Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

By not having a Savannah view (we had pool view) it forced us to check out the public viewing areas on all savannahs which was great! I'm afraid if we had a savannah view we would have been less inclined to check out the other savannahs.

AKL is beautiful, and I'm sure you'll have a great stay whatever room you might have.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Super happy i have a pool view room booked nxt month. Our first deluxe stay
This resort looks amazing. I would much rather be closer to the buses then savannah view.
Are the activities open to all? I havea 13year old who excited to do the cookie decorating.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
Jess6001
Hey there, Mr. Grump Gills. You know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming...

We've stayed at AKL 3 times. Once with Savannah view and twice with standard views. We're not the type to sit and relax on the balcony so when we had a savannah view we spent probably 10-15 minutes a day there checking out the animals. AKL has so many great places to view the animals all around the resorts and that's where we did most of our viewing. Usually we'd be swimming at the pool and take breaks to check out the flamingos and savannah around the pool. That's even better than from your room because they have the guides there who can explain to you what kind of animals you're seeing and tell you more about their homeland (the guides are all from Africa and so it's great to hear about it straight from them!). AKL is my favorite resort on property- I'm not sure if there's any resort like it in the world! (I guess except for staying on the real African Savannah??)

Jess6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
Jess6001
Hey there, Mr. Grump Gills. You know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Super happy i have a pool view room booked nxt month. Our first deluxe stay
This resort looks amazing. I would much rather be closer to the buses then savannah view.
Are the activities open to all? I havea 13year old who excited to do the cookie decorating.
Anyone can do the cookie decorating. We did it (three adults) when we had some extra time we needed to kill.

Jess6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #20
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
YES!!

In fact, I doubt we'd ever pay the extra money for savannah view. We don't spend a ton of time in the room so it was just as easy to walk to a viewing area. There was a huge window with a great view just outside our room when we had pool view! It was still nice to sit on the balcony a bit with the pool view as well. The resort itself is stunning and I really don't think you'll be missing anything
I'd agree with this. We were given a "standard" view and when we got to our room we had a great view of the sunset safari, but overlooking one of the evac corrals. We still saw giraffes every day. There are a few rooms on the way to the bus stop (that last one that has a GIANT wall ) that I wouldn't want, but the resort is gorgeous and worth the money.

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
gypsydoodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: