DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #2431
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Do any of my fellow SSR owners have any info, faqs for my first dvc stay which in a studio at jambo house at AK
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #2432
KinziePooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Do any of my fellow SSR owners have any info, faqs for my first dvc stay which in a studio at jambo house at AK
I'm not sure what kind of view you have but I would request something near an elevator and near the pool. Being on the opposite side of the lobby can be quite the hike to get to either of those places.

As for SSR, I was there over Christmas week and enjoyed it. I had stayed there once before but didn't spend any time at the resort. This time, thanks to this great thread, I knew the layout of the resort and requested Congress Park. Imagine my surprise when I got a corner room overlooking DTD that was ready around noon.

I spent some time at the CP pool and also sitting in the famous rocking chairs. So relaxing and peaceful! I ate at both AP and the Paddock pool (highly recommend the chicken sandwich). Unfortunately, we never made it over to the Turf Club to eat. Guess I'll have to book another stay sometime
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #2433
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
We stayed at Kidani the last time. Anything specific you want to know?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #2434
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

We stayed at Kidani the last time. Anything specific you want to know?
Hey norm. Yeah- parking. Bus. Pool. Views. The usual info.

How are you?

And thAnks!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #2435
happyann79
Mouseketeer

I believe ssr does have some newly finished rooms...just check with ms when u book.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2436
Happy99
DIS Veteran

booked our first stay at SSR for August one week 2BR. 2ad, 2 teens.

Other than section what are the most requested requests? Anything in particular that you have requested that doesn't easily come to mind?

I think we are going to request the springs sections so the teens can head off to the community hall, arcade, etc easily. I hear that Grandstand is another favorite but think that springs would be better for us for that? keeping in mind that it will be AUGUST and I am sure walking will be kept to a minimum during the afternoons

I know places like BC hotel you should request a full balcony as not all the rooms have them, anything like this that I should take note of at SSR?

Any difference in the rooms between Springs and Grandstand?

Thanks

Last edited by Happy99; 01-10-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #2437
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99
booked our first stay at SSR for August one week 2BR. 2ad, 2 teens.

Other than section what are the most requested requests? Anything in particular that you have requested that doesn't easily come to mind?

I think we are going to request the springs sections so the teens can head off to the community hall, arcade, etc easily. I hear that Grandstand is another favorite but think that springs would be better for us for that? keeping in mind that it will be AUGUST and I am sure walking will be kept to a minimum during the afternoons

I know places like BC hotel you should request a full balcony as not all the rooms have them, anything like this that I should take note of at SSR?

Any difference in the rooms between Springs and Grandstand?

Thanks
I'd actually ask for the grandstand. Not sure how busy Aug is but buses often pass by the springs stop because they are full during busier time periods.
Other than that, all the rooms are identical.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2438
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I'd actually ask for the grandstand. Not sure how busy Aug is but buses often pass by the springs stop because they are full during busier time periods.
Other than that, all the rooms are identical.
Thank you - we will have a car and I think we would only take the bus to MK because parking at TTC is a pain
Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2439
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
Thank you - we will have a car and I think we would only take the bus to MK because parking at TTC is a pain
That's exactly what we do. MK is the only park I refuse to drive to.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #2440
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

refurb buildings

Which SSR sections have the new furnishings? We were there during Thanksgiving and stayed in Grandstand 8000 building and our room was not the new furnishings...
We are going Feb., 2013, and would love to see the new updates.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #2441
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbprimeaux View Post
Which SSR sections have the new furnishings? We were there during Thanksgiving and stayed in Grandstand 8000 building and our room was not the new furnishings...
We are going Feb., 2013, and would love to see the new updates.
We stayed in the paddock in 2 different buildings over Christmas. The building to the right of the pool was not refurbished but the building to the left was.

The new carpet and coverings are VERY nice. Except the comforter, the old comforter was usable, this new one is not. We just asked for extra blankets to compensate for not being able to use the comforter.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #2442
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Is the health club at SSR closing for refurbishment and if so what are the dates? I would like to workout a couple of times during our upcoming trip. thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #2443
famgel
Mouseketeer

Little disappointed with recent stay

Just returned from a week stay at our home resort (DVC member) and after 6 days I had to have a chat with the hotel manager, Rodney. My issues were as follows; snack bar at Grandstand was not opened consistently, 4th day maid service was minimal and lacking complete trash pickup and replenishments, bus service mainly coming from the parks to home was horrendous, last and not least the one day, Fri we had planned quiet day by our pool it was closed. I called from phone in the area, answer I got was dials were being worked on (i sat for 2 hrs not seeing one maintenance person). After this i went to lobby to speak to Hotel Mgr. he apologized and gave us a $100 credit on our charges. I didnt expect this but it helped a little. It's been 3 yrs since our last visit to SSR and we will probably not go back to it anytime soon. Definitely felt Disney has cut back on employees and obviously the servicing of its guests has suffered. I also feel the beds should be updated they are extremely firm and did not get a restful sleep at all. I have read reviews on other resorts and I'm seeing the same complaints. I am just wondering if Disney has cut back on their employees and that's why the resorts are suffering. Let me know what you think!

SSR Jan 2013, Jordan Grand, ME, RCI (7/11), Hilton Head, Queens Grant (not Disney) 6/2010, BCV (1/10), RCI Jordan Grand Resort, Sunday River, Bethel, Maine (8/09), SSR 1/09, HH 6/08, DL -Paradise Pier, & Hotel Del Coronado 10/07, BW '05, POR '97, CBR '94, Offsite '92
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2444
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by famgel
Just returned from a week stay at our home resort (DVC member) and after 6 days I had to have a chat with the hotel manager, Rodney. My issues were as follows; snack bar at Grandstand was not opened consistently, 4th day maid service was minimal and lacking complete trash pickup and replenishments, bus service mainly coming from the parks to home was horrendous, last and not least the one day, Fri we had planned quiet day by our pool it was closed. I called from phone in the area, answer I got was dials were being worked on (i sat for 2 hrs not seeing one maintenance person). After this i went to lobby to speak to Hotel Mgr. he apologized and gave us a $100 credit on our charges. I didnt expect this but it helped a little. It's been 3 yrs since our last visit to SSR and we will probably not go back to it anytime soon. Definitely felt Disney has cut back on employees and obviously the servicing of its guests has suffered. I also feel the beds should be updated they are extremely firm and did not get a restful sleep at all. I have read reviews on other resorts and I'm seeing the same complaints. I am just wondering if Disney has cut back on their employees and that's why the resorts are suffering. Let me know what you think!
We got were very confused about the snack bar at the Grandstand. Everyday there was a board out in display promising it being open serving soft serve ice cream. We were there 2 weeks and often sat by the pool and only saw it open once. We were quite annoyed by that! It was bad enough it being closed let alone this tempting sign out every morning! I couldnt understand why they did that!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #2445
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famgel
Our last trip was September, 2012 at ASM. We are going next week for a split stay at AKV and SSR. After 30 years at thee parks, we found service still declining. 9/11 was the turning point. It has been one austerity program after another. Landscaping was first thing we noticed...more evergreen bushes and less annuals and flowers. This time we were APPALLED at the lawn mowers blocking Buena Vista in middle of the day!!! Then you notice the cheaper paper goods;TP and napkins. THE FINAL BLOW was being on monorail with several off duty CMs and they were ENGAGING us in a gripe fest out all the cutbacks and how difficult it is for them to do their jobs with less hours and less and lacking products!!! This made us very very sad. Gone are the days of the Look Book and the 6 important gets guidelines.

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: