Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #586
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Candi is so pretty I bet she would make a wonderful princess - just in case she ever decides she has to be a Disney princess.

That was a cool vantage point to see Jesse and Woody.

I know I am always fighting the urge to dance on the seats on that darn train.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #587
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Love all the princess interaction shots! I agree that some of the older princesses do ]nothing[/I] for me in the movies but are a lot of fun in the parks.

Thanks for the shot of the tepees from Kingdom Keepers! After you mentioned them at the beginning of your TR I picked up the first one from the library. It was a little tough to get into at first, but once the action picked up it was great! I'm about halfway through the third one now.

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #588
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice update! It is funny that Aurora is kind of a late starter. I was so surprised to meet up with her at DL once that I didn't even get into character with her. She was coming across a walkway toward Tomorrowland of all things from her castle - I just stopped and looked, thinking "why is she in Tomorrowland?" She said "Well Hello!" and I just said "Hi" and kept walking. I think she was going on her break and I didn't want to bother her.

I love Noelle's reaction to her -she is really checking her out, then decides she is okay! Parker looks like he still enjoys her company, too!

I haven't heard about the Sorcerer game, except foro lots of adults collecting and trading the cards. I always think we don't have time for those type of things, but I'm trying to learn to slow down. I think the new FP+ system will force us to do that! The parks will have to be more about entertainment than rides, I think.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #589
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
a

didnt know there was another level above that one...are there windows up there too that look at small world?
They look out over Fantasyland! There are VERY few tables up there, and I don't know how it fills up when it's crowded, but we happened upon them on DS's first trip one night for dinner and we were literally the ONLY people up there. It was really quiet and relaxing, and you can look out at the Carousel. If I'm remembering right, if you chose a seat further down you would be able to see the Small World windows as well.

Oops, forgot to comment on the update!

Noelle's expression in those Aurora photos is priceless! First confused, then smiling as she perfects her princess wave, then totally not impressed. That is great though that Parker has had such awesome experiences with her. She has never been one of my favorites either. She was okay when we met her with DS this year, but not as great as the ones it sounds like Parker has been meeting in the past! Our big hit was Rapunzel, so I'm hoping we get a great one again next year.

Love that train ride around the park! And the new FL station is so great. It fits in perfectly with the Storybook Circus area. I hope y'all made it back in time for the parade!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #590
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrelievable View Post
Pretty late to be joining in, but I couldn't help it! Your family is too cute!
no worries you are welcome to join at any time, we still have over a week of the trip left. so plenty of things to comment on and join in. thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Candi is so pretty I bet she would make a wonderful princess - just in case she ever decides she has to be a Disney princess.

That was a cool vantage point to see Jesse and Woody.

I know I am always fighting the urge to dance on the seats on that darn train.
thanks i will tell her, im wondering what princess she could be? hmmmm any ideas. she said she would love to be the fairy godmother when we retire and move down there.

well then good thing that sign is there to keep you from doing just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Love all the princess interaction shots! I agree that some of the older princesses do ]nothing[/I] for me in the movies but are a lot of fun in the parks.

Thanks for the shot of the tepees from Kingdom Keepers! After you mentioned them at the beginning of your TR I picked up the first one from the library. It was a little tough to get into at first, but once the action picked up it was great! I'm about halfway through the third one now.
your welcome...after reading those books it makes for some interesting looking around the parks.

i was the same way they didnt start out to fast or exciting but once you got into them they went really quick.

the 5th book which is the longest, by far, i think almost 500 pages i knocked out in a week. just couldnt put it down...and i wont ruin anything but it left a cliff hanger...so waiting now on the next book in the series but havent heard when it will come out yet.

hope you are enjoying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice update! It is funny that Aurora is kind of a late starter. I was so surprised to meet up with her at DL once that I didn't even get into character with her. She was coming across a walkway toward Tomorrowland of all things from her castle - I just stopped and looked, thinking "why is she in Tomorrowland?" She said "Well Hello!" and I just said "Hi" and kept walking. I think she was going on her break and I didn't want to bother her.

I love Noelle's reaction to her -she is really checking her out, then decides she is okay! Parker looks like he still enjoys her company, too!

I haven't heard about the Sorcerer game, except foro lots of adults collecting and trading the cards. I always think we don't have time for those type of things, but I'm trying to learn to slow down. I think the new FP+ system will force us to do that! The parks will have to be more about entertainment than rides, I think.
that is a funny interaction, i bet she was hoping you would have stopped to talk but just kept going.

the progression of her faces is pretty funny.

the game is cool and i hope they keep it around i can see it being a big hit.

come to think of it im not sure where our cards are, i have to find those...

yep same thing we learned with little kids to learn to slow down and enjoy the other stuff in the park besides the big rides, makes for some great relaxed days..... for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
They look out over Fantasyland! There are VERY few tables up there, and I don't know how it fills up when it's crowded, but we happened upon them on DS's first trip one night for dinner and we were literally the ONLY people up there. It was really quiet and relaxing, and you can look out at the Carousel. If I'm remembering right, if you chose a seat further down you would be able to see the Small World windows as well.
sounds kind of like the seating in the upstairs rooms at the columbia house, they have alot of quite areas up there that are a nice break from the parks, thanks for the tip will have to check those out up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oops, forgot to comment on the update!

Noelle's expression in those Aurora photos is priceless! First confused, then smiling as she perfects her princess wave, then totally not impressed. That is great though that Parker has had such awesome experiences with her. She has never been one of my favorites either. She was okay when we met her with DS this year, but not as great as the ones it sounds like Parker has been meeting in the past! Our big hit was Rapunzel, so I'm hoping we get a great one again next year.

Love that train ride around the park! And the new FL station is so great. It fits in perfectly with the Storybook Circus area. I hope y'all made it back in time for the parade!
those are some great faces that she has for sure...

hope you get a good interaction as well, makes for some awesome memories.

the new train area is really cool, we had the intentions to play in the water area but forgot to bring clothes later in the trip when we wen for it.

parade chapter coming up soon, hopefully today.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #591
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 27. Parade and Carrousel rerun part 1

We landed back on main street usa train station grabbed the stroller and made our way down to get a spot for the parade.

Excuse me what time is the 3:00 parade?

so we walked up main street a little bit, the spots on the left were pretty much full since they were in the shade. the other side was pretty much wide open, but we didnt want full sun.

So i said lets walk back towards the front, and we found a good spot right in front of the fire station on the curb that would be shade in the next few minutes. so we parked it and waited.

As we sat there, i figured this was a good time for a family snack.

I saw the stand for frozen lemonads...the lady asked strawberry or lemonade? i said why decide give me both please.

Our spots were getting a little more crowded but we had frozen delite to keep us company.

Soon enough we fought off the last of the tourists from the south and claimed our spot good and solid for the trumpets we were hearing around the corner.

We loved this spot all the entertainers were fresh at the start had there A game rolling and we were almost in the shade.

Also it seemed most of the people were on our side of the road here so all the characters paid attention to our side, we had some great interaction.

first off we got high fives from jessie and woody.

then mickey and minnie waved our way.

noelle isnt impressed.

best part of the day for parker came next.

the sneaky ol' crook captain hook.

he walked over from the other side of the road, passed every kid before us came right to parker and asked for a high five.

parker was thrilled. until the queen walked up next and tried to say hello he didnt know what to make of her.

when she was gone i asked parker what he thought of that, and i got a huge smile reaction.

there are many moments that make a trip, and this was defiantly one of them.
to know that parker hates all villains but loves captain hook he is pretty close to his favorite character. and that captain hook found parker out of the 20 kids around us and he was the only one that he gave a high five too was awesome for parker and a great moment.

not to leave candi out anastasia came over to offer her hand to her.

it was kind of funny.

we had waves from royalty.

and node from the beast, candis favorite couple.

so noelle how did you like your first MK parade?

yep the look says it all.

once the crowds cleared out we saw that minnie and roy were moved because they were doing meet and greets in the central area where they were previously sitting, so parker wanted his picture with them.

after the parade we made our way back up main street to go on one of the kids favorite rides again.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #592
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 27. Parade and Carrousel rerun part 2

none other than buzz, but this time we used our fast passes from earlier.

check out this doozy of a score.

thats right, awesome score.

its almost like we stopped in the first room to load a handicap vehicle and we really raked up our score.

i kept telling parker while stopped to keep shooting but he takes too long to aim before he shoots hence his steller 700 score.

i mean look at that concentration.

when we got off i was thrilled to tell candi my score, she just looked at me smirked and said i got 750,000
something about that ride is hard to beat her, i mean look at this determination even while holding noelle.

after my utter defeat on buzz, it was time to go to monsters inc.

we had great timing we walked right through the line and ended up in the waiting hallway with the tv monitors.

we saw a bunch of vacant space farther down so we made our way down a little more. as we wait the area around us gets a little tighter and we are told to fill in all available space. candi is holding noelle i am standing next to parker.

okay everyone have a visual of this, us kids, people all around. good okay.

here is the following conversation.

parker "dad"
me "yeah buddy"
parker "can you hold me?"
me "why?"
parker "so i can see"
me "see what?"
parker "just see" ( one of the answers you give when you try and brush something off because it is getting later in the day and even though you are in disney and having fun, you are tired)

i drop down to a knee on his level. it was one of those moments where you wonder (or maybe it is just me) whats wrong with his view? what cant he see that i can see standing a good 3 feet taller than him?

now i am at his level face to face, i look straight, i look left, i look right, behind me, take in all the angles 45 degree, 30 degree, 138 degree and so forth....i came to the conslusion.

what could he see, well he stands and a certain height when you look around all you see, is well, since this is a family site, what we call the rear end view....ahh anyone seen this blue man group version of names for the rear end? if not click here its pretty good, some of the names are great that they come up with. turn your sound up to hear the names they come up with

me " okay buddy ill hold you"

monsters was good, parker thought the jokes were funny, most he didnt get but when everyone else laughed he did as well.

it was now time for a family favorite COP we made our way over and found our seats.

During this scene. (sidenote, i was pretty excited for my low level light no flash pictures here.)

a lady despite the warning that yo uare not to leave the show, just got up walked to the back and left. when it was time to move to the next scene we stayed in the same spot, didnt move. a CM came over the mic and said that we would be staying put one more rotation and then moving on.

so we got to watch it all over again. the kids just looked at us like uhh...what happened. we all enjoyed our little COP rerun.

i enjoyed the last scene as a kid, but i think it is time to update it and add a few new things...they changed a little of the speaking in the last 10 years but need to change some of the scene a little bit.

time for one more run on buzz before dinner, me and my master blaster noelle took to the galaxy to shoot some zurgs.

no room stoppage this time but we still had a decent score.

on the way to dinner we traded a vinylmation.

noelle was fond of this one.

we ended up keeping it and is on our shelf.

we love cosmic rays so that was on the menu for dinner. we even found a good seat down by sonny eclipse

candi had the half chicken dinner, parker had nuggets, no clue what i had as it is out of frame here but im thinking i had nuggets as well....noelle like always had something from everyone this meal. gotta love the warm cheese sauce to dip the fries in.

for desert, parker ate my chocolate cake, or at least the frosting part then gave it back to me and said here dad im done.

this is what i was left with.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 01-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #593
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Looks like you found a good spot! Parker got lots of attention!

I have to say something off topic! Parker's eyes remind me of my Little Guy's. they get me every time!

I haven't posted it yet, but we were stuck in one scene of CoP for 3 times on the honeymoon!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #594
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Love all your updates. Your family is so CUTE and energetic.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #595
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

Too cute! And, yes, Noelle looked like she could care less. Give her a year or two. Then the fun begins!

Nice score on Buzz - shame on you for giving away your secret to a high score (similar thing happened to me last June and I was riding alone - so double high score!)

I love CoP. One of my favorites.

I never thought of watching the parade from the firehouse - but I like that. You got some great shots from that vantage point.

So which Princess for Candi - well I definitely think Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White. But I also think she would make a wonderful Mary Poppins. I love Mary Poppins - she always carries herself so well.

Anyway - right wig and makeup and she could do almost all of them.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #596
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Looks like you had a great view for the parade. Awesome character interaction

I stink at Buzz ride. I know where some of the big points are, but just can't manage to aim right

Cute vinylmation

Love COP. When we were there, one person left, then 2nd person, like almost whole theater. We too had to do a 2nd rotation. I hate when people can't follow simple instructions
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #597
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Wow! Candi got that kind of score while holding Noelle?

I agree with you 100% about the last scene in COP. It's almost laughable now because all of that technology is outdated. Give someone a tablet or something.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #598
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great parade interaction! I love Parker's big smile after the attention from Hook and the Queen!

Good for Candi for her Buzz score! I can't seem to get past 46000 :rotl:

Looks like you are having an awesome day - I think the cupcake frosting is almost a hidden Mickey! Did the band pop up and perform while you were eating?

Thanks for the update.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #599
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Love the updates. Reading the first one I wondered how Aurora looks so nice in the heat wearing that outfit? Must be Disney magic? Noelle's reaction will probably be the same as my son's when we take him for his first birthday. Your family seems to really love that Buzz Lightyear ride I don't get why people can't listen to directions. If COP is that horrible, just take a nap...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: