Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #796
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Here is our wish list:

1. World
2. GF if just ODS, ODD and my mom go with me; CR if DH and all 4 kids go (I think all 6 of us can do a CR room because they hold 5 plus an infant )
3. Character Cuddles
4. Early October (fall break)

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun15 - Yellowstone/Grand Teton Parks
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #797
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

So, no more Dis-Winners? Bummer! Hopefully soon
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #798
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Just finished washing dishes and I looked out my the window in my complex and saw a FedEx truck. I was anxiously awaiting the knock at the door, but just saw him drive away. Boo! I'm now FedEx truck stocking. Haha!

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #799
TeamTilson
O'hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
If we won we would:

Walt Disney World
Contemporary Resort
Happy Happenings
THIS for me as well! ... in the tower ... facing the MK!

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #800
ksloane
DIS Veteran

1) the World or the Land? Really don't know. I have a vacation booked for June at WDW that it would nice to let Disney pay for, but I don't know that we'll ever get the chance to go to Disneyland so that would be very tempting.

2) Resort? Grand Floridian or Contemporary (I think...) - Grand Californian if at Disneyland

3) Package (romance, character, etc.)? Thrills Beyond the Park

4) Dates of travel? Probably summer because I'm at teacher and probably the other times we would like to go would be blacked out. Although, if it wasn't blacked out, Thanksgiving week might be nice since we are usually out the entire week.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #801
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Okay, this sounds stupid.. the day before I won.. I found a brand new penny face up at the grocery store. I picked it and DH laughed at me. I told him our luck cant get much worse! I keep that penny on all the time now!
I'm a few days behind on the thread, but I just saw this and it made me laugh. On Tuesday I found a penny facing heads up too! I thought it had to be my day to win, but instead I just got off of jury duty for the next day. That's something right?
beckyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #802
Aidensmommy22
Mouseketeer

A little off subject

For those that enter sweepstakes daily, how long before you won your first sweepstakes? Have you ever won anything big? I've been very diligent in entering as many as I can & I'm just curious if it has paid off for anyone.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #803
makeawish89
Earning My Ears

OMG last night I look at my husbands phone and he had missed calls from an 804 number he didn't know. No voice mail so I googled the number and it's a number from Ventura California. For a moment my heart stopped and then I remember you guys saying it would be a 212 number. "Sigh" oh well. . . . .
I've never won anything in my life but here's hoping for the 13th to be my lucky day because it's our family's lucky number.

1986(July)- Disney World- DH first trip with his family he remembers loving space mountain but the rest was a nightmare he says!
1989(late spring)- Disney Land and Disney World- First Trip age 3 thanks to Make A Wish Foundation (first three years of my life spent battling cancer)
1994(Spring)- Disney World- Whole family went. We stayed in the WL Cabins
1998(June)- Disney World- Went with our church youth group at one of the value resorts.
2000(Aug)- Disney World- Went with girl scout troop and camped in tents at camp grounds in WL area. First time in AK.
2009 (NOV-Dec)- Disney World- HD's second ever trip. I showed him what a REAL Disney trip is like and he's in love! All Star Sports
2010(Nov-Dec)- Disney World- Our honeymoon! All Star Music
makeawish89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #804
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

We would choose:

1) The World (We have never been before because of the cost, so this would be great )
2) Not sure about the hotels...we've barely looked at Deluxe or Moderates. But probably Coronado Springs, Boardwalk or the Polynesian...Maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge?
3) Again, not really sure. While tours and recreational activities would be fun, this would be our one and only trip, and we probably wouldn't want to spend a lot of time outside the parks. We would probably do Romance, although Big Thrills and Amazing Fun might work for our family as well.

I am going to stay away from this thread, because I don't want to get our hopes up.

I do have one question. I heard they sometimes send emails to the winners that may go into your spam email. If you didn't respond to the email, would they contact you another way? Or you would you lose your prize?

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #805
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

The other night I went to the movies with my husband and I put my phone on vibrate. While at the movies, it started vibrating and I could only get my phone out far enough to see the first 2 number of the call received and it was 21...I nearly had a heart attack and close to running out of the theatre to answer then I saw saw the third number and it was a 3. So I am receiving a telemarketer call from 213 instead of 212.

I was heartbroken. Oh well.

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #806
mel&me
Hello from New York

could not resist. threw in an entry
Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #807
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommy22 View Post
For those that enter sweepstakes daily, how long before you won your first sweepstakes? Have you ever won anything big? I've been very diligent in entering as many as I can & I'm just curious if it has paid off for anyone.
I have been entering daily sweepstakes for about 10 months now. All I have won so far is a Robitussin golf umbrella (first prize was $100K, sigh) and a large jar of body scrub. But, because I won these two small items, I can't stop........I am fully hooked.
At least it's cheaper than actual gambling.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #808
JessiePride
Earning My Ears

I have another question. When you guys enter do you check that you would like to receive emails and info from Disney etc., or leave that one unchecked?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #809
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

...so only 1 winner from the Dis so far this year?

I'm guessing it's because this years entries aren't attached to the Disney website 'login' like last year?

Another thing I noticed is that after you enter it says, "Thank You...one entry per day per email address."

Makes me wonder if individuals are using multiple emails under one name?

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #810
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiePride View Post
I have another question. When you guys enter do you check that you would like to receive emails and info from Disney etc., or leave that one unchecked?
DH and I check that box every time there is an option to do so. I don't know if it makes any difference, but we have gotten quite a few PIN codes over the years via email and snail mail.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: