Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

We do it every trip. Although generally do a park that evening. My favorite kind of day is to spend the day at my resort, then go to MK for EMH that night or sometimes DTD.

We have been known to also just be at the resort all day and evening, the nightime movies by the pools//beaches that each resort offers make that option very doable for us.

Our trips are always at least ten nights so a down day is a must for us. When we have two week trips, its a must because they don't sell a ticket that is long enough to cover all our days.

I'll add that we have stayed at every level of Disney resort and we have done this down day at every level. Although I will say the values are great in the morning, as the day wears on it gets harder to feel the peace and quiet! At the mods and deluxe's we do main pool until after lunch then head to one of the quiet pools.

Another note I'll make is that the pool games all the resorts do also have us escaping to the quiet pools in the afternoons if we want peace and quiet. Our kids are older now so the pool games aren't much of a draw anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: