Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

offsite hotels

which offsite hotel would you recommend? i am thinking of getting ap's for our next trip. i can't seem to catch a good deal with the onsite hotels and after a few years of going i keep seeing the prices rising so thought i would try something different.

also where do you book these hotels

thank you
Sonya

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

I've stayed once at the Bussy St. Georges hotel.
It's about a 5 minute drive to the park.
It was clean, breakfast was normal.

But don't expect too much of everything, it's very simple, but the beds and bathroom was clean, so that was the most important thing.

It's quite a cheap hotel, which is nice obviously.

I always use Booking.com

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

All of the associated hotels are good Sonya, the Explorers has a fantastic pool for kids, the Kyriad doesn't have a pool but has more of a French theme than the other 3, and the Magic Circus and Dream Castle are owned by the same company and are very similar in facilities, furniture, breakfast etc. I've stayed at them all except the Kyriad, and would happily stay at any of them again.

I always look at trivago, expedia, travelrepublic, alpharooms, and ebookers (because they often have good cashback rates) and book with whichever one is coming up cheapest . I budget around £60 per room per night for the offsite hotels for us, for one adult one child. Don't forget that if you plan for a winter trip (ie November onwards) Expedia usually sell the Santa Fe and Cheyenne hotels room only for around £60 per room per night too, so you could stay onsite with your APs.

You can do it a lot cheaper from hotels in val d'europe and bussy st george, but they both involve getting the local train in and out each day. Because there are only 2 of us and no pushchairs etc involved, I've never had any problems with the free shuttle buses the associated hotels use to and from the parks.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

Ok, I got that wrong, I thought with "offsite" it meant "off Disney ground", hehe.

I have stayed at Kyriad twice now.
And both times I was really happy about the rooms.
First time we were with 4 people (a double sized bed & 2 bunk-beds), the second time a 2 single bed room.
I thought the rooms were always big enough, and the bathrooms were clean.
Staying there again in February.
I slept amazingly last time on their bed, hehe.

Breakfast is very simple, it has regular things like croissants / cereal, not much choice for things to put on a sandwich though.
The room itself is nothing special, I found it rather chaotic the times I was there.

The yoghurt, I'd stay away from that one though, a big bowl of yoghurt where everybody gets to scoop out, honestly, the bowl looked gross.

DLRP 15x
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
lyc
Earning My Ears

hi with rising prices i decided to go down ap road. We find travel republic to be the most reasonable and have booked several times with them.I think it depends on the people going we have a 8yr old girl she enjoyed explorus and dream castle but i particularly like the raddisson.The breakfast is less hectic and the rooms are very spacious they have a lovely pool and overall the hotel is slightly calmer than some of the other hotels.The explorus pool has waterslides and they have a soft play area and a takeaway pizza parlour which we found handy.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Dependent on the time of year it's also worth checking Expedia, I have had a SF room for 50 quid a night and could've booked it for March this year for 62.
Otherwise I'm a fan of Travel Republic, have had good deals at Dream Castle and for July this year at the Kyriad.
We've stayed at the Kyriad before, I liked it there and when we moved on to the Cheyenne, I felt like we'd downgraded.
Travel Republic have a special offer at the moment, with just £1 deposit and the balance due 3 weeks before the travel date.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I booked Cheyenne for over night stay for 62 pounds via expedia.co.uk
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

We're staying at Hotel L'Elysee in Val d'Europe. I can't be bothered with hotel shuttles - would prefer to make my own way on the train. I also like the fact that we won't be isolated from non-Disney dining/shopping. The hotel is just across the road from the station and only one stop from Disney. I booked through Expedia for a great price.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

thanks everyone i am so clueless about this so every bit of info helps.

i had been looking about travel republic but then saw some online reviews of people showing up at the hotel and the hotel having no booking for them so that scared me a little bit.

i think i will look around at prices and see what the difference is. we are thinking of going in june as we havent been that time of year yet and it works out that ash has a week off school.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
sky13
Mouseketeer

If you're worried about the hotel losing your booking you could call them up about a week before your stay to confirm the booking.

I tend to use booking.com but have also used Expedia. I like using the "display hotels on a map" option as that gives you a good idea of where the hotels are (e.g. are they near an RER station such as Val d'Europe) and how far away they are from DLP! You could also book directly with the hotels as sometimes this may be cheaper.

Also - have a look at quidco or similar as there are sometimes good cashback offers (I just booked a couple of hotel nights using Expedia via quidco and got 10% cashback).
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #11
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Would you consider self-catering? We've found the Residhome at Val d'Europe good in the past. It is right next to the train station and handy for the restaurants in VdE so you don't have to cook if you don't want to! We usually book through hotels.com
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Hi Sonya,
We stayed at the Dream Castle in October which was €150 for two nights booked through alpharooms.com. The only thing I would say is they do charge for cancellations so maybe you would be better with Expedia or some of the others that don't charge (just incase a better offer came up)

The hotel was lovely. The rooms were great, loads of space, the bathroom was similar to the ones at SL (with fab mini toiletries all by L'Occitane) and it wasn't too bad taking the pink shuttle buses. Definitely no longer then if taking the shuttle to SF although I dont know how easy it would be to walk it. Breakfast was fine, theres hot food (I didnt think this part was great) and the usuals like you would see at the SF.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Sonya I've used Travel Republic for our main holidays and never had a problem, people tend to only report on the bad experiences, if it bothers you then you could ring the hotel a week before on the pretext of requesting a ground floor room, or checking it's a non smoking room or just that you're checking you're booked in.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Try www.booking.com they dont charge you until you check in if your worried about that. Ive also used them for advance purchace rates and never had a problem.
Gealous ye have week of in june our mid-teem is early may
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
Try www.booking.com they dont charge you until you check in if your worried about that. Ive also used them for advance purchace rates and never had a problem.
Gealous ye have week of in june our mid-teem is early may
Not always?

The last times I used it for my hotel in London it went straight off my VISA, same for when I booked Kyriad 2 months ago.

DLRP 15x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: