Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
inelegancex
Mouseketeer

Is it worth paying extra for a Montana Room?

The last time we stayed in Sequoia we were literally at the farthest lodge and it was like a 10 minute walk to our room! My mother has arthritis in her hips so this proved to be especially hard for her.

Is it worth paying the extra money to be in the main building or do you think it would be possible to contact Disney and be asked to be placed as close as possible in one of their lodges? I don't know if this would be a guarantee
inelegancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I've read somewhere you can ask them to place you in a lodge you prefer and it might work. If you'd tell them the reason maybe you'd get a better chance. I'll try this myself when we go in March
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Christieand
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a Montana Room in September and whilst it was worth it for us because we had a brilliant view onto Lake Disney, it was still a fair walk to reception etc so if you did pay the extra it might not be worth it for you. As Isila says, in my opinion it might be best to send an email
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the yellowbrick lodge in may , its the nearest one to the main block. I mentioned dd1 walking issues when booking and ask nicely for the nearest block. They also have us vip breakfast passes (dont know if that was connected or not). Id def mention it. Id safely say we were closer to the main aeres than some montana rooms!. There is a short cut enter the main building by the game arcade room this bringing you in right by the shop and bar and pass those is the stairs/lift to breakfast.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

I would email them with your concerns. Friends of ours went 2 weeks ago and said that one of their party members struggled with walking. They didn't want a disabled room as such but closer to amenities and they got a great room. It doesn't hurt emailing/ringing.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
inelegancex
Mouseketeer

I think we'll definitely ring up and ask! Thank you all for your comments I think maybe we'll pay the extra for a Montana room as well just for something different!
inelegancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inelegancex View Post
The last time we stayed in Sequoia we were literally at the farthest lodge and it was like a 10 minute walk to our room! My mother has arthritis in her hips so this proved to be especially hard for her.

Is it worth paying the extra money to be in the main building or do you think it would be possible to contact Disney and be asked to be placed as close as possible in one of their lodges? I don't know if this would be a guarantee
I just got back from a stay in the Sequoia Lodge. I was in the Yellowstone Lodge, and it was just a minute walk from the bus stop and a couple more to the shop/reception/restaurants. I called beforehand and requested the Yellowstone Lodge and was lucky enough to get it! I was in room 161 which is right by the lift on the second floor. It was quiet too. Definitely recommend it!

Sarah (25) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #8
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by singsweetnightingale

I just got back from a stay in the Sequoia Lodge. I was in the Yellowstone Lodge, and it was just a minute walk from the bus stop and a couple more to the shop/reception/restaurants. I called beforehand and requested the Yellowstone Lodge and was lucky enough to get it! I was in room 161 which is right by the lift on the second floor. It was quiet too. Definitely recommend it!
What number did you call?
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
What number did you call?
I think it was this one! Not 100% though!
Guest Relations & Services

Questions, feedback and complaints, plus special services from the resort.
Guest Relations

All general questions, comments, feedback or complaints. Also use this contact if you're unsure of the correct address for your enquiry, since your message will be forwarded to the correct department.

Tel: +33 (0) 1 60 30 60 30 (French) / +33 (0) 1 60 30 60 53 (English)
Fax: +33 (0) 1 60 30 60 65
Email: dlp.guest.communication@disney.com or dlp.communication.visiteurs@disney.com
Mail:
Disneyland Resort Paris
Communication Visteurs
BP 100
77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4
France

Sarah (25) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: