Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Did you bring infant car seat?

Hi all. We are heading to DW on Feb. 1st with a 5 month old. My question is should I bring my infant car seat to keep her in for meal times and to push her in on the stroller? I didn't want to bring it because it is so big and bulky and bringing it on the buses will be a pain but I don't know what else to do with her when we are eatting. She is not able to sit in a high chair yet and I really didn't want to hold her the whole time I am eatting. What was your experience with an infant, especially at meal times? Any advice wil be greatly appreciated!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
CourtneyL
Mouseketeer

When we took DD around that age we did bring the infant seat. Our stroller didn't recline for a small infant so we had to use the car seat on the stroller. I wore her a bunch for rides and walking around too.
It was nice to have a safe/familiar place for her to sit during meals. We were able to bring the stroller into most restaurants since it wasn't very big.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

For our last two trips (once when my son was just under a year and then just under three), we brought our Graco monstrosity, :D

In my opinion, it was just more comfortable for him to ride around in. Plus, I could lay him down if I needed to. Now, I didn't have the problem of packing it up for buses every night because we rented a minivan.

But you have to do what's comfortable for you.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

We're planning a trip to DLR when my baby is about two months old and we're driving out there. After thousands of miles and nearly 30 hours in the car, I didn't want her to have to be in the carseat while in the stroller, so we got the Britax B-Agile which is safe from birth-55 pounds. I'm hoping it will be a nice change of pace of her - plus I plan on baby-wearing with a Maya Wrap quite a bit.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
HollyP
Mouseketeer

I took my DD when she was 5 months old. I did not take the infant car seat to the park. My stroller fully reclined for when she was sleeping. I used a Maya Wrap or my hubby used a baby bjorn when she was awake.

06/1986- off property
08/1996- Carribean Beach-Honeymoon
09/2000- DixieLandings
09/2002-All Star Music
09/2009- Port Orleans Riverside
09/2013- Port Orleans Riverside
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
bellaally
DIS Veteran

We brought a car seat it was a waste of space and bulky to carry everywhere. Like another poster wrote if he was asleep we just brought the stroller with if not we would take turns holding the baby on our laps it's not that difficult to do. It didn't take away from the enjoyment and we were happy. But I know they sell those chair slings what are more convenient for an infant and it fits a standard size car. A sling would be good if the baby were too small to sit in a lap

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world, infant, meals

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: