Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #2191
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

were they full rehabs or just the soft rehabs?

TIA
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #2192
monami7
DIS Veteran

4 more days. I cannot wait. I am half packed!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #2193
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123poodle View Post
Hello,
We are travelling from England and I have booked the WL we will be arriving for 2 weeks from 29th April 2013. We have been to WDW 7 times the last visit was 5 years ago. We have stayed on site 5 times at the Music Resort, Movies, PO and CB. This is our 1st visit without our children who have now grown up and have a very young family so hopefully in the future we will have some more great family Disney holidays to look forward to.

We are hoping we will enjoy and have as much fun as we did as a family and I booked the WL for the location and the reviews it also looks amazing. Any advice from fellow empty nesters would be appreciated.

So glad I found this forum.

Thanks
Karen
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! I think your empty nest visit will be very special for you - new memories, new experiences... I would think you could also have more leisure/down time.

Have fun planning your adults-only trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Hi GC.

My grandson, age 5, has packed his green bathing suit because it looks best with his green crocs. Kids are cute. Their mom made them a count down chain, which really helps them understand the time frame. I think I'm the most excited of the adults. I can't wait to stay at the WL. I know it will be wonderful.
Now that is cute! Everyone sounds ready to get to the Lodge. Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
I know that POR went through some rehabs last year, when is the next scheduled one for WL if anyone knows?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
WL room rehabs just finished in September 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
were they full rehabs or just the soft rehabs?

TIA
Rehab information and photos are on the first page HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
4 more days. I cannot wait. I am half packed!
Great job!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2194
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Folks, the OP is going ever so slightly here - although it still has Wilderness in its name

I am all booked for our first stay in a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. We love going over to FW, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on staying with Musket Mickey before. But, I got brave and did it yesterday. It's pretty much the last resort on my WDW resort bucket list. I know I'll miss the Lodge (and Sturdy Branches), but it's fun to try something new right next door

I'd love to hear from anyone who's stayed in a FWC. I requested loop 2100 which is the first loop nearest the marina. I'm not sure yet whether we really need a golf cart. I think it would be lots of fun and DD would love it, but I guess it depends on what cabin we get. But, by the time we check-in, it might be hard to get one onsite seeing that we'll be there during busy spring break

Can I put myself in the Lodgers' Log?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #2195
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Folks, the OP is going ever so slightly here - although it still has Wilderness in its name

I am all booked for our first stay in a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. We love going over to FW, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on staying with Musket Mickey before. But, I got brave and did it yesterday. It's pretty much the last resort on my WDW resort bucket list. I know I'll miss the Lodge (and Sturdy Branches), but it's fun to try something new right next door

I'd love to hear from anyone who's stayed in a FWC. I requested loop 2100 which is the first loop nearest the marina. I'm not sure yet whether we really need a golf cart. I think it would be lots of fun and DD would love it, but I guess it depends on what cabin we get. But, by the time we check-in, it might be hard to get one onsite seeing that we'll be there during busy spring break

Can I put myself in the Lodgers' Log?
We did the same thing. Staying in May for my sons bday. Very nervous and excited at the same time! I'm trying to try different resorts as long as I know I have on stay booked at WL :D
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #2196
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123poodle View Post
Hello,
We are travelling from England and I have booked the WL we will be arriving for 2 weeks from 29th April 2013. We have been to WDW 7 times the last visit was 5 years ago. We have stayed on site 5 times at the Music Resort, Movies, PO and CB. This is our 1st visit without our children who have now grown up and have a very young family so hopefully in the future we will have some more great family Disney holidays to look forward to.

We are hoping we will enjoy and have as much fun as we did as a family and I booked the WL for the location and the reviews it also looks amazing. Any advice from fellow empty nesters would be appreciated.

So glad I found this forum.

Thanks
Karen
While we are not empty nesters we do travel often without our children 23 & 17. Our typical day starts with my husband checking out the flora and fauna all around the lodge while I sit by the Hidden Springs pool. It very relaxing and not the chaos of the big pool. You are there for a long time so don't go commando, you will get everything done..... and then some.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #2197
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Wow, very cool. If it's on Bay Lake, it's gotta be good, right? I'm sure you'll make the quick trip over to WL more than once. I was actually surprised it wasn't part of a WL split stay, when you could switch resorts via jogging path (or you could go with the transfer via Sea Raycer option you had last trip...) Enjoy, we look forward to hearing about it.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #2198
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
We did the same thing. Staying in May for my sons bday. Very nervous and excited at the same time! I'm trying to try different resorts as long as I know I have on stay booked at WL :D
We'll be there before you so I'll let you know all about. BTW, there aren't any cabins on club level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Wow, very cool. If it's on Bay Lake, it's gotta be good, right? I'm sure you'll make the quick trip over to WL more than once. I was actually surprised it wasn't part of a WL split stay, when you could switch resorts via jogging path (or you could go with the transfer via Sea Raycer option you had last trip...) Enjoy, we look forward to hearing about it.
Thanks for a great chuckle. DH will get a kick out of that.

With just a week at WDW, the split is out. I will file a TR in April and probably post updates here frequently during our stay. I know you love TE, too so you'll appreciate that I plan on dining there at least once for B, L and D
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #2199
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Kook- That's a big step, don't know if I could go to the cabins...I'm sure you will have a wonderful time Good Luck
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #2200
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Kook- That's a big step, don't know if I could go to the cabins...I'm sure you will have a wonderful time Good Luck
Big step? Good luck? But I love a Disney resort adventure! It's also as large as a Deluxe room at WL, but with a full kitchen and two TVs, bunks and two doubles (not that we need them). We'll even have our own driveway and picnic table (not that we'll probably need that either). I guess I've always wanted to try it because I love FW and the idea of having a free-standing cabin with no one connected to you is appealing.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #2201
queenmum2
Mouseketeer

Our trip is FIVE days away...

...and I'm just finding this thread. Oh, yes, I've looked at the lovely photos and clicked on links at the front of the post. But I never realized what a goldmind the rest of this thread is.

So - please add us to the Lodgers Log: Me (queenmum2), DH (the king), and our offspring, Tyler (15) and Sarah (12). This'll be our...um...eighth trip? Fourth stay at WL and this time - WHEEEEE - we're staying in a Jr. Suite/Deluxe room. We usually stay standard view, bunk room, but the kids are outgrowing the bunk beds. And being teenager and pre-teen opposite gender siblings, there is NO WAY they're sharing a queen bed. And as each of them is a terrible bed-sharer, there is NO WAY DH and I would want to sleep with them either. Soooo...the Deluxe room seemed like the way to go.

This trip is an early birthday trip for Sarah, who turns 13 in February. I've heard horror stories about President's Day weekend at WDW, so January it is!

It has been a year and a half since we've been in The World...what'd we miss?

October 2003 - Poly
October 2006 - WL
May 2007 - BWI
Dec 2007 - WL
Jun 2009 - Poly
March 2010 - WL (surprise 13th birhday trip for DS)
June 2011 - Yacht Club
January 2013 - WL (surprise 13th birthday trip for DD)

Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #2202
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Talking

Hello!

I have been working my way through this post for months. Really. It's been a tab on my internet browser & everytime I've had a moment, back I would go to get my fix of WL. And finally, I have made it to the end - thankfully before the holiday! I'm definately prepared for my first stay at the WL now. thank you so much WDWKook for such a wonderful resource.

I fell in love with the Lodge on my last trip to the world. We were on a bus to the MK one night from DTD and up we drove, with all the twinkly nights on a steamy Florida evening, it looked fairy land. I'm ecstatic that we will be staying there for 2 weeks in a courtyard room from 21st February. 41 days to go...

I can't wait to see that lobby for the first time
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #2203
jweb20
Earning My Ears

Can you see fireworks from MK at wilderness lodge??

Do they still play the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack in the lodge?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #2204
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb20
Can you see fireworks from MK at wilderness lodge??

Do they still play the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack in the lodge?
Depending on you room yes. We have stayed in the 52/54 range high floors and had a great view
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #2205
Cinbride
Mouseketeer

Heading there the end of the month. Yay! Some questions because I simply didn't take advantage of WL last time.

Do they have the activities/movies posted online somewhere?
Do they have certain nights for campfires at Fort W?
Anyone ever to the buffet breakfast? Do you need ressie for that?
How soon can I send a request? AND What should I request? Staying standard. (and is anyone still getting a little pixie dust when it comes to upgrades?; not counting on it but it would be nice)

Last but does the counter service ever serve waffles? I remember last time it was pretty much the same thing every day. I look at all these other resorts and they have a much better menu???

Thanks!!! (and please excuse all the questions)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: