Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
FlyersStink
Earning My Ears

A Very Important Dining Plan Question (important is relevant)

Hey,

I've done DD enough to know this, but I wanted to double check.

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Ticket Holder
FlyersStink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersStink View Post
Hey,

I've done DD enough to know this, but I wanted to double check.

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!
1. Yes, she will be on the plan.
2. For table service if your card says your have 2 adults and 1 kid, you get 2 adult meals and 1 kids meal. So to go to Cali Grill you would need 4 adult credits available. The kids plan is only like $17 a day so Disney is not going to let you order a $50 meal with a kids credit if that makes sense.

Though with CS credits, it is just in ordering. So if you just order 2 adult meals at a time, you can use the all for adult meals but you could not order 3 adult meals at one time.

Hope that makes sense.
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
FlyersStink
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry....

I realize that I posted this in the wrong form.....

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Ticket Holder
FlyersStink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

The only way adults would be able to use her TS credits is for you to book her as a 10 year old.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersStink
I realize that I posted this in the wrong form.....
No worries, I'll send this right over to the Dining Plan board.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersStink View Post
Hey,
Questions:

Am I making sense?

Thanks!
1) Yes, she would have meal credits.

2) Yes, the CM will see that there are two adults and 1 child on the plan as the meal credits are specified as to whether they are child or adult and how many credits there are. With that said, you cannot save a child's TS credits and use them later on an adult meal. On the dining plan, your daughter would have to order off the child's menu unless, as a pp said, you upgrade her age to 10, which would give her the adult DDP. By doing this, you would pay the adult price for the DDP as well as the adult price for park tickets.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: