Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 457

Booked!

Thanks to this forum I found a great offer on the Belgium website so have booked two nights for one person at the Sequioa Lodge in September for a relatively reasonable 438 euros, so about £360. The UK site has the same deal for about £500!

I have an AP so will add an extra person to the booking before we go.

Yay!
__________________
HFJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
 
AngelDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 327

So glad to see your thread!

I am planning to book from the Belgian site too but I want to make sure I do it right since my French is limited. Do I leave country as Belgium? Do I have to call my credit card company about the transaction to avoid booking errors being discussed here at the Forum? I booked flight from FlyNiki which is an Austrian based airline before and had no problem with my cc. Should I try without calling my cc company?

I know I have lots of questions but just one more. I would like to purchase full board premium meal plan but online booking only allows me to purchase full board plus meal plan. If I need to call later to add the meal plan, can I call the English centre to do that with my Belgian booking and give them just my reservation number?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice! Have a magical trip!
__________________
from Toronto, Canada




AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 13 km from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDisney View Post
So glad to see your thread!

I am planning to book from the Belgian site too but I want to make sure I do it right since my French is limited. Do I leave country as Belgium? Do I have to call my credit card company about the transaction to avoid booking errors being discussed here at the Forum? I booked flight from FlyNiki which is an Austrian based airline before and had no problem with my cc. Should I try without calling my cc company?

I know I have lots of questions but just one more. I would like to purchase full board premium meal plan but online booking only allows me to purchase full board plus meal plan. If I need to call later to add the meal plan, can I call the English centre to do that with my Belgian booking and give them just my reservation number?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice! Have a magical trip!
You leave your country as Belgium. It's UK cards that often have pbs as the banks are very high on security fraud.

I've never had pbs with my French cards but do everytime with my UK one.

If you have already made a large purchase without it been blocked I'd try it or if you are worried call your cc and let them know - it won't hurt to do so.

Re meal plans I have no idea never having needed one and most people don't bother with them as they save you nothing and are often restrictive
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
 
AngelDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 327

Thanks Carrie-Cat! You are always helpful as usual!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
__________________
from Toronto, Canada




AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 13 km from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDisney View Post
Thanks Carrie-Cat! You are always helpful as usual!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Thank you and a wonderful one to you too
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 457

I called my cc company before I booked online. I don't know if that helped but it all went through fine. Just have google translate open in another window incase anything isn't obvious.

I have to say I also wouldn't recommend the meal plans unless you particularly want to get your meals paid for in advance to help with budgeting. Unless you stick to the restaurants in your chosen category there's no saving to be had plus you're paying for three big meals each day plus lunches. You might not fancy a full buffet or three course meal each day when you get there. Also, I've found the counter service offerings to be pretty generous so you might be happy to share meals or downsize. Next time I go I think I'll be ordering a children's meal for me as they're plenty big enough.

But to answer your actual question, yes you should be able to call Disney and quote your booking reference if you want to add anything on to your holiday.

Good luck with the booking!
__________________
HFJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
 
AngelDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I called my cc company before I booked online. I don't know if that helped but it all went through fine. Just have google translate open in another window incase anything isn't obvious.

I have to say I also wouldn't recommend the meal plans unless you particularly want to get your meals paid for in advance to help with budgeting. Unless you stick to the restaurants in your chosen category there's no saving to be had plus you're paying for three big meals each day plus lunches. You might not fancy a full buffet or three course meal each day when you get there. Also, I've found the counter service offerings to be pretty generous so you might be happy to share meals or downsize. Next time I go I think I'll be ordering a children's meal for me as they're plenty big enough.

But to answer your actual question, yes you should be able to call Disney and quote your booking reference if you want to add anything on to your holiday.

Good luck with the booking!
Thanks HFJohnson for sharing your experience! I think I will book next week and hold the meal plan for now since I need to call Disney for that anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend!! Have fun planning!!!
__________________
from Toronto, Canada




AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.