Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

We are on the Plus DDP this summer. I want to make all these ADRs and am wondering which ones would be more worth it to pay OOP for.

Arrival day: Sanaa (staying at AKV)
CRT breakfast
BOG
Cape May
Les Chefs lunch
Tusker house breakfast
1900 PF dinner
Garden grill
Boma breakfast

We are also planning two grown up date nights with two adults dining at either Boma or Jiko and the rest of the family eating QS or in room dining.

We are staying for 7 nights.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

For the ADULTS, I would pay OOP for CRT breakfast and then do one DDP and one OOP for Sanaa, Le Chef or BoG depending on what you might order. That way you still get a dessert to share at those meals and you're only paying OOP for the entree.

For the KIDS, pay OOP at the a la carte places. Kids' meals at these type are all around $10 or less.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
DisGirl819

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe
For the ADULTS, I would pay OOP for CRT breakfast and then do one DDP and one OOP for Sanaa, Le Chef or BoG depending on what you might order. That way you still get a dessert to share at those meals and you're only paying OOP for the entree.

For the KIDS, pay OOP at the a la carte places. Kids' meals at these type are all around $10 or less.
Can you just use the ddp for one or two adults but not all four? We are a party of four adults and two kids. I thought if one person used ddp then everyone had to at the same meal.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
Can you just use the ddp for one or two adults but not all four? We are a party of four adults and two kids. I thought if one person used ddp then everyone had to at the same meal.
It's not an "all or nothing" system. Just let your server know which Adults will be using the dining plan and which ones will be paying OOP. You'll receive 2 separate bills at the end of the meal. This is one way of saving credits at the less expensive meals and using them for the 2 credit places.

As far as which adult meals to pay OOP you can look at the menus on allears for the various a la carte restaurants (Sanaa, BOG dinner, Les Chefs) and see which ones are least expensive. Also figure out the per credit cost for CRT since that's 2 credits per person.

Children's buffet/AYCE prices make those a good choice on the dining plan whereas a la carte kid's meals tend to be fairly inexpensive.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
DisGirl819

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
It's not an "all or nothing" system. Just let your server know which Adults will be using the dining plan and which ones will be paying OOP. You'll receive 2 separate bills at the end of the meal. This is one way of saving credits at the less expensive meals and using them for the 2 credit places.

As far as which adult meals to pay OOP you can look at the menus on allears for the various a la carte restaurants (Sanaa, BOG dinner, Les Chefs) and see which ones are least expensive. Also figure out the per credit cost for CRT since that's 2 credits per person.

Children's buffet/AYCE prices make those a good choice on the dining plan whereas a la carte kid's meals tend to be fairly inexpensive.
Good to know! We've used the DDP for years but we've always all eaten on the DDP and just paid OOP for particular restaurants. I had no idea I could pay OOP for certain people and not others. Thank you! That helps a lot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: