Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Just back from Port Orleans French Quarter...

We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: