Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #2596
papadis
Earning My Ears

Two ques. First can I get connecting standard rooms in any of the bldgs, and lastly where can I find the when value season and other seasons are listed.
Thanks for your help!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #2597
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadis View Post
Two ques. First can I get connecting standard rooms in any of the bldgs, and lastly where can I find the when value season and other seasons are listed.
Thanks for your help!
Here's a link with rates and seasons for the resorts

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt...-season-dates/

Read my trip reports!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #2598
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
We are 70 days out today. Our first MK day has am emh at 8am, but easywdw predicts that may be backed up to 7am due to heavy crowds. If it is backed up to 7am and buses start running at 6am we won't be able to eat breakfast at resort unless we just grab something, correct? How far past 7 should we expect to get to the park if we ate a quick, but hot breakfast at the resort and then used buses? If we could eat right at 6 and catch a bus by 6:30 then I would prefer that but if it's going to be closer to 7 before we could catch a bus I'd rather give kids a snack and snack again at MK to hold kids off until our lunch ADR. This is our first time staying at a value and using dis world bus system so this is all new to me. Thanks for your help!
I know that the buses were pretty crowded and slow running to MK on EMH days when we went in November during a particularly crowded week, but I've never experienced a start time of 7 AM so can't comment on the frequency or crowding of the buses that early in the morning. However, I will say that one morning when we wanted to arrive super early to MK and avoid wasting time at the resort, we had our breakfast at the Main Street Bakery in MK (using snack credits) and it was insanely good (best cinnamon buns ever!!) - so that might be an option you might want to consider. The food court at AoA was surprisingly crowded early in the morning. I'm not sure you would be out of there in half an hour, and if you just miss the bus, you might be waiting up to an additional 20 minutes or more.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #2599
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your help!
We think there should be connecting standard rooms (rooms with an interior door) available in all three Little Mermaid buildings.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #2600
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Question Question about luggage

So we are staying 2 days at the Pixar resort with three days at the parks. We are getting dropped off Early in the morning of our check in date and picked up late in the day of our check out day. My question is will the resort hold our luggage for us when we drop it off in the morning (before check in time) so we can go to the park and will they hold it for us on our check out day until late in the evening so we can spend the whole day at the park and not have to worry about having to find something to do with all of our luggage after the morning check out.
Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #2601
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themcive4
So we are staying 2 days at the Pixar resort with three days at the parks. We are getting dropped off Early in the morning of our check in date and picked up late in the day of our check out day. My question is will the resort hold our luggage for us when we drop it off in the morning (before check in time) so we can go to the park and will they hold it for us on our check out day until late in the evening so we can spend the whole day at the park and not have to worry about having to find something to do with all of our luggage after the morning check out.
Thanks!
Yes to both!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #2602
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Hi all

Well we are just back from aoa fn - travelled with myself, DH, dd 8 months and dd almost 5 - unfortunately only there for 4 full days so not much time at the resort as we are first timers for Disney
I feel like I have so much to say - the suites were way more spacious than I expected. And DH said the theming was not as bad as he thought it would be in the rooms. we stayed in crush building (#5) fourth floor wih view of yhe pool at it was great. We never had breakfast at land of flavours - did character breakfast 3 mornings and the other 2 ate in the room (oatmeal and cereal)

Some tips I can think of now:
- if eating land of flavours pasta, order this and have the rest of your group only get their food once yours is being made or eveyhing else will be cold (they really try to offer variety but don't have the how to do it efficiently part down pat quite yet)
- if you are headed to parks after eating at land of flavours don't bring your mug as u will have to take it to the park (we saw many people carrying them around and apparently u can't get them filled in the parks) so leave them in your room and just ask for a take out cup to use there (yes I know not good for environment)
- always factor in a possible 20 minute wait time for a bus (and if it is less be pleasantly surprised!!!!)
- don't forget to bring your towels down to the pool
-learn to use fast pass
- don't feel u need to maximize your dining plan it will make u crazy - I felt bad not going to get drinks at night but we were wiped. Maybe we used our 3 mugs 10 times collectively!
- if u can bring your own pump handsoap to use instead of the bars
- bring some clothesline to help keep curtains closed (and they are also great to keep blankets covering the stroller from falling off!!!)
- take a picture of your room before your luggage gets there!
- if you cAll for luggage porter and they are even 5 min late call them (I patiently waited for them until 740 - scheduled to come for 730- and by then they didn't end up coming until 750 (ended up being rushed at chef mickeys due to that lost 20 min)

Ok ask me anything and I will do my best to reply. Can also pm me!!!

I would definitely go back
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2603
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

Question...why were you rushed at chef mickey's? Was it because of the closing time?

I've seen other people talk about being rushed at their meals and I'm wondering why. Do you only have a certain amount of time at the table bc of the character schedule?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #2604
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themcive4 View Post
Thanks!
Yes, there is a luggage check right outside the lobby at the Disney's Magical Express bus stop (not the theme park bus stop).
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #2605
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your help!
We stayed at the Little Mermaid rooms in September and we were able to have connecting rooms. Our rooms were a King sized bed connected to a room with two doubles. I am not sure if there are rooms that connect with two doubles in each room.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #2606
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning

We stayed at the Little Mermaid rooms in September and we were able to have connecting rooms. Our rooms were a King sized bed connected to a room with two doubles. I am not sure if there are rooms that connect with two doubles in each room.
I'm in a double bed room with a door to another double bed room (the folks next door leave their curtains open, I wasn't being nosy), so there's at least one set of them.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #2607
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast
Question...why were you rushed at chef mickey's? Was it because of the closing time?

I've seen other people talk about being rushed at their meals and I'm wondering why. Do you only have a certain amount of time at the table bc of the character schedule?
Hey
We were rushed at chef mickeys because the luggage service ended up coming 20 minutes late - had they not we would have had 20 more minutes to spend at cm
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #2608
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post

My family and I did Chef Mickeys and Donald Duck Safari breakfast. I felt more pushed or rushed by the waitress at Chef Mickeys. I got a banana on the way out.LOL! Just was a more relaxed feeling at Donald Ducks Safari , even with the kids up dancing later. LOL! Seemed like they allowed us more time to eat. I don't want to discourage you though because we did enjoy it and it wasn't so bad that I would not do it again. Next time it may be the other way around! LOL!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #2609
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
Hi all

Well we are just back from aoa fn - travelled with myself, DH, dd 8 months and dd almost 5 - unfortunately only there for 4 full days so not much time at the resort as we are first timers for Disney
I feel like I have so much to say - the suites were way more spacious than I expected. And DH said the theming was not as bad as he thought it would be in the rooms. we stayed in crush building (#5) fourth floor wih view of yhe pool at it was great. We never had breakfast at land of flavours - did character breakfast 3 mornings and the other 2 ate in the room (oatmeal and cereal)

Some tips I can think of now:
- if eating land of flavours pasta, order this and have the rest of your group only get their food once yours is being made or eveyhing else will be cold (they really try to offer variety but don't have the how to do it efficiently part down pat quite yet)
- if you are headed to parks after eating at land of flavours don't bring your mug as u will have to take it to the park (we saw many people carrying them around and apparently u can't get them filled in the parks) so leave them in your room and just ask for a take out cup to use there (yes I know not good for environment)
- always factor in a possible 20 minute wait time for a bus (and if it is less be pleasantly surprised!!!!)
- don't forget to bring your towels down to the pool
-learn to use fast pass
- don't feel u need to maximize your dining plan it will make u crazy - I felt bad not going to get drinks at night but we were wiped. Maybe we used our 3 mugs 10 times collectively!
- if u can bring your own pump handsoap to use instead of the bars
- bring some clothesline to help keep curtains closed (and they are also great to keep blankets covering the stroller from falling off!!!)
- take a picture of your room before your luggage gets there!
- if you cAll for luggage porter and they are even 5 min late call them (I patiently waited for them until 740 - scheduled to come for 730- and by then they didn't end up coming until 750 (ended up being rushed at chef mickeys due to that lost 20 min)

Ok ask me anything and I will do my best to reply. Can also pm me!!!

I would definitely go back

YAY, we are first timers too!! Arriving on a monday afternoon, leaving early friday morning!!
Staying in a lion king room!!

Very Very excited, been planning for years, finally coming together...we will be there march 4th!!

We have ADRs EVERY DAY!! only one per day though thank goodness...this stresses me out for sure!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #2610
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Ok, a couple of questions here..

We are coming to AOA march 4th-March 8th.

Our flight gets in at 12:40, its a 4 hour flight, my kids are 11 and 5. Do you think we should go to the hotel first to change clothes?? or head straight to the park off the bus? I have us planned for Disney Hollywood studios this day because we are only wanting to do muppets 3d and star tours...we have park hopper.....

NOTE: we HAVE to be in magic kingdom around 8pm because we have ADRs at cinderellas royal table at 9pm....(time difference, it will only feel like 7 to us)

I know this is alot for the first day, but trying to maximize our time, and not do more than 2 differnt places per day.

How long will it take once our plane lands to get to WDW??
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: