Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #511
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

sounds like you had a fab trip. Wicked is Amazing. We saw it on broadway I loved it
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #512
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Sheree!!! All caught up! Looks like a blast in London! Makes me want to start planning a trip right now!

Happy New Year!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #513
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fabulous trip. I still have not seen wicked. mostly because when it has come, it had "wicked" prices. I have read the book, but I hear it is different.
Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous trip!!!!
Well, thank you! Wicked is a great show - especially if you are a fan of Wizard of Oz. But those Broadway shows are pricey!
Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
This is a wonderful picture Sheree! Love it. I'd love to see Wicked someday. I hear it's really good. I cannot wait until you start your October TR. I need to get going on mine too.
I don't know why I was so drawn to those colorful doors! Wicked is great - someday it will come back through town and maybe it will be a good "treat" for a special occasion to see it.
I'm going to wrap this up with some souvenir pics so I can start organizing pictures for my October TR. I know you've started yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
sounds like you had a fab trip. Wicked is Amazing. We saw it on broadway I loved it
It was a great trip - sometimes I still can't believe we went! Wicked on Broadway! I have the soundtrack from the original Broadway cast and love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Sheree!!! All caught up! Looks like a blast in London! Makes me want to start planning a trip right now!

Happy New Year!!!
Hi Jackie!
Glad you got caught up! London is now officially one of my favorite cities! Not that I've been everywhere, mind you, but amongst places I've been, it ranks right up there! I think you'd love it - lots of cool historical things, literary references - it's right up your alley!
Hope your new year is going well so far!

Okay, friends, I've finally found and uploaded my few last pictures - SOUVENIRS!!! So I'll get that last little bit of this TR done and hopefully be able to start one for our October trip soon. I can promise one thing - it will be slow moving!!! Everyday life just takes up so much time these days!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #514
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Souvenirs!

Of course, for me, part of the fun of traveling is trying to find some special mementos of our trip. Since this was a "big" trip, I thought I would look for something really special - more than just a t-shirt, you know? But it would have to be small enough to get back home in my suitcase!

Here's what we came home with:

This was something Dave HAD to have. I love it, and it sits on our piano. However, it was after we got home, that I discovered it can be purchased ... wait for it... in EPCOT!!! Sheesh, how special is that? Oh well, I know that ours came directly from Paris!!

Most of our souvenirs came from Disneyland Paris - I know, you're shocked!
T-shirts

This one is mine

Sadly, the "decal" started to peel off a little around the edges. So I don't want to wear it too much. I hate that.

This, on the other hand, I wear a lot!

Front

Back

See that? Really from PARIS!

We tend to get magnets from a lot of our trips. Lots of things to put on the refrigerator! This trip was no exception.

Okay, I know this "keep calm and..." stuff is everywhere, but this is the original! We know the history of this phrase thanks to our trip to the Churchill War Rooms (well, I knew before...). It's a good reminder to have on the fridge these days with all the chaos and drama of life!

I was careful to make sure it said Paris on it!

I was amazed at how much stuff was the same as in WDW but they stuck Disneyland Paris on it instead. Thankfully there were some things that were different and hopefully exclusive to DLP.

I think this was Sarah's

Both girls got some little ones for their friends.

Giant Pen - I think Sarah gave one to her teacher too. They were like 3 for 2 pounds at a kitschy souvenir shop in Windsor.

For my boss - the tin was cute.

I'll be honest - I have no idea who bought this or where this one went!

Cute little ornaments - one or two of these might have been gifts

Of course I had to have a pin!

or two

ahem or three

Okay, this was a joke - my boss had been given a spoon with Prince William on it as some type of joke, so I thought I would add to her "collection". No offense to any spoon collectors out there! There was still a TON of Royal Wedding souvenirs over there, plus lots of stuff for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee which was coming a few months later.

cont.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #515
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

More souvenirs...

Gotta have something from Harrod's - why not English Breakfast tea? It's really quite good! I'll probably keep the tin and put the tea bags from the grocery store in there!

Oh - back to Paris
We always get an ornament too!

I think Sarah got this eraser

You've already seen our picture we bought from the London Eye

Here we are again:

One of the girls picked out this book.

Dave bought a coin - he's a collector

ETA: I almost forgot Paige's most important special souvenir! Miss Marie kitty!! She sleeps with her and just LOVES her!! She's French, you know!

Dave also got a hooded sweatshirt in DLP and in London. Not sure why I don't have pictures, but he probably put them away before I could snap one!

And there you have it. I never did find the "special" souvenir, but the experiences we had and the memories we made will do just fine!

I guess I never mentioned - but our trip home was thankfully, uneventful. I watched about 4 movies on the first leg of the trip (which is great, since I don't get to do that often) and when we got home, the weather was so warm it felt like winter was over! In actuality, it was the warmest year on record.

I thought about how I would end this TR with some closing remarks. But I just can't seem to sum it up easily. There are things I would do over in a minute, things I wish we'd have done, things I could live without doing again, but really it boils down to this:

We had an amazing, wonderful, fun, rainy, sunny, exciting, nerve-wracking, adventurous, a little scary and MEMORABLE trip!
My favorite thing about it is that my girls have been talking about some of the things we did and saw ever since we got home. That they got so much out of it is the BEST thing I could have asked for. It was worth every penny (or Euro, or pound)!!!

I hope you have enjoyed our journey and I thank all of you for coming along and sticking with me as I dragged it out!! It was fun for me to go back and relive the events too. I have definitely gotten bit by the travel bug, and have many more adventures planned (see tickers!). I dream of a Mediterranean cruise (hopefully for my 50th!) and seeing Italy. For now, we're sticking to the US. We had our WDW trip in October - that's the next TR - I'll post a link here and send out a bat signal too! Then we are off to Hilton Head in March, and cruising Alaska in August!!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 01-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #516
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great memories! I love all your souvenirs. I agree, when your child continuously talks about the trip, it was a good one. Those family memories are something they will have forever!
I am so glad you shared it with us too!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #517
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed the final installments of your trip report

And had to laugh when you talked about how expensive everything was in Harrods! We took the girls to London just before Christmas for our annual trip to see Santa at Selfridges (where DH works in IT) and decided to go over to Harrods as well because this year they had a pop-up Disney shop and Disney-princess inspired Christmas windows. We did pick up a couple of very small Disney gifts for the girls to bring home (bath bubbles!) but I had plans to go and get them a personalised stick of rock with their name written all the way through. At £50 (about $80) I had to say no!! We took a tiny free sample each and made do with that

Glad you enjoyed your European adventures - sounds like there's plenty more you'd like to do if ever you get the chance to return
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #518
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh Sheree, I have loved reading along on your BIG adventure! I'm sad it's over but am so excited to read along on your October trip.

I always, always get a magnet and ornament too. Great minds think alike!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #519
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great souvenirs!

Sounds like you have lots of awesome adventures coming up!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #520
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I always love the souvie post! Fun stuff but I really adore your french Minnie pin and the Tinkerbelle ornament. Adorable.

2 trips on the Horizon, how exciting for you. Seriously, don't hesitate to ask any questions about Alaska you might have as it gets closer, you guys are going to LOVE it!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #521
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great memories! I love all your souvenirs. I agree, when your child continuously talks about the trip, it was a good one. Those family memories are something they will have forever!
I am so glad you shared it with us too!
Thanks Jen! Yeah, I'm glad we went at this time - it was perfect for the kids' ages and the things we did. Although I still want to go back again! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Really enjoyed the final installments of your trip report

And had to laugh when you talked about how expensive everything was in Harrods! We took the girls to London just before Christmas for our annual trip to see Santa at Selfridges (where DH works in IT) and decided to go over to Harrods as well because this year they had a pop-up Disney shop and Disney-princess inspired Christmas windows. We did pick up a couple of very small Disney gifts for the girls to bring home (bath bubbles!) but I had plans to go and get them a personalised stick of rock with their name written all the way through. At £50 (about $80) I had to say no!! We took a tiny free sample each and made do with that

Glad you enjoyed your European adventures - sounds like there's plenty more you'd like to do if ever you get the chance to return
Thanks! Harrods has a great way of making one feel rather poor! But I also marveled at how anything could be so over the top extravagant! I definitely want to return to Europe and have lots of places I hope to travel to someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh Sheree, I have loved reading along on your BIG adventure! I'm sad it's over but am so excited to read along on your October trip.

I always, always get a magnet and ornament too. Great minds think alike!
Thanks Kelli! I'm glad you were here! I have yet to even start October - just not feeling it yet I guess! Hopefully soon. I'm happy to read along with yours though!
Magnets and ornaments - around here, you can never have enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great souvenirs!

Sounds like you have lots of awesome adventures coming up!!
Thanks Shelly - yeah, we definitely are bitten by the travel bug now! There's so many places I want to take the girls and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I always love the souvie post! Fun stuff but I really adore your french Minnie pin and the Tinkerbelle ornament. Adorable.

2 trips on the Horizon, how exciting for you. Seriously, don't hesitate to ask any questions about Alaska you might have as it gets closer, you guys are going to LOVE it!
It's funny, I'd forgotten about the pins - we kind of put them away with the others (they are on a bulletin board) and that was that. The ornament made it's debut on our Disney tree this Christmas - it looked great!
I will definitely be asking you about Alaska. I'm going back and re-reading your TR!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #522
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a fantastic trip you had!! And how wonderful that the girls are still talking about it - that is the best part.

We plan to go to DLP next year, I think I'll be revisiting for some planning tips!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #523
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks Kelli! I'm glad you were here! I have yet to even start October - just not feeling it yet I guess! Hopefully soon. I'm happy to read along with yours though!
Magnets and ornaments - around here, you can never have enough!
I'm not really feeling it either but am making myself do it before my old brain forgets everything. It's slow going for sure.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: