Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

DLP in February for chubbs' magical birthday PTR... UPDATED

I am finally getting round to getting organised for our trip to DLP in February. I am soooooo excited and cannot wait to get there. I've never done one of the PTRs before so i'll give it my best shot, so here goes!

The Cast:

- Me: Hannah aka Mummy, 21, disney mad

- Dylan aka Daddy, 20, fairly disney obsessed but often goes along with it just for me :D

- Daryl aka Uncle Daryl, 20, Daddy's identical twin, loves his disney even if he tries to hide it.

- The star of our show: Jacob aka chubbs, 10.5 months but turning 1 while we're in Disney :D, absolutely loves mickey mouse points him out whenever he sees him!
(Not sure how to add pictures at the moment so any help would be great and i'll try to upload some of us all)

The reason:
- The trip is meant to be for little man's 1st birthday but is also part of my 21st birthday present as I may have been ever so slightly desperate to take chubbs.

- At this point I should explain Jacob's nickname, he's had it since he was only few weeks old when he gained weight exceptionally fast. I don't actually think he's fat it's just kind of stuck lol

The details:

14th-18th February, going via direct eurostar from St Pancras. Staying at the Sequoia Lodge but tweedle dum and tweedle dee (they have even dressed as them once) think we're staying at the Santa Fe so will be a little surprise for them when we get there!

So far we have booked character dinner in cafe mickey for 16th which is chubbs' birthday but other than that nothing is sorted!

Will update with more details on what our plans are as we make them!

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

xxx

UPDATES *******************************
- So Character Meal is booked for little man's birthday 1pm on 16th along with a cake
- DP and DP's twin still don't even know about us staying in the SL not the SF so have decided not to tell them until we get to the hotel!
- Train for DP's twin is all booked
- Euros collected
- Jacob's disney clothes are all ready to go!
- Meal plan: we have decided to make our decisions when we get there instead of planning ahead all we know is we'll be having our big meal at lunchtime
- Otherwise it's just the packing to do now!!!! Can't wait :D

xxx

Last edited by jacobsmama; 02-08-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Updated with less than 1 week to go!!!
jacobsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

okay ben trying to upload pictures but i'm clueless can anyone help?! xxx
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I upload photos via photobucket

I want to book my meals too, but our trip is over 60 days away....

April, 2014 SF; March, 2013, SL; Marc, 2012, HNY; March, 2011, HNY
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

thanks for the help i'm hoping i've done this right and that you will be able to see a picture of me and little man just before Christmas!

i can't wait to start getting all our restaurants picked but not sure if i need to book in advance as we are going off season!

xxx
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Isila

I will be booking in advance, because I need to have a plan (I feel way better with it). And last year I didn't make bookings in advance and I couldn't get Parkside dinner the day I wanted as it was fully booked and I love planing, it's part of joy.
As we want to do Sunday brunch at Inventions, I will definitely book, don't want to miss that. also I will be booking plaza gardens, restaurant des stars, agrabah cafe.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

okay so looks like the picture didn't work
so can anyone give me a simple step by step guide as to how i can upload pictures?!

beyond excited in our house as it gets closer and closer! will be phoning this week to sort out a time for our character meal and book a birthday cake for little man!

xxx
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

aw 1st Birthday in Disneyland Paris! Sounds like a magical time will be had by all - can't wait to read your trip report!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

okay i think i know how to add pictures now so here goes (will try not to bore you with pictures but have to admit i do get carried away when Chubbs is in pictures lol):

So this is me and my beautiful boy :
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's daddy:

Uncle Daryl:

And the birthday boy himself :

okay so i'm confident that should work this time so fingers crossed xxx
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

hhhmmm lots of views not many comments sorry guys guessing the PTR isn't turning out so interesting atm... i'll try to make it better from here on in!

So been looking at opening hours and closures and trying to get some sort of plan together for while we're there which has resulted in me having a few more questions so any help would be great!!

a) we've got 4 nights/5 days is it worth going on one of the excursions to Paris?

b) we've booked the half board option so can use our vouchers at lunch or dinner, with a 1yr old do you think we would be better having a big lunch or dinner?

c) i went about 3 years ago and understand the parks are pretty big and can be busy but i'm thinking that middle of feb it might be reasonable to let little man wander round (on baby reins) at points, is this reasonable or will he be stuck in the buggy permanently? - if he's gonna be stuck in the buggy i may need to factor in time out of the park in the middle of the day so Jacob can have a run around *** being in his buggy all day is not going to make him a happy bunny!

xxx
Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #10
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Its normal to have lots of lurkers and only a few comments.

Our chap was the same when he was small. Big round chubby cheeks! Its too cute. Love all your pics.

Our midterm is on your dates so if this is also the case in other countries it may not be quiet in the parks. Look at the websites for school holidays in the useful info sticky. Having the French, UK or Spanish holidays fall when you are there generally mean a busy park.

I would see how you go with the baby reins. The buggy will be so handy but theres loads of benches so you can have a break and let him stretch his legs.

If you have time Id do a day in Paris. We did a river cruise for and it was a lovely way to see the sights on limited time. Theres a couple of threads about day trips and doing your own thing. Im only on my phone now so I'll have a look and send you links when I'm on the laptop.

SL is a fab hotel and the bar is lovely for a couple of nice cocktails of an evening. Plus the rooms are lush.

As regards meals I do just do what you do at home. So if you have your dinner at 6 do the same so that Jacubs routine is the same. Or if your main meal is at lunch time you could then grab EoS for supper.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask away

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

thanks for the reply very helpful!

will probably aim for biggest meal at lunchtime *** that's what the little guy is used to at nursery.

ooo will definitely have a look at an excursion then don't want Daddy and Uncle D to get all disneyed out!

well hopefully he'll be ok to have a bit of a wander then because he doesn't like being told he can't walk around lol

hhhmm will have to factor in that it might be a bit busier than i expected then.

xxx
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
kizzabel

Well definately look at the school hols thread. You'll be able to figure it out better but you can just get FPs for some of the rides if it is busy. Besides its often the thrill rides that get busiest so it wouldnt effect you with Jacob so much.

Oh and youre best to bring Jacobs supplies like nappies, wipes etc as they are quite pricey at DLP. Theres also baby care centres where you can feed / change Jacob. Buggys arent allowed inside but theres chairs and its nice and clean.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

i don't do the big thrill rides anyway so it'll just be daddy and Uncle D stuck in queues!

thanks for the heads up on supplies! i'm right in thinking the only milk readily available if uht?! if that's the case i'll make sure to bring pre-made formula.

i booked through a travel agent will they be able to call the reservations line for me to sort out little man's cake?!

xxx
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
kizzabel

Oh you arent too bad so!

No probs, Im not much use as regards milk as DS was 2 on his 1st trip and was gone off milk a good while in favour of water by then but if you ask on the main board you'll soon be pointed in the right direction.

Is your T.A booking meals for you? If so you could get them to book the cake but if not you could call to City Hall when you get to the main park and book it there.

Also on the day of Jacobs birthday call into City Hall and they will give him a little birthday sticker for his coat. Jemma got one when we visited for her 6th birthday and we found the CMs and characters made a big fuss of her when they noticed it. It was lovely and made her day. He can also have a phone call from the main mouse to wish him a happy birthday, thats also at City Hall.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
Isila

On our last trip I realized bigger lunches work our way better for us.
I also booked with travel agency when traveling for the first time, but had no problems calling DLP restaurant line and booking all our meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: