brought to you. They also have really great juice! The latest I have ever been it's 10:15 and everything seemed to still be in full swing. The characters will definetly be available to you. Have a good time!!!
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese
I just made an 'Ohana breakfast ADR for 10:50am (only time available) and am wondering if things are still in full swing at that time since breakfast only goes until 11am? I read about a parade and just want to be sure that and the characters would still be available at that late time. We've never eaten there either, so would love to hear reviews. This ADR was not on our list but just kind of fell into place where we needed one. Kids are 7, 5 and 4 and all of them love Lilo and Stitch. I'm excited to see The Polynesian - haven't been there since I was a young girl! Thanks!
We do 'Ohana every trip and always take the last ADR available which is 10:50 because we like to do EMH or rope drop at MK first. After a few hours everyone is ready for a break and breakfast that late usually mean we're good for the rest of the day with something light that evening. Everything is in full swing at that time, parades, characters, etc. Have fun!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
TeamTilson
O'hana

We had a 10:30am ADR and everything was still kickin' at that time! We never felt rushed and the character interactions were actually longer because things slowed down by then. We still had a Congo line too! Food tasted fresh and I loved the fruit platter and Mickey waffles! Stop by Captain Cooks on the main level for the self serve Dole Whip for a yummy snack to accompany you back to MK! Poly is a great resting spot!

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
partigus
Mouseketeer

cool

do they transition gradually to lunch? I don't think they shut it down and empty it out right? So you should have the benefit of choosing from bfast, then lunch options!
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #6
TeamTilson
O'hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by partigus
do they transition gradually to lunch? I don't think they shut it down and empty it out right? So you should have the benefit of choosing from bfast, then lunch options!
They only do breakfast then dinner. Dinner is served family style (like breakfast).

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Ohana doesn't serve lunch, it's only breakfast and dinner. The characters are available until the end of the breakfast serving period. If you don't see the characters, ask your server but they will be around. They do go for short breaks (5 minutes - 10 at most) so they Mickey can take a cheese break and Pluto can have some doggie snacks.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 01-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

It sounds great! Thanks for the reassurence, everyone! I'm so glad we ended up with this ADR. This will be on the morning of our 3rd day at MK and our second to last day of a week long trip, so I think we will be ready for a served, sit down breakfast at that point! We are rope drop people, so will be ready for a break by then as well as mentioned by Barnhill. 3 weeks and 4 days until we leave!!!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
cheryterese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

We had a the last slot for breakfast at H&V and I think it was better. There are less people if you longer and the characters visit more often and play around more. Hopefully the same can be said for Ohana.

HuskerFaninIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFaninIL View Post
We had a the last slot for breakfast at H&V and I think it was better. There are less people if you longer and the characters visit more often and play around more. Hopefully the same can be said for Ohana.
We had an early reservation for Ohana (8:05am) and the restaurant was so quite! We had Stitch, Pluto and Mickey come to our table twice.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
I love Ohana! The first time we went my kids weren't really familiar with Lilo and Stitch because they were still young but we had a great time and went back. The second time we went my then 5 year old couldn't wait to hug on Stitch! He's one of their favorites now Anyway, since it is Ohana and they don't serve lunch, like everyone else has mentioned, it should be perfectly fine. We did Tusker House our last trip on a late morning ADR though and I felt rushed. They seated us 20 min. late and they were already bringing out the lunch food. They left us one little section of breakfast. It would have been fine if we wanted lunch but we really only wanted breakfast. Mickey Waffles!
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: