Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Boardwalk villas $291/night good deal?

I'm trying to decide between bwv studio or bonnet creek 1 bedroom for april 14-20th (6 nights). Bwv is 291/night + tax. Bonnet Creek is $85.50 a night no tax.

Been to bonnet the past 3 years, would like to try something new but I'm not sure if it is worth all that money.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
I'm trying to decide between bwv studio or bonnet creek 1 bedroom for april 14-20th (6 nights). Bwv is 291/night + tax. Bonnet Creek is $85.50 a night no tax.

Been to bonnet the past 3 years, would like to try something new but I'm not sure if it is worth all that money.
That's alot of cash no doubt. Have you checked Ebay? You might also check here on the board on the DVC forum where you can buy points from folks who can't use them. You'll save alot of money and help out someone who needs to unload some points.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately every dvc resort is booked up except SSR and OKW and I like the boardwalk way more than those resorts!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What about BW inn. I think that might be a tiny bit cheaper(not much though). For me, $300 a night to stay in the EPCOT resort area is reasonable.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 01-10-2013 at 08:08 PM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

I would never pay nearly $300 per night to stay in a DVC studio. One bedroom yes, studio no.

If you like the Boardwalk, consider a room on the Boardwalk Inn side. Much nicer, more deluxe appointments, better beds, etc.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

The Villa is cheaper than the standard Boardwalk inn room because there is no rate increase for weekends. We would certainly use the microwave, fridge, and sink in the villa- are those are the inn as well? With tax it's more like $320 for boardwalk per night. Unfortunately there's no really a cheaper option, even renting points is expensive (when they are available)
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
The Villa is cheaper than the standard Boardwalk inn room because there is no rate increase for weekends. We would certainly use the microwave, fridge, and sink in the villa- are those are the inn as well? With tax it's more like $320 for boardwalk per night. Unfortunately there's no really a cheaper option, even renting points is expensive (when they are available)
The Inn would have a small fridge but no microwave, toaster or separate sink. Bedding is also different, the villa studio has a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa, where the Inn would have 2 queens and some have a daybed also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: