Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
toodycat
DIS Veteran

So DH and DS have helped me narrow it to a one bedroom at BWV or BLT. Any thoughts on which is better? We usually stay in the MK area and like the idea of being on the monorail and able to walk into MK from BLT. We also like being able to see the fireworks and electric water pageant. On the other hand, BWV sounds like it would be fun because of the available evening entertainment. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before. Is it noisy at BWV? That's a concern for us. DH and DS decided against BCV because SAB doesn't appeal to them because of the sandy bottom. DS wouldn't mind AKV, but since we've stayed AKL twice before, we'd rather try something new. Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

I love the Boardwalk area. We stayed right over the bakery one trip and never had an issue with noise. We loved walking to Epcot and taking the boat to the Studios. However, you certainly can't go wrong at BLT! Looks very magical! You will love the 1 bedroom villa. We stayed in one over Xmas at SSR due to an upgrade from AOA. I'm going to have a hard time going back to "regular" rooms!
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
colfr
Earning My Ears

If it was me, it'd have to be BLT. The location has all the convenience of GF and while it may be a bit modern for some people, it's obviously a lot newer and might be nice to try.

If you got a villa, I would say go for two bedrooms, it'd be nice for you and your husband to have one room and your son to have his own too instead of someone having to sleep on a pull out couch.

It's good that you're thinking about this kind of thing. I was his age on my last trip to WDW and it was the first time I had my own room, too.

colfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colfr
If it was me, it'd have to be BLT. The location has all the convenience of GF and while it may be a bit modern for some people, it's obviously a lot newer and might be nice to try.

If you got a villa, I would say go for two bedrooms, it'd be nice for you and your husband to have one room and your son to have his own too instead of someone having to sleep on a pull out couch.

It's good that you're thinking about this kind of thing. I was his age on my last trip to WDW and it was the first time I had my own room, too.
We did go for BLT ---a one bedroom lake view villa. Price difference was a bit steep for the two bedrooms. Maybe next time...
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: