Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Byob

In an earlier post there is mention that you can bring your own booze on board, and that is true, Disney is the last cruise line to embrace BYO, at least in private spaces. If you bring wine and want to bring the bottle to the dining table there is a huge corking fee on every bottle. Somewhere around $30 to $40, which could get me a six-pack of wine. You can bring a glass of wine anywhere from your room, because the origin of the glassful is unknown. And you can bring beer, but that is also hard to manage unless you bring exactly what they have on the ship, or constrain it to the room too.

Christi told me that on one of her Mom Cruises someone brought a whole cooler full of BYO beer into the sports bar for a game. Disney is not super thrilled about this. My friends who want to have a few over the night have developed a pattern of walking past the room and refilling when necessary.

My favorite way to go is to bring on good Bourbon or Scotch, and keep it in the room. The first night I get a highball or caipirinha (best mixed drink ever) and then keep the glass. Every night I fill my glass to the desired level and then roam freely with it. I just never drink the last ounce until I get back to the room. The waiters see i'm good, and the cleaners don't take a glass with stuff left in it.

The alternative, of course, is to ask you steward for bar-glasses of whatever style - but I prefer the caipirinha method.

Another alternative is to use one of the lidded coffee cups, then you could do a spiked coffee
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: