Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

We had given up on it long ago. NO WAY I'd waste TWO dining entitlements there!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #17
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri

I actually thought it was pretty overrated long before it went to 2TS credits..
Us too.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
marmar
Mouseketeer

Old timer here. Le Cellier was our favorite restaurant restaurant before Dining Plan. When the DDP started the restaurant slipped. The menu was downgraded to be appropriate for 1TS. The DDP made it almost imposseble to get in. Personally I thought it was still one of the best 1TS restaurants.
If you were careful about what you ordered, it was still pretty good.

I am happy they moved it to 2TS. Maybe it will have a chance of going back the way it used to be.

When we couldn't get into LeCellier, we switched to Artist Point or Brown Derby. However, if you want steak check out the Yachtsman. Check the menu before you go to Shula's...... everything is just too big for us there (reminds me of trying to feed a 18 year old football player)
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I actually thought it was pretty overrated long before it went to 2TS credits..
Yet you've recommended it in some of your older posts
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

I used to recommend it, too. We just found places we liked better. We've been MANY times. The food was always very good for the price. I imagine it would still taste the same at double the price on the dining plan, so we don't plan to return. It opens it up for people who still love it. Everybody wins.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Sorry to call you out, but based on your older posts, you only gave up on it during the 2 dining entitlement change. You used to eat there all the time and you used to recommend it to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
We had given up on it long ago. NO WAY I'd waste TWO dining entitlements there!!!

davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Sorry to call you out, but based on your older posts, you only gave up on it during the 2 dining entitlement change. You used to eat there all the time and you used to recommend it to everyone.
Me???

Did you mean to quote me???

We DID used to eat there all the time - twice per trip and LOVED it. BUT our last trip LONG before it became Signature we gave up our second ADR to wait stand-by for a table at Teppan Edo. I don't think I ever put it down. We just found places we like better. I still stand by what I said... NO WAY I would use TWO dining credits there. Actually, my family wouldn't go for one credit anymore - but, only because we like other places MORE, not because we like Le Cellier LESS. So, I'm confused as to why I'm being "called out".

Last edited by TruBlu; 01-12-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
cdnmickeyfan5324
Earning My Ears

Le Cellier is an amazing restaurant with great food!!! I've was so pleased with the meal after having eaten at other Disney restaurants that were over priced for awful food!! Can't go wrong with Le Cellier!!
cdnmickeyfan5324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
julie4423
Mouseketeer

I loved the food here. One of our favorites. I was so sad to see it change to 2 credits though. I will still go here, but I will pay OOP. Just financially speaking it isn't worth 2 TS credits.
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Because unfortunately I travel with people who LIKE it..I like the soup and the pretzel bread
Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
rquebral
Earning My Ears

I just made the pretzel bread and soup tonight for dinner. When I am feeling mouse sick, I like to make some of the recipes to bring some magic home. I agree that I would also pay oop rather than use 2 dining credits. Although I think our next few trips will be dining planless. I have a 10 year old that I refuse to pay adult prices for, there is no way I am paying 55 dollars a night for mac and cheese and pizza.
rquebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
rquebral
Earning My Ears

I do love the filet Mignon with mushroom risotto!!! Maybe I should try making that at home too. I do love Le Cellier and we have gone there on every trip...all 9 in the last 6 years. We have only had one bad experience out of 9.
rquebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

We absolutely love Le Cellier!!!! In fact, we are really looking forward to eating there again this year. I think we are going to be going there twice. You are going to find people who love it and some that don't. That is how it will be for every restaurant on the property.
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I will admit that I liked it before it was 2 credits. I liked it before the DDP, the most, though. After the dining plan, it did make it much more difficult to get reservations and I just didn't want to have to deal with that hassle. This past trip, I wasn't blown away with my pork chop or my dad's steak. Both were good, please don't get me wrong. My husband did really enjoy his burger. The soup and pretzel bread is as good as ever as is the maple creme brule. However, as good as those all are, I can't really justify the price for them or paying 2 TS credits. I find other signature dining to be just as good at making a steak and many have an atmosphere that more appeals to me. Luckily for me, I can get a cheddar cheese beer soup that is darn close to Le Cellier at Biergarten and it is all I can eat. It also comes with all the pretzel bread I care to have with it.

Basically, all I am saying is that Le Cellier is a good restaurant; however, it is my opinion that it is not as good as the price would suggest. If they lowered the price, or if it went back to one credit and we had the dining plan, we would put it on our list of possible restaurants. It would not be one of our Must Dos, but it would be on a short list of ones we strongly considered (the fact that it is in Epcot where we have multiple restaurants that we love also hurts it, though).

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

The place was once a great restaurant. ONCE. Like a lot of WDW restaurants, the food has become less than perfect over the years. It was once one of our favorites, but like a great number of WDW eateries, it has slipped, more than a bit. We feel that it is because of these "free" dining plans. There was so much waste going on at the restaurants with these plans that Disney has dumbed-down, or "cheapened" these once great restaurants. Speaking to a large number of Disney regulars, it seems to be a growing consensus.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: