Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #271
skw444
DIS Veteran

Add us to the list! We'll be there 11/21 - 11/29. Still in the early planning stages so trying to decide between Wilderness Lodge or staying offsite at Bonnet Creek. Any recommendations?

9/07 POFQ w/free Dining
9/08 POFQ w/free Dining
9/11 POFQ w/free Dining
9/13 Windsor Hills
4/14 Bonnet Creek
skw444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #272
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw444 View Post
Add us to the list! We'll be there 11/21 - 11/29. Still in the early planning stages so trying to decide between Wilderness Lodge or staying offsite at Bonnet Creek. Any recommendations?
Welcome!!! I'll add you to the first post.

So....I have news. The place that made me the offer and I couldn't take has called me back. I'm not actually going to work for them for a couple of months, but consult for them. Which is just fine, because I'll do a schedule C for my taxes next year and be able to write off all my miles & tolls. I won't be able to get benefits, but it's still a great opportunity and I get my foot in the door.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #273
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Welcome SKW444!!! and Congrats Figment!!! That is wondeful news. Best of luck with it.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #274
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

count me in for 11/7-11/12 going down for my birthday! not sure where we're staying, and it could change about 50 more times, so i'll just stick with TBD haha
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #275
dreamcatcherkwe
Mouseketeer

We've decided on Nov 4 -8 ! SO excited!
dreamcatcherkwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #276
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
count me in for 11/7-11/12 going down for my birthday! not sure where we're staying, and it could change about 50 more times, so i'll just stick with TBD haha
Welcome! I'll put "TBD" on the list for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcherkwe View Post
We've decided on Nov 4 -8 ! SO excited!
Wonderful!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #277
dreamcatcherkwe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Wonderful!
We're going to stay at the Grand Floridian this time. We've done the Polynesian the last two times. I'm so excited about this trip. My kids will be 3, 6, and 8! Such great ages.
dreamcatcherkwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #278
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc318 View Post
Woohoo! That'll be quite a gotcha day celebration for sure!!! Congrats!!
Thank-You, We'll be getting "I'm Celebrating" buttons for sure and a first visit one for dd#2!

I look forward to sharing all the Disney joy for the next 10 months w/all of you!Christine
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #279
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Congrats Pokanos!!!! That is a wondeful thing to be celebrating fo sure.
Thanks so much!! We'll be getting I'm celebrating buttons for sure along w/a first time visit button for the pipsqueak in the stroller!
Yay for a stroller~we'll have a place for our drinks and bags~nice bonus!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #280
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome, newcomers!!!! The first post is updated and as figmentswife said, our FB group is growing fast as well. So glad the new year is here andit seems that much closer to our trips!!! :
Thanks for transferring me to the official, official Nov 2013 thread! We actually bought plane tickets tonight. I was just playing travel agentlike I do and an incredible round trip fair popped up. $325 per person from Fargo, ND to MCO! All 3 of us(plus baby) for less than 1000, dh said book it! So, our official dates will be 11/05/13~11/13/13.
We're sticking w/a moderate. In Nov '10 we stayed at POFQ(awesome) trip,
In Mar '12 we stayed at POR and were underwhelmed and disappointed. Tempted to just do POFQ again, but the great dig site pool at CSR along w/hammocks and beautiful scenery has caught our attention.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #281
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcherkwe View Post
We're going to stay at the Grand Floridian this time. We've done the Polynesian the last two times. I'm so excited about this trip. My kids will be 3, 6, and 8! Such great ages.
That is a great age! I'm jealous that you stay deluxe. I would love to, but just can't sqeeze it in. Plus, we really do like POR. And on that note.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
Thanks for transferring me to the official, official Nov 2013 thread! We actually bought plane tickets tonight. I was just playing travel agentlike I do and an incredible round trip fair popped up. $325 per person from Fargo, ND to MCO! All 3 of us(plus baby) for less than 1000, dh said book it! So, our official dates will be 11/05/13~11/13/13.
We're sticking w/a moderate. In Nov '10 we stayed at POFQ(awesome) trip,
In Mar '12 we stayed at POR and were underwhelmed and disappointed. Tempted to just do POFQ again, but the great dig site pool at CSR along w/hammocks and beautiful scenery has caught our attention.
You are so very welcome! I'm surprised you didn't like POR. BUT....it is not really "Disney themed". It's more rustic, but I think that's why we like it. I would love to stay at POFQ, but we have a family of five, so that is just not happening.

And well done on the airfare!!! If only. That's why we are taking the AutoTrain this year. Before I popped on here, I took a look at airfare. Airtran and Southwest prices aren't available, but for US Air we'd be looking at over $400 per person...that means $2,000. And I thought I was saving money basedon $1,500 for airfare! LOL

Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #282
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That is a great age! I'm jealous that you stay deluxe. I would love to, but just can't sqeeze it in. Plus, we really do like POR. And on that note.....

You are so very welcome! I'm surprised you didn't like POR. BUT....it is not really "Disney themed". It's more rustic, but I think that's why we like it. I would love to stay at POFQ, but we have a family of five, so that is just not happening.

And well done on the airfare!!! If only. That's why we are taking the AutoTrain this year. Before I popped on here, I took a look at airfare. Airtran and Southwest prices aren't available, but for US Air we'd be looking at over $400 per person...that means $2,000. And I thought I was saving money basedon $1,500 for airfare! LOL
Actually we liked POR grounds and especially their pasta bar!! Dangerous place, lol. YeeHaw Bob was also great. It was the fact that our room wasn't ready at 4:00 pm according to housekeeping. We were at the front desk for about an hour, then when we got to our room, it was the far back of Acadian house, bottom floor w/a staircase for a view. The room was dirty~trash on the floor, old candy/gum in the drawers, someone must have clipped their fingernails as we found those in a pile behind the phone, YUCK! So, we go to call the front desk to complain and our phone doesn't work!...we end up walking all the way back to lobby and in no uncertain terms we say we want a new room! Never Happened~Manager of housekeeping called personally the next morning and said they would do a magical cleaning and apologized. We came back to our room and there were 2 mugs & stuffed animal and the things I specifically mentioned were clean, but nothing sparkled. This was a refurbished room that was only 5-6 months old and it already showed wear because of it not being properly maintained! The first two days were really awful, but we got through it. We have good memories from the trip, though, too so we are excited again!! Going back to using a travel agent and paying for a water view room this time so it better be right!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #283
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw444 View Post
I'd say onsite

Quote:
So....I have news. The place that made me the offer and I couldn't take has called me back. I'm not actually going to work for them for a couple of months, but consult for them. Which is just fine, because I'll do a schedule C for my taxes next year and be able to write off all my miles & tolls. I won't be able to get benefits, but it's still a great opportunity and I get my foot in the door.
Good news!

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #284
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm kicking around specific dates, but was thinking of Nov 27-Dec 4th. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach. I think we'll arive though on Nov 26 and stay offsite for one night. Does anyone know why Disney doesn't have MVMCP during Thanksgiving week?

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #285
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

You can add me to your list. Just started planning my trip nov. 9-16 to celebrate my mothers 70th b-day not sure weather to stay at POFQ or POR. Since my mother needs a scooter, which is the best as far as transportation goes? Hoping for FD since it looks like you might need to be staying at the moderate/deluxe resorts
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: