Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1591
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,386

Happy Friday RCers! Hubster flies home today, yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When are they not having computer problems.

Now that Disney owns Star Wars they should think about replacing Animal (from Muppets) and Stitch as co-heads of IT and replace them with Darth Vader. I bet he could get their IT department in shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I would. Maybe instead of "computer problems" it was the CM's give a darn that was broken.
Wookie, You crack me up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Or....you could pack some simple breakfast foods to have in the room...that's what we plan to do for YC. I can't believe I just made a reasonable suggestion...
MM, You're making waaayyy too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Done!!
And.....DONE!!! Our first ever CL stay!!

I think this will make our short stay more convenient and time saving for sure!!
Jenny, Hurray!! You guys will love it. Cookie room treats for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
thank you for the warm AND I MEAN WARM welcome...I truly appreciate it..
NOW ..
All Star Movies has a pretty good food court...and we are bringing our granddaughter and her fiance....so with TIW card ..they can do whatever they want at the resort and also in our sit down places and if we want to munch at the hotel too...
SOOOOOO if we go to Riverside...TIW is useless but they do have a great food court...
We stayed at Pop and didnt like that one at all...

We did put in for preferred rooms at Movies ...so maybe we should just stick with that..
BUT if AP rates do better on French Quarter ...we may change and do that one...

DO you catch my drift...

again thanks for the welcome
Pumba, POR and POFQ both have yummy food courts, and they are close enough that you guys could use them both if you want. Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
When we did CL this past T'giving, I dropped the dining plan. The adrs we had were all lunch, except one. It did work for us ( boys 19 and 15)
DetTigGal, We do something similar. I think CL is a real time saver, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh no! I screwed up big time. I totally forgot that the BB isn't valid for summer dates until 8/4 and I booked our flights way too early....

I guess I'm in the land of hoping for an AP or GP discount that covers my dates.

I heart,
Yikes, fingers crossed it all works out.

Missout-We haven't tried Yak and Yeti yet either. Gotta do that!

Kook-Thanks for the great photos! It's such fun to see what our buddies are doing each day.

Pas-So nice they are texting, hope they have a great vacation!

Melissa-Hope your son feels a bit better each day.

Padawans
-6 weeks of vacation? Yay!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
__________________

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1592
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Happy Friday RCers! Hubster flies home today, yay!

Melissa-Hope your son feels a bit better each day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thank you Ginny!! YAY on hubby flying home today! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with him!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1593
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
When I talk to her latter I will ask her for sure!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
What do the boys think of the GF? My kiddos have no interest in it and both DH and DS could not stand the smell of the lobby...something to think about with JM if he has any sensory issues with smell. I think that is why they like CR so much, the muted tones, and clean lines, the GF is just so busy with floral prints and smells.


Hope everyone is having a good day

Melissa
The DSs think it's "too girly". The DH would love to stay there, and so would I. JM doesn't have an issue with smells. His main sensory issues are with sound, and loud or annoying noises. The DH has told me this trip is all about me and what I want. That's the problem though, I don't know what I want. Actually I just want it all. A week at the CR /w TPV and a week at the GF /w TPV. I think I'll just stick with the CR and plan on doing GF /w TPV & CL when it is just the DH and I. Then again I do love the WL. Ugghhh, too many choices for my fried brain!! Between picking a resort, picking a camera, and taking this legal & ethical issues class my brain is goo.

Last night, the DH even was willing to look at Google map and talk about the route there. The plan as it stands....
Friday, September 6 - Have the car totally packed. Except for the ice chest and any last minute toiletries. That we will pack put into the car when we leave Saturday morning

Saturday, September 7 - Get up early (like no later than 8 AM), pack last minuted things, drive to the Gulf Port/ Biloxi area and get a hotel for the night.

Sunday, September 8 - Get up early (like no later than 8 AM), take the tour at the Jefferson Davis house, then drive to at least Gainseville, FL . Get to bed early

Monday, September 9 - Sleep late and get up early enough to be able to get dressed, and stuff loaded in the MV for check out time. Drive the rest of the way to Orlando and check into a hotel for the night. Maybe get some pool time and go to bed early.

Tuesday, September 10 - Get up early (like no later than 8 AM), check out and check into the CR. Eat at the CR QS, then spend the afternoon at AK. Have a late dinner at 'Ohana, so we'll hopefully be seated for the fireworks.

Wednesday, September 11 - Get up between 9 - 10 AM & spend the day at MK with a late lunch at Tony's Town Square and a late dinner at Be Our Guest.

Thursday, September 12 - Get up between 9 - 10 AM, & spend the day at Epcot with a late lunch at Le Cellier and a late dinner at Teppan Edo

Friday, September 13 - Sleep late with In-Room Dining breakfast between 10 - 11 AM. Then hang out at the resort and have some pool time. Get everything packed, that we won't need for the last night/morning there and try and get some things packed into the MV. Have an early dinner 4 - 6 PM at CRT before enjoying MNSSHP.

Saturday, September 14 - Get up between 8 - 9 AM, finish getting the MV packed, have a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's, get as close to home as we can

Sunday, September 15 - Get up between 9 - 10 AM, finish the drive home and get ready for school/ work the next day.

__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #1594
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy Friday RCers! Hubster flies home today, yay!


Kook-Thanks for the great photos! It's such fun to see what our buddies are doing each day.



Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I was remiss in not acknowledging that you had already posted your thanks for the photos on Day One - sorry. Isn't it fun to share in the fun? It makes you feel like you're right there with them. It makes me excited and so happy for them.

How long was DH gone? Are you making something special for dinner? Enjoy having him back home





I like your itinerary, wookie, but it did make me feel like I might need a nap at some point!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #1595
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I like your itinerary, wookie, but it did make me feel like I might need a nap at some point!
I already plan on packing some Monster energy drinks in the ice chest. I'll get some Ubermonsters (not too many since they are $5 a bottle and require a bottle opener) for the DH and I, Monster Zero Ultra for me (since they are the only ones other than the Uber I can tolerate), and the green label Monsters for the DH. On the drive down and back, I have the Road Ninja app so we can hit Starbucks along the highway.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1596
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Just stopping in for a quick hello and a hug for all of you. Yay for your hubs coming home, Ginny!
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #1597
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yay!
Thanks Erica!! We are excited...DH is too!! Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
thank you for the warm AND I MEAN WARM welcome...I truly appreciate it..


Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sounds about right to me!

Jenny - Congrats on CL!
Thanks for being excited for us!! It means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh no! I screwed up big time. I totally forgot that the BB isn't valid for summer dates until 8/4 and I booked our flights way too early....
Oh I hope you get this sorted out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen – I am glad DH’s family was civil last night and will continue to be throughout this sad time Congrats on the CL upgrade We loved having CL for breakfast on our last trip. We would actually go grab something in our jammies and bring it back and eat while we were getting ready, huge time saver! Now sadly CL will no longer work for me with the whole gluten free issue
CL does sound just right for us, and huge time saver. I emailed the IPO and they got back to us already...DH was very impressed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Yeah!! You will love it. Honestly I would be booking CL again, but my dh has 6 weeks vacation in 2014, and I have this little voice in my head telling me to save money to buy AP's again. I have even thought about switching from WL to CSR. It's so unlike me to plan ahead.
Thanks for your opinion on CL....it gave me the little push I needed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Any Nana update? My vote is drop the DDP and add CL or wait for a discount and book at VWL
I think I was reading your mind!!
On a serious note though...Nana is still hanging on, they had a priest come in and bless her (last rites?), and she has had MIL as a visitor finally. She is such a strong lady though, and I won't be surprised if she keeps fighting for a while. We are trying to decide to go down on the weekend and bring the girls to say goodbye. They have been asking to see her, they know she is sick but not that she is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne;4715708[B
Jenny,[/B] Hurray!! You guys will love it. Cookie room treats for all!
You know I have been hearing much about those CL cookies!! Somehow I foresee they will be a huge hit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Just stopping in for a quick hello and a hug for all of you. Yay for your hubs coming home, Ginny!
Right back at ya! and to everyone else too!


Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #1598
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Sooooooo is this board for people who cant make up their mind with which resort to stay at??? If sooooo ..... I belong here. I have already booked 8 ADRs for a 9 day trip in June:

Yak and Yeti
Mama Melroses
Be Our Guest
Rose And Crown
Tusker House
50s Prime Time
Crystal Palace
Askershus

Sounds great right????

Problem is.... I can't decide which resort to stay in!!!!!!!! We have no room yet because I keep switching in my head. My husband doesnt care because he figures whatever I pick will be fine lol

Originally I thought CSR because of the pool .... Then POFQ because of the boat to DD...then CSR because of the theming.... Then POFQ because of the theming. I cannot decide and every day I go back and forth in my head and log online every day to price and look at photos.... Just cant choose!!!!!!

Ive stayed at POFQ POR CBR and POP previously and had no problem choosing. This time my brain is driving me nutso!
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #1599
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Sooooooo is this board for people who cant make up their mind with which resort to stay at??? If sooooo ..... I belong here. I have already booked 8 ADRs for a 9 day trip in June:

Yak and Yeti
Mama Melroses
Be Our Guest
Rose And Crown
Tusker House
50s Prime Time
Crystal Palace
Askershus

Sounds great right????

Problem is.... I can't decide which resort to stay in!!!!!!!! We have no room yet because I keep switching in my head. My husband doesnt care because he figures whatever I pick will be fine lol

Originally I thought CSR because of the pool .... Then POFQ because of the boat to DD...then CSR because of the theming.... Then POFQ because of the theming. I cannot decide and every day I go back and forth in my head and log online every day to price and look at photos.... Just cant choose!!!!!!

Ive stayed at POFQ POR CBR and POP previously and had no problem choosing. This time my brain is driving me nutso!


You've stayed at the POFQ before, so what did you think about it? Were you totally or was it just "eh, ok?" If you loved it, are you looking to stay some where you know you love, or do you want to try something new? If you didn't love the POFQ, I would try CSR, because you might fall in love with that.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #1600
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Sooooooo is this board for people who cant make up their mind with which resort to stay at??? If sooooo ..... I belong here. I have already booked 8 ADRs for a 9 day trip in June:

Yak and Yeti
Mama Melroses
Be Our Guest
Rose And Crown
Tusker House
50s Prime Time
Crystal Palace
Askershus

Sounds great right????

Problem is.... I can't decide which resort to stay in!!!!!!!! We have no room yet because I keep switching in my head. My husband doesnt care because he figures whatever I pick will be fine lol

Originally I thought CSR because of the pool .... Then POFQ because of the boat to DD...then CSR because of the theming.... Then POFQ because of the theming. I cannot decide and every day I go back and forth in my head and log online every day to price and look at photos.... Just cant choose!!!!!!

Ive stayed at POFQ POR CBR and POP previously and had no problem choosing. This time my brain is driving me nutso!
Welcome to our happy home!. We have only experienced the Polynesian, but have friends who stayed at CSR last year and loved it!

My DH is the same way, they trust our Disney instinct! I am sure the ladies here will chime in with some great opinions for you!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #1601
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin



You've stayed at the POFQ before, so what did you think about it? Were you totally or was it just "eh, ok?" If you loved it, are you looking to stay some where you know you love, or do you want to try something new? If you didn't love the POFQ, I would try CSR, because you might fall in love with that.
I wasnt IN LOVE with POFQ ... But I liked it. I did LOVE the boat to DD for sure. I kinda want to try somewhere new... But cant afford a deluxe (boooo)... And the CSR looks super nice but worried about all the the walking after a long park day because its so big.. But my kids saw the pool and loved the pics... So Im very confused.

So I need to book this weekend... And then rebook... And rebook... Which is why I thought I belonged here lol.... I need an intervention.
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #1602
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Welcome to our happy home!. We have only experienced the Polynesian, but have friends who stayed at CSR last year and loved it!

My DH is the same way, they trust our Disney instinct! I am sure the ladies here will chime in with some great opinions for you!
The Polynesian.... Dream of mine. Thank you for the welcome!!
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #1603
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
I wasnt IN LOVE with POFQ ... But I liked it. I did LOVE the boat to DD for sure. I kinda want to try somewhere new... But cant afford a deluxe (boooo)... And the CSR looks super nice but worried about all the the walking after a long park day because its so big.. But my kids saw the pool and loved the pics... So Im very confused.

So I need to book this weekend... And then rebook... And rebook... Which is why I thought I belonged here lol.... I need an intervention.
Have you priced the WL or AKL? If you booked CSR maybe you can book a preferred room? On our last trip, we stayed at the Pop Century. I was worried about a long walk to the room at the end of a long day walking in the park. We got a preferred room and it wasn't bad at all.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #1604
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Have you priced the WL or AKL? If you booked CSR maybe you can book a preferred room? On our last trip, we stayed at the Pop Century. I was worried about a long walk to the room at the end of a long day walking in the park. We got a preferred room and it wasn't bad at all.
Last August we stayed at Pop but we didn't like it too much unfortunately. I haven't priced any deluxe's in a long time but last summer I did and they were way put of our price range.
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #1605
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Last August we stayed at Pop but we didn't like it too much unfortunately. I haven't priced any deluxe's in a long time but last summer I did and they were way put of our price range.
Oh, I just gave that as an example on how much of a difference getting the preferred room can give in a big resort. We didn't care much for the Pop either. Bathrooms WAY too tiny, beds too uncomfortable.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.