Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #271
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Halloween has never been one of my fav times of the year but your pics make it awfully tempting!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #272
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Halloween has never been one of my fav times of the year but your pics make it awfully tempting!
Thanks. We had a good time. I hope to add more in the next day or two. Things seem to never settle down here anymore
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #273
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Wow loved loved reading up to this point so far
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #274
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Wow loved loved reading up to this point so far
Thanks. I hope to get another installment up today.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our Magic shots, we continued up to the hub. There we stopped and waited for Carey and her family. I think we sent a few texts back and forth. While we waited, I took a few pictures of the area. Claire jumped in some of them.

Hey! There’s Tomorrowland!

Looking to see if we see Carey.

Nope!

We decided to get in line for a photopass picture here then.

Not long after the picture we got a text from Carey saying she too was near the Partners Statue. Hunh? So are we. So we walked around and kept looking, and there she was in plain view!

It was so nice to meet her. We met on Dis a few years ago and hit it right off. She loves to take pictures, which was one of the first things that drew me towards her. She also has an older daughter that is close in age to my older DD Paige. Then her younger DD, Kadence is about a year older than Claire. Claire was super excited to meet Kadence. She had seen pictures of her previous trips online and we have talked about her a LOT! Claire knew that this trip was a complete surprise for Kadence. (I think Claire was secretly jealous about that part) Claire and I will take walks to get in shape, and often on these walks we have to talk about every detail of our upcoming trip. These walks included a lot of talking about Kadence.
So the big moment has finally arrived. According to Carey, Kadence was very excited to find out she would be meeting up with Claire too. Well this big moment, was a DUD! Both girls immediately became shy. Almost hiding behind us. Seriously, after all this planning, you are NOT even going to talk to each other!
Well that didn’t matter, as Carey and I started talking right away. I had a gift for Kadence that we gave her and they had one of Claire as well. Claire kind of peeked in the bag, but I think she was too shy to really take a look, same with Kadence. Carey pulled out a journal from the bag she gave Claire and said it was for me. She said it was a gift from her and Janet (The dress maker who we were borrowing outfits from). OH Gosh! There was no need for either of them to do that. But it was so nice! I have to admit, I have only written about half a days’ worth in there and I need to get at it and finish it up. She also made this very cute autograph book for Claire. I loved it, and so did Claire. But as the trip went on, we forgot to bring it with us on a few key days and it only got a few signatures in it. I may take this with us again next trip. It’s too cute to waste and it has spots to put pictures in too.

Now it was time to get a group shot. We made Carey’s husband, John, take our pictures. Carey warned that he is not the best picture taker, but they came out OK.
The first one looks like we are cringing. We are probably smiling and giving him instructions on how to use the cameras. LOL

And of course we have the bright sun in our eyes too.

We chatted a bit more and then it was time to head off. We would be meeting up in a week’s time, as our girls were going to do the Wonderland Tea Party together.

Claire and I headed back towards Fantasyland. We stopped and asked if the new part was open for previews, but no such luck. I did ask if it would open during the party and she gave me a knowing look and said to check back then once it started.

It was time for a snack. We weren’t quite ready to eat dinner (and honestly we were hoping to eat in new Fantasyland), so we went to get a Dole Whop Float. This is a new favorite for us, just having our first try of these last March.

We got in line and it was moving kind of slow. I think the guy we had was new, because he seemed to not understand what we wanted at first. In line I said we should share one now, but Claire was insistent that she needed her own. She said I was a pig and would eat it all. LOL.
So we decided that she would get the pineapple one and I would get the orange one.

It took a while, but we finally walked away with one in our hands and took a seat across the way,

Claire obviously is mad that I made her wait for a picture before she could eat hers.

They were darn good!
A picture of our view.

After a bit, I asked Claire if I could have a bite of hers and she could have one of mine. This actually worked out great, and we ended up trading then. We got half of one we loved and then another half of another we loved.
After we finished up, we headed out again towards Fantasyland.

As soon as she spotted the sword, we had to stop. She learned about this on our April 2011 trip. She knows it “may” pull out for some lucky strong kid, and she wants to be that kid.

She kept telling me she could feel it move and was sure it was ready to come out.

Anyone out there? Help me!!

We had no such luck, and we headed off again.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #276
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update. I love how kids pretend they're shy when they meet new people. I still need to try a dole whip float. I got all confused when i went there before and ended up with just vanilla ice-cream. I need the floaty thing.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #277
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the update. I love how kids pretend they're shy when they meet new people. I still need to try a dole whip float. I got all confused when i went there before and ended up with just vanilla ice-cream. I need the floaty thing.
Yeah, normally she never shuts up. The floats are way better than just the dish of icecream
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #278
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Catching up a bit...

That stinks about not getting a text or call about your room! I hear that happens all too often. So strange.

I hope the girls warm up to each other by the next meeting! It's so funny how kids do that...Henry is the same way.

Mmmm...Dole Whip.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #279
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Would you get an orange one again? I never thought to put the orange in it. Did vanilla, the vanilla/pineapple swirl, and just pineapple in the juice. Of those I liked the pineapple dole whip in the pineapple juice.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #280
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Catching up a bit...

That stinks about not getting a text or call about your room! I hear that happens all too often. So strange.

I hope the girls warm up to each other by the next meeting! It's so funny how kids do that...Henry is the same way.

Mmmm...Dole Whip.
It's so annoying. Why bother saying you are going to do so, if you aren't.
We do see them a few more times, so they have a few chances at friendship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Would you get an orange one again? I never thought to put the orange in it. Did vanilla, the vanilla/pineapple swirl, and just pineapple in the juice. Of those I liked the pineapple dole whip in the pineapple juice.
YES! I actually like the orange one slightly better. The first one I got last spring was the orange and Claire and I loved it. Then my husband took a bite and asked what it was, so he went off to get one, but he just asked for a float and got the pineapple, so we tasted his and it was really good too.
Now that I think about it, I have to run to the store. Maybe'll I'll get some orange icecream and pineapple juice and make one tonight. Not nearly as good, But Claire will LOVE it.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #281
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame that the girls turned all shy. I love the Dole Whip Float, but have only ever tried the pineapple version. I have to try the orange version this year.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #282
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Well Kadence is going kick my butt for looking at this without her, but I just won't tell her. lol

Silly girls. I wish they could have seen how excited they were to see each other.

Claire was jealous because it was a surprise, Kadence was jealous Claire was going to Disney and she "wasn't"

You got a nice surprise, because you were so helpful to both of us and we benefited GREATLY from that help.

A dole whip. The one thing we didn't get to. Mmmm.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 01-11-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #283
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I w, so happy the girls got to meet
Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #284
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up again, Jen. First week back to work/school was a bit more stressful than I would have loved.

Love the pictures of the DISmeet, but it's a bit sad that the girls both turned shy when they finally met.
I have yet to try the dolewhip floats. I had the regular pineapple one, but I guess Ineed to try the float and the orange one in the summer.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #285
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame that the girls turned all shy. I love the Dole Whip Float, but have only ever tried the pineapple version. I have to try the orange version this year.

Corinna
They do become friends, eventually!
I like the floats much better than the regular plain old whips. And the orange is my favorite, but the pineapple is darn good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Well Kadence is going kick my butt for looking at this without her, but I just won't tell her. lol

Silly girls. I wish they could have seen how excited they were to see each other.

Claire was jealous because it was a surprise, Kadence was jealous Claire was going to Disney and she "wasn't"

You got a nice surprise, because you were so helpful to both of us and we benefited GREATLY from that help.

A dole whip. The one thing we didn't get to. Mmmm.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
I know. I read yours without Claire, but didn't tell her.
Claire wants a surprise. She is all about surprise parties and stuff too. I guess I am going to have to figure out how to do something for her.
Shame on you for not getting a dole whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I w, so happy the girls got to meet
I was happy they got to meet too. It was a long time coming. I'm glad we got to meet up with them again, or I would've been a bit disappointed at how shy they both were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up again, Jen. First week back to work/school was a bit more stressful than I would have loved.

Love the pictures of the DISmeet, but it's a bit sad that the girls both turned shy when they finally met.
I have yet to try the dolewhip floats. I had the regular pineapple one, but I guess Ineed to try the float and the orange one in the summer.
It's been a bit hectic here too. Can't imagine why? I am stil ltrying to catch back up once again on many TR's. I just did one long on this morning, and I felt like I accomplished something. I am in the middle of another and yours is on the list next!
You should have plenty of time on those trips of yours to try one, so no excuses next time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: