Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #706
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post

We're all better!

I think its touristy...but I'm not sure...there wasn't any information about it anywhere.
I'm glad to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
vleeth, you were very close to my part of Ohio. Sorry to hear your family was sick on vacation.

Our son & DIL lived in Lafayette, La for 5 years. I loved that state so much. Those drive thru Daquari places were da bomb!
One of these days we will meet up too!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #707
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Walking back to the ship, still trying to get that perfect coastline shot.

Our beautiful ship, once again.

I did not take this next picture, but one of my fellow passengersí did from my facebook group. (and she said I could use it) I believe it was a bit later in the day. It is such an awesome picture. There is a rainbow and look where the ďPot of GoldĒ is!

As we got closer to the ship I was taking a few artsy shots again.

Well this one isnít artsy.

I played with some focus points here. Look at the bottom of the ship though. Sheís a little rusty. Needs a little bit of paint here and there.

Our room is up there behind that crane.

We headed back to our room then. I got out the telephoto lens and took a few pictures from our balcony.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #708
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We changed our clothes and then headed up to get a bite to eat.
I guess I felt the need to take this elevator picture.

We decided on tacos.

The guy kind of insisted we have fries with it too. Who am I to argue? LOL

Isnt this just so cute?

The tacos were pretty good and filled the void. After all it had been at least 2 hours since we last had eaten!
I took a few pictures while we sat there.

Then I believe we headed back to the room to freshen up.

It was now getting close to time to leave, so the camera was out again. I had wanted to get the horn, but I missed it by just a few seconds with my video.

A little bit of video.

And some more video.

This one was funny as this guy was running down the pier but waving and I waved back. At one time he did a little dance, but my video skills here are pretty bad.

And one last video.

So we had showered and gotten ready for the evening. While getting dressed, Lisa suggested I wear one of her dresses. I swore it wouldnt fit, but she insisted I try it on, and it actually did, so I went with that dress for the night. It was fun wearing something different.
I had planned to go to the show tonight, but it just didnt sound appealing to Lisa, so she was going to stay back and miss it.
The show was John Charles, the guy we had followed on board the day before in Grand Cayman, who was carrying a guitar. It was listed in the Navigator as Featuring the Music and Comedy of John Charles.

I was now ready to head out and decided to use the bathroom before leaving the room. As I walked in, Lisa asked so you are just going to go and watch some guy play a guitar? And I hollered back, well I think he does jokes with his music.

I came out of the bathroom and Lisa had her sweater on and standing there waiting for me, like she planned to go. So I asked if she was now coming and her response was I LOVE Comedians with Guitars! You didnt tell me that part. And then I just burst into laughter. It was the way she said it and it was so random I couldnt stop laughing. Throughout the rest of the trip, we would randomly say it again and just start laughing again.

So we went to see the comedian with the guitar and he was GREAT! He played songs that we knew, he made up songs that he said our crew would sing, and it was just so much fun. We were both so glad to have gone and seen it. So much so, that we vowed to see his adult show the next night.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #709
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, I cannot repeat often enough how much I enjoy all your photos!

I showed them to Tom today and once he realized it was on our list of ports for the summer he got REALLY excited.

Man, the rust on the ship really shocked me. Yip - sea water, but I had not seen that much rust before. Guess I'll stick to the "newer" ships until the classic ones have been in dry dock.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #710
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

" I LOVE Comedians with Guitars! You didnt tell me that part"

At last, the explanation for the title of your thread. Too funny!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #711
Beth D
DIS Veteran

AHa! Mystery title solved!

Like the hair braids, but they don't like me. I got them on our honeymoon in Cancun one of the first days. I have a very sensitive scalp, and the person pulled them super tight! Then, I got sunburned on my scalp in between the rows! I think I had them in maybe 1-2 days before I made DH cut them out - they had used fishing line to make them super tight. NEVER AGAIN!

Like all the pics!

I'm glad Skip's doing better! Happy thoughts for a speedy and painless recovery!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #712
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
We changed our clothes and then headed up to get a bite to eat.
I guess I felt the need to take this elevator picture.

We decided on tacos.

The guy kind of insisted we have fries with it too. Who am I to argue? LOL

Isnt this just so cute?

The tacos were pretty good and filled the void. After all it had been at least 2 hours since we last had eaten!
I took a few pictures while we sat there.

Then I believe we headed back to the room to freshen up.

It was now getting close to time to leave, so the camera was out again. I had wanted to get the horn, but I missed it by just a few seconds with my video.

A little bit of video.

And some more video.

This one was funny as this guy was running down the pier but waving and I waved back. At one time he did a little dance, but my video skills here are pretty bad.

And one last video.

So we had showered and gotten ready for the evening. While getting dressed, Lisa suggested I wear one of her dresses. I swore it wouldnt fit, but she insisted I try it on, and it actually did, so I went with that dress for the night. It was fun wearing something different.
I had planned to go to the show tonight, but it just didnt sound appealing to Lisa, so she was going to stay back and miss it.
The show was John Charles, the guy we had followed on board the day before in Grand Cayman, who was carrying a guitar. It was listed in the Navigator as Featuring the Music and Comedy of John Charles.

I was now ready to head out and decided to use the bathroom before leaving the room. As I walked in, Lisa asked so you are just going to go and watch some guy play a guitar? And I hollered back, well I think he does jokes with his music.

I came out of the bathroom and Lisa had her sweater on and standing there waiting for me, like she planned to go. So I asked if she was now coming and her response was I LOVE Comedians with Guitars! You didnt tell me that part. And then I just burst into laughter. It was the way she said it and it was so random I couldnt stop laughing. Throughout the rest of the trip, we would randomly say it again and just start laughing again.

So we went to see the comedian with the guitar and he was GREAT! He played songs that we knew, he made up songs that he said our crew would sing, and it was just so much fun. We were both so glad to have gone and seen it. So much so, that we vowed to see his adult show the next night.
John was on our June 2nd cruise. He performed a few songs on the first night of our cruise that were absolutely hilarious. The unfortunate thing about that was the night he performed, he was a bit more reserved and we left mildly disappointed. Overall he was our favorite performer for our cruise though.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #713
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, I cannot repeat often enough how much I enjoy all your photos!

I showed them to Tom today and once he realized it was on our list of ports for the summer he got REALLY excited.

Man, the rust on the ship really shocked me. Yip - sea water, but I had not seen that much rust before. Guess I'll stick to the "newer" ships until the classic ones have been in dry dock.
thanks! Yes, there were a few places on the ship that needed some paint, and even though they were constantly redoing some area, others looked neglected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
" I LOVE Comedians with Guitars! You didnt tell me that part"

At last, the explanation for the title of your thread. Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
AHa! Mystery title solved!

Like the hair braids, but they don't like me. I got them on our honeymoon in Cancun one of the first days. I have a very sensitive scalp, and the person pulled them super tight! Then, I got sunburned on my scalp in between the rows! I think I had them in maybe 1-2 days before I made DH cut them out - they had used fishing line to make them super tight. NEVER AGAIN!

Like all the pics!

I'm glad Skip's doing better! Happy thoughts for a speedy and painless recovery!
Oh yes, one time I got the scalp sunburn too. Not fun at all.
He is doing pretty good for being under a week since it's been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad View Post
John was on our June 2nd cruise. He performed a few songs on the first night of our cruise that were absolutely hilarious. The unfortunate thing about that was the night he performed, he was a bit more reserved and we left mildly disappointed. Overall he was our favorite performer for our cruise though.
I will say when we saw him the 2nd time he was still good, but not as great as our first time.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #714
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I am just loving your report as always.

John Charles is great. He used to perform at the Diamond Horseshoe Review in DW. We got to know him pretty well because we saw so many of his shows. He is so talented. I have a couple of pictures of us with him.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #715
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I have never understood why they insist with adding fries to everything at Pluto's Dog House. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to fries and really don't want them, but even when I ask them to leave them off, they still add them. So the solution to this is that I only get something from there when Graham is with me. He usually gets a sandwich or a wrap from Goofy's Galley and then has my fries with it.

I love how the title came about. I have to say I have never really done any of the shows apart from the big production shows, but even then I have never seen Toy Story the Musical on the Wonder. I really make the effort to put this right.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #716
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I am just loving your report as always.

John Charles is great. He used to perform at the Diamond Horseshoe Review in DW. We got to know him pretty well because we saw so many of his shows. He is so talented. I have a couple of pictures of us with him.
He is great. And he did say he's had a very long history with Disney too. He looks like a fun guy. But yet pretty wholesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have never understood why they insist with adding fries to everything at Pluto's Dog House. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to fries and really don't want them, but even when I ask them to leave them off, they still add them. So the solution to this is that I only get something from there when Graham is with me. He usually gets a sandwich or a wrap from Goofy's Galley and then has my fries with it.

I love how the title came about. I have to say I have never really done any of the shows apart from the big production shows, but even then I have never seen Toy Story the Musical on the Wonder. I really make the effort to put this right.

Corinna
I thought it was weird that he insisted fries with a taco. But as long as I have ketchep and mayo to dip them in, I'm all good!
I enjoy going to the shows on the ships. I think I get that from my dad. I am not as bad as he is, but I do like to see them. My Dad can't miss a show if ones being offered. People always think thats weird and so not like him, but he really loves to go to different shows.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #717
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I love random humor, and now that I "get" your TR title, I can see how funny it would have been.
I love having little things turn into on going jokes that can make you laugh anytime it's brought up.

I love seeing these place through you. Kadence likes the shot of Goofy painting the ship.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #718
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I love random humor, and now that I "get" your TR title, I can see how funny it would have been.
I love having little things turn into on going jokes that can make you laugh anytime it's brought up.

I love seeing these place through you. Kadence likes the shot of Goofy painting the ship.
we are such dorks at times. We used to come up with random sayings years ago too and we woul laugh at some of the dumbest stuff.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #719
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After watching the show I think we just kind of walked around a bit before dinner. It was raining out now.

On deck 4, even though its covered, you still got whipped by the rain and wind, so we headed back to the room for a bit.

We had a new friend waiting for us tonight.

Soon it was time to go to dinner, which was in Animators Palette. Tonight we were getting the full show!

The menu.

Bread was served. Garlic and Herb Foccacia Bread.

I tried to take a lot of pictures through the room tonight to document the changes.

Someone took a picture of Lisa and I.

OOOOOHHHHH! A change!

Carolyn and Brook told us they were thinking of doing an excursion the next day in Cozumel. We had originally planned to wing it, but they said they kind of wanted to do something real. I told them I was also kind of thinking about doing one as well. Lisa said she wasnt too sure. We decided that in the morning we would go to the Port Adventures Desk and see what was still available.

Mary grabbed herself a roll and look what she pulled out!

When I made my order this evening, I decided to try some new things. I told Raphael that I would like the Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake. I have heard mixed reviews of this and I just wanted to try it. He immediately said no, &.not good. LOL. I said really? Is it that bad? And he told me he rarely sees anyone like it. Ok then. I had planned on the Wild Mushroom Risotto as my main course, and again he told me no, it wasnt big enough. Ok, strike 2. So he had me order the risotto for my appetizer and something different for my main course.

Soon the appetizers arrived.
Here is my risotto.

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist, Served with Parmigiano-Reggiano.

And he surprised me and also brought out the Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake with Asian barbecue sauce and topped with Micro Greens to sample.

I am going to tell you now, it was pretty good. It actually reminded me of a cheese ball and would be really good to eat on crackers. Raphael was surprised. I told him that I certainly couldnt eat the whole thing, but a little amount was good. They really should serve a side of crackers with this. If I ever get it again, I will ask for crackers.

Lisa and I both had the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with bacon bits and chives, I believe.

And I believe Lisa had Confetti Tomato Salad With Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Olive Oil, Jerez Vinegar, and Herb Dressing.

We enjoyed our appetizers.

I continued to take pictures around the room as color changed.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #720
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dinner soon arrived.

Brook and Carolyn were going for the Gusto tonight. I believe they order 4 meals between the 2 of them so they could sample several things. Here is what they got.

Ready to CHOW!!!!

I ordered the Lemon-Thyme Marinated Chicken Breast On top of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, and Grain Mustard Jus.

Again this was very good. I think I had this on the Dream in 2011 as well.
I dont have a picture of Lisas plate. She most likely got the same as I, or the Salmon, as that was one of her favorite things this cruise. She kept saying she should order something different, but I said get what you like and be happy!

More pictures of the changing room

A couple of videos too.

After we stuffed ourselves silly, the dessert menu came out and we made our selections.

And soon that arrived at our table.

I believe I got 2 tonight and I cant remember for sure, but I think I got the Buckled Warm Apple Crumble with ice-cream.

And Animator's Sweet Temptations , A Trio of Strawberry Sable, Cranberry and Orange Cheesecake, and Double-Fudge Chocolate Cake.

I am sure Lisa got the sweet temptations too as she got this almost every night.

If I remember right, we liked parts of it, but it seems like one thing wasnt a hit, but I cant remember which one.

And again, I took more pictures of the room changing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: