Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Boma or Tusker House for breakfast?

Would love some input for which breakfast buffet to choose for our AK day!

The main consideration is the food- quality, variety, etc. as we are a party of adults and not particularly concerned with the characters. However, I have read that with an early ADR at Tusker House you may enter the park early which seems tempting!

We will be staying at the BC and if we eat at Boma, would take a taxi from the BC and then bus to AK. I'm not sure how inconvenient this would be or if it would eat up too much time?

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Would love some input for which breakfast buffet to choose for our AK day!

The main consideration is the food- quality, variety, etc. as we are a party of adults and not particularly concerned with the characters. However, I have read that with an early ADR at Tusker House you may enter the park early which seems tempting!

We will be staying at the BC and if we eat at Boma, would take a taxi from the BC and then bus to AK. I'm not sure how inconvenient this would be or if it would eat up too much time?

Thank you!
We love the pre-park open ADR. Plus, at Tusker House, it is right by the entrance of the Safari ride. So, we ate breakfast at 8:00 AM, walked outside at 8:55, and watched the stampede of people running at us to get on the Safaris. We picked up FP, rode the KS, and again with FP. What a great way to start the day. The food at Tusker House was hot, fresh, and very good. We were the first meal of the day.

Boma breakfast is really good as well. You would have some logistics trying to get to Boma at 8:00 AM for breakfast. A taxi would work. You may be able to get a bus from a theme park that is open before AK to AKL, but they may be rare that early in the morning.

I think both are great choices.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

We ate at Boma this past trip several times and it was absolutely delicious. That being said, we were staying at AKL otherwise we would never had made the trek over for breakfast. I don't think you can go wrong with Tusker House, everyone seems to love it!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We love the TH and have never been disappointed whether it be for breakfast or lunch. The character interaction at TH is fun but brief.
The convenience of being in park early is great and as pp, you are right outside of the safari ride.

If you do chose BOMA though, just exploring AKL and going out looking at the savannah is really great. It really is a beautiful resort.

Convenience wise, Tusker.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We ate a both places the year we stayed at AKL. Boma had a really nice breakfast, the juice was awesome. We did a few breakfasts that year and if a remember correctly Boma had a few different options with the African style. Which was nice. Turkeer is really convenient if you are going to the park for the day. The earlier the better. It's nice because by the time u finish you breakfast the park is just opening you can do the park from the back to front , less wait times. The only issue is Tusker is you typical character breakfast = Mickey waffles & eggs.

If you are looking fora quick start cape may also has the character buffet right at BC.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Tusker !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: