Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #76
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
Sure I will send you a private message! Who will be traveling in your party and if any kids, what would their ages be?
That would be awesome!! Thank you!

It will be me, my husband, and our two kids....son will be 7 and daughter will be 9 at the time of our trip.

My daughter thinks she is a teenager and says Mickey Mouse is for babies, but it's mostly an act She'd still be super excited about little cutesy things like...towel animals!

I'm going to bed, but will look forward to your message tomorrow!
DisneyATlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #77
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

I looked at some of the employment opportunities at WDW online. For what they are paying housekeepers, they better be able to accept tips! (Yes it can be worse elsewhere, that us not the point. ) I used to work for tips as a carriage driver. No hourly wage, just commission and tips, and if it rained all night and all you got was one short ride with no tip you made five bucks, hardly gas money. I have a customer service job now, and can afford to stay at a value during value season, after working an extra 15 hours a week right through the holidays and on Christmas. I

intend to tip my mousekeepers and budgeted accordingly. If I get a towel animal, great! If the housekeeping team determines from
Our luggage that we are a couple of older adults and wishes to save the time to lavish towel animals on a room with small kids, I would agree! I hope y'all get covered in
Pixie dust! Happy kids make for a fun park.

Katie
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #78
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
I looked at some of the employment opportunities at WDW online. For what they are paying housekeepers, they better be able to accept tips! (Yes it can be worse elsewhere, that us not the point. ) I used to work for tips as a carriage driver. No hourly wage, just commission and tips, and if it rained all night and all you got was one short ride with no tip you made five bucks, hardly gas money. I have a customer service job now, and can afford to stay at a value during value season, after working an extra 15 hours a week right through the holidays and on Christmas. I

intend to tip my mousekeepers and budgeted accordingly. If I get a towel animal, great! If the housekeeping team determines from
Our luggage that we are a couple of older adults and wishes to save the time to lavish towel animals on a room with small kids, I would agree! I hope y'all get covered in
Pixie dust! Happy kids make for a fun park.

Katie
GREAT post Katie! Couldn't have said it better myself! Love this "Happy kids make for a fun park." So so true!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP,
2014-POP,

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #79
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

I would be worried bein a regular customer and only leavin a dollar tip everytime. He has alot of faith that theres not something "extra" in his food lol!!!
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #80
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
I would be worried bein a regular customer and only leavin a dollar tip everytime. He has alot of faith that theres not something "extra" in his food lol!!!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP,
2014-POP,

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #81
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

i am renting points .. i wont get mousekeeping correct? im only there 4 nights in march. so no need to tip and sounds like i will have to pay for xtra towels ..i refuse to do laundry on vacation unless the w/d is in my room..which it wont be in this case.
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #82
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
i am renting points .. i wont get mousekeeping correct? im only there 4 nights in march. so no need to tip and sounds like i will have to pay for xtra towels ..i refuse to do laundry on vacation unless the w/d is in my room..which it wont be in this case.
If you are staying at a DVC resort for four nights on DVC points, you will only get trash and towel service on day four (with day one as check in day). They will replace your towels, take out your trash and replenish your supplies like shampoo. You will get one bottle of shampoo, one conditioner, one shower gel every four days.

If you want extra towels, you will need to purchase a towel pack for $6. Four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and an extra tub mat. On your service day, you will need to purchase another towel pack if you want more.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #83
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

I see this is old, but I will throw my experience in.

I was at POR at the end of Nov. My DD 9 and myself. We leave the room pretty clean and I tip every day. My goal was $5/day, but a couple of times I didn't have $5. The first 3 days, no towel animals ($5 tip each day). The fourth day, I had no appropriate cash and had to leave nothing. That was the first towel animal. The next day I had $3, so I left that and we got a super cute monkey hanging from the light fixture. Next time, I will prepare an envelope full of the right bills, LOL. I felt bad, our mousekeeper was so nice when we ran into her. I did tip extra the last day, both because I had shorted her a couple of times and because the last day is more work.

I tip housekeeping because I really appreciate someone cleaning up after me. I love that the trash disappears and the bed is made without me. I also tip wery well for good service in restaurants because I appreciate it. I am not rich, a single mom on a teachers salary, but I appreciate good service. If you make my DD smile, I start adding dollars in my head, LOL.

I am in a service position in a way, and I worked my way through college in retail. I know how hard it can be to paste a smile on your face and keep on trucking. JMHO, of course.

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
ItsNotMuchofaTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #84
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

I don't see why you wouldn't get mousekeeping whether you're using points or not! I believe it's true, but that's just odd.

Do all the resorts get mousekeeping, or only the moderate or deluxe? I'm thinking of staying in Art of Animation. Do they have mousekeeping?
DisneyATlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #85
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post
I don't see why you wouldn't get mousekeeping whether you're using points or not! I believe it's true, but that's just odd.

Do all the resorts get mousekeeping, or only the moderate or deluxe? I'm thinking of staying in Art of Animation. Do they have mousekeeping?
DVC resorts are timeshares. Members of the timeshare pay for everything. To keep costs down for the members there is no daily housekeeping, only limited services. But if a member (or someone else using points to stay there) wants daily full cleaning, they are welcome to pay the additional cost for that.

Full cleaning for a studio costs $30. A one bedroom costs $45. A two bedroom costs $60.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #86
busymommy2pink
Lost in Neverland

We tip $5-8 as a family of four. I appreciate someone cleaning so I don't have to. We aren't messy by any means. That being said. We got animals frequently at animal kingdom lodge and most recently in may we stayed at beach club and got none. We don't expect them, so it's never a disappointment. Just a bit of magic if they do happen

MEDHDD8DD5

coming soon fam jam part 2 May 2015!!
planning sept 2014 with sister and nephew first time and dd5!! AKL or POR
Beach Club 10 days fam jam/little sis 1st time! August 2013!
Beach Club stay 11 days May 2012! First Family Vacation!!!
AKL 2010 ~~ Girls Only Trip...with my BFF and DD and her BFF
busymommy2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #87
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Just wondering. How common is it to get towel animals? Does it depend on the resort? We have stayed at CBR and POR and didn't get any other than whatever they have set up standard when you arrive in the room the first time. Do they do them much at CSR?

Is it really about as common as a room upgrade or does it happen more often and we just didn't get it?
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #88
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
Just wondering. How common is it to get towel animals? Does it depend on the resort? We have stayed at CBR and POR and didn't get any other than whatever they have set up standard when you arrive in the room the first time. Do they do them much at CSR?

Is it really about as common as a room upgrade or does it happen more often and we just didn't get it?
In my experience, it's not resort specific. It all depends on the individual mousekeeper.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #89
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Our 5 day trip to Ft Wilderness cabins yielded the standard Mickey on the bed when we checked in and a wee little mouse in the bathroom. After that there were no more towel animals, but my kids got a bigger kick out of the displays made with their own stuffed animals (Minnie in control of the TV remote while the animals watched a Disney movie - yes, the TV was on! :-) , and my personal favorite - Perry cooking Doofenshmirtz in a pot on the stove!).
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #90
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The only tipped positions at WDW are food servers, valet parkers and bell services. The rest are paid a wage that does not require tips to bring it up to an approved wage.

The CMs who clean the toilets in the theme parks, who clean up after guests in the theme parks, etc, work as hard, and maybe harder than the housekeeping staff. Do you tip them when you see them?
As a matter of fact I do. Can't speak for others.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: