Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

This can't possibly be right, right?

DH and I are looking at photos of the WL club level lounge, trying to decide whether to stay there, and the photos are horrifying us. Please tell me it's not true that the lounge opens onto the lobby (several stories down), with railings that are even with the tops of the sofas placed next to them? Tell me the perspective is off or something. Please?

Just the thought of this is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Guess we absolutely won't be staying there with a 20 month old!
Anonomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
DH and I are looking at photos of the WL club level lounge, trying to decide whether to stay there, and the photos are horrifying us. Please tell me it's not true that the lounge opens onto the lobby (several stories down), with railings that are even with the tops of the sofas placed next to them? Tell me the perspective is off or something. Please?

Just the thought of this is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Guess we absolutely won't be staying there with a 20 month old!
The WL lounge is up on the 7th floor and does wrap around the lobby. It is absolutely beautiful. We saw plenty of children up there on that floor and personally, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but I always have an eye on my kids.

The sofas were up against the railings but the sofas were pretty low to the ground. Again, I can't imagine a child climbing up and over the railing, it's pretty high, especially for a small child, but again, the child would also have to not have a parents eye on him/her to have the time to try and make a grand escape I would think.

But if the pictures scare you, you probably shouldn't stay there. We absolutely LOVED it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

I'm sure it's a lovely place, didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'm just thinking of my son, who's never met a sofa he didn't try to climb (and though he's short, he can get to a lot of places I wouldn't have thought he could!). I'd have to literally have a hand on him at all times.

(you know, 'cause otherwise I'd plan on letting him loose in the lounge unsupervised. )
Anonomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, the couches and tables/chairs go around the railing of the 7th floor which overlooks the lobby. I, personally, love that set up as that's one of the (many) things I love about CL at the WL, but if that makes you uncomfortable with your little one, it probably would be better to choose a different CL. With that said, WL CL is amazing and ranks right at the top with GF RPC for me. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer

I totally understand why that makes you nervous - it would make me really nervous too! I have read several other reviews where people got there not expecting that and then couldn't bring their active kids to the lobby. Even if you are keeping the best eye on them, just turning around for a second can make a difference! I would be reluctant too...
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

Gosh, now I am starting to worry too! We are staying CL this December with our 14 month old. I have no idea if he will be climbing by then or not - I am guessing we will just have to keep a close eye and/or hand on him at all times!

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: