Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #2506
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

As for why someone in Birmingham UK is running a Port Orleans tribute website.... I've sometimes wonderded that myself!! But no, I don't work for WDW, and basically at heart I'm just a fan of the place who has been visiting the parks since 1989. As the internet developed out of the usenet newsgroups and modem-based bulletin boards, I found myself answering the same sort of questions time and time again in the online forums so I thought I'd set up an online FAQ list, and upload some photos there, so I would be able to just point people to this new website to save a lot of time......

... well that worked out well then didn't it?

Andre
This is great to know Andre... I know you've been here for YEARS answering questions... BUt look at how much you have impacted so many with giving them great info and making their trip planning so much easier! For the millionth time in my life - THANKS!!!

Quote:
oops, sorry, getting a bit computer geeky now - so back to our regularly scheduled discussion on puppies now.

Andre

D~
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #2507
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so I thought I'd set up an online FAQ list, and upload some photos there, so I would be able to just point people to this new website to save a lot of time......

... well that worked out well then didn't it?
Yeah, seems like a great timesaver.

It is an awesome site and I'm glad you decided to save some time.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you make it to POR?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #2508
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post

First, let me say thanks to Venomhatch and to Andre for all the infomation you have provided!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I second this statement!
Your both very welcome we do what we can to make everyones visits that much more magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Does anyone happen to have a picture of a "river view" booking category room in the AB section? Im curious what the view from outside your door would look like? Thanks
I have some pics from our room in building 14 back in 2011. I'll post them as soon as I find them.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #2509
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I just want to clarify something. We are booked at POR for June 6 - 15th. We are a family of 6 with our littlest being 2. We will obviously be in an AB room. We tried to book preferred or a riverside room, but none were available. We did however score a garden view. When the hubby called to have our requests added to our reservation, the Cm said there are garden view rooms in building 14 and 15. I thought these were ONLY preferred rooms meaning unless you booked a preferred room, the chances of being able to stay in those buildings were slim to none. The CM insisted that his puter said that 14 and 15 had garden view rooms, so we put in our request for building 14, 15, and 16. (I am thinking about calling back and having building 17 added just to be safe.) Does building 14 have garden view rooms that aren't preferred? Any chance for me to have my requests honored for building 14 or 15 with just a regular garden view room booked?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #2510
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I just want to clarify something. We are booked at POR for June 6 - 15th. We are a family of 6 with our littlest being 2. We will obviously be in an AB room. We tried to book preferred or a riverside room, but none were available. We did however score a garden view. When the hubby called to have our requests added to our reservation, the Cm said there are garden view rooms in building 14 and 15. I thought these were ONLY preferred rooms meaning unless you booked a preferred room, the chances of being able to stay in those buildings were slim to none. The CM insisted that his puter said that 14 and 15 had garden view rooms, so we put in our request for building 14, 15, and 16. (I am thinking about calling back and having building 17 added just to be safe.) Does building 14 have garden view rooms that aren't preferred? Any chance for me to have my requests honored for building 14 or 15 with just a regular garden view room booked?
Sorry you ran into another ill advised CM. But 14 and 15 are preferred! I would try for building 16 or 17 those are normal AB rooms with Some GV categories in them. 17 is closer to the laundry and quiet pool, where 16 is closer to the main building but not by much. Well 14 and 15 are 100% preferred so it could happen very small chance but it could happen. But it is more likely with no availability you will probably be in 17 if you have that added to your requests.

You could always PM me and I will look into it more for you.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #2511
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I just have a question . My mother will be with me and we will be booking a room at POR, most likely in a standard room. She will be renting a scooter for the week and I just wanted to know which room areas are the best. Is it true that there are no elevators in the AB section and will they automatically put you on the first floor. And will you need to call ahead of time to let them know
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #2512
estk2013
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

This seems to be a common post these days, but I just wanted to say a big "thank you!" to Andre, Venomhatch and everyone on this board. We leave tomorrow and I couldn't have planned this trip without reading and rereading the posts on here.

I never had to ask a question, because someone already had asked or I could find the information on Andre's fabulous site. Plus there were a ton of questions I never would have thought to ask!

So, thank you again to everyone who asks and answers questions- hopefully, when we get back, I will be able to add an answer or two as well.
This is our second trip, but our first to POR and I can't wait to be there!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #2513
jacksmommy
Mouseketeer

Currently, we are booked from 4/1-4/5 at POR in a Garden View room. We haven't stayed there before. We want to be close to transportation and the pool. Where would you recommend to ask for location-wise? Also, do you think we should do Riverview instead - it is only 75 more. There is 2 adults (my sister and I) and 3 kids ages 6, 6 and 3. We are only planning for 1 stroller for the 3 year old.

Thanks!

DH Me and DS Jack age 8 and our sweet Disney Souvenir Mary-Kate born 10/27/09

Trips to the World:
1983 offsite - just me
The fam's first trip and my 35th birthday celebration: Feb. 2009 AKL
Mary-Kate's first trip and our return to AKL with the inlaws! September 2010
Traveling with the in-laws again! BLT September 25-October 2, 2011 - our 7th Anniversary and MK's 2nd birthday!
3rd Trip w/In-Laws - SSR Sept. 22-29/2012
POR for Spring Break 4/1-4/5 2013 Sister and Cousins Trip!
SSR Christmas Time Trip 12/1-12/8/2014
40th Birthday & 1st SWW Trip 5/14-5/20/2014
Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #2514
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three cats

Does anyone happen to have a picture of a "river view" booking category room in the AB section? Im curious what the view from outside your door would look like? Thanks

I have some pics from our room in building 14 back in 2011. I'll post them as soon as I find them. [/quote]

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #2515
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

I have some pics from our room in building 14 back in 2011. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android [/quote]

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #2516
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hello!

We have been to POR 3 times & enjoyed each trip. One question to anyone whose been during Thanksgiving week. Has there been a room discount during that week? Thanks!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Doubletree DTD/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #2517
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
This was the view from the room 1443 second floor balcony/walkway.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #2518
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

A few days ago Allearsnet posted new videos of the POR rooms;

Royal Guest Room, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mYDjZ5OUk

regular Mansion room, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM-9aDDvTtc

Alligator Bayou room, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=535E_LWQ4pA

Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #2519
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Just got back yesterday. We stayed at POR in a royal room. Oak Manor garden view. The walk was not bad at all. Much better than I expected. Everything was beautiful and peaceful. Buses were great, we rarely waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. My only complaint would be how slippery that blue strip in between the sleeping area and the bathroom was. We really had to watch the toddler on that one. And bigger towels!

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #2520
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Just got back yesterday. We stayed at POR in a royal room. Oak Manor garden view. The walk was not bad at all. Much better than I expected. Everything was beautiful and peaceful. Buses were great, we rarely waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. My only complaint would be how slippery that blue strip in between the sleeping area and the bathroom was. We really had to watch the toddler on that one. And bigger towels!
That is good to know thanks for posting!!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: