Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #76
s232271
Mouseketeer

Another question: I noticed every single sailing out of Galveston has the IGT OGT VGT rates on them after final payment date and wondered if it was worth a risk canceling before final payment and hoping they add that rate to our cruise. The Balcony VGT rate would be $1968 . I have an 11b on deck 6 , a sideways cabin, for $2487 so I wasn't sure if anyone had an opinion on this.....VGT would mean they pick my cabin for me so I could get something I don't like .....any thoughts?
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #77
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Booking Excursions, Palo, Flouder's Nursery

Yes, you have to have made your final payment before you can book excursions, Palo or time in the nursery.

The Disney rep I spoke with said buses normally start around 7am to WDW. The parks do not open until 9am that day.
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #78
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Can't believe it's "just" 4 months today!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #79
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Booked our shore excursions and Palo dinner and brunch very early today! Finished our on-line check-in. Now we just sit back and wait....

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #80
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel
Booked our shore excursions and Palo dinner and brunch very early today! Finished our on-line check-in. Now we just sit back and wait....
Fantastic!!! We're gold so we have a few more days before we can book... Still can't decide which park to start with! What did your family choose? I know we'll do a Palo dinner but not sure about brunch this trip.

I think I might be over planning our WDW!!! HaHa
Not as young as I used to be!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #81
s232271
Mouseketeer

Do you make reservations for brunch at Palos? Or just show up?
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #82
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

How is brunch?
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #83
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
Fantastic!!! We're gold so we have a few more days before we can book... Still can't decide which park to start with! What did your family choose? I know we'll do a Palo dinner but not sure about brunch this trip.

I think I might be over planning our WDW!!! HaHa
Not as young as I used to be!
We usually go to the parks for a few days either before or after a cruise. Condensing it all into only one day may sound a bit crazed: We start at Animal Kingdom with the African Safari Trek, a sort of back-door Kilimanjaro Safari, partially on foot. There's free time in AK before the trek begins and time for a quick bite of lunch at Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree.

Then it's off to the Magic Kingdom to explore the new Fantasyland and anything else we can't live without revisiting.

We end up at EPCOT for dinner at Le Cellier, a stroll around World Showcase, and the dessert reception for IllumiNations (our favorite fireworks event that we usually watch every night we're at WDW). Then back to the ship!

I know it may sound intense, but we're really not commando visitors. We'll be back in January and August 2014, so there's no reason to kill ourselves. If we don't see it this time, there's always the next!

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #84
m4travel

Mouseketeer

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Do you make reservations for brunch at Palo? Or just show up?
We love Palo for both dinner and brunch. Both are reservations only, adults only. While dinner is a la carte from the menu, brunch is a buffet - and what a buffet it is! Entrees are cooked to order.

Not sure when we'll be back on the Fantasy or Dream: Remy is heaven, but Palo is great, too. We are looking forward to sailing on the Magic again. The Wonder is our favorite ship; we did a lot of our early sailing on the Wonder, so it's 'home' to us.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #85
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel View Post
We have to wait until 2/9 to book, so excited and can't wait to book ours as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #86
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
We have to wait until 2/9 to book, so excited and can't wait to book ours as well.
It will come soon enough, wajones2. We used to wait until the last moment, throw some clothes into a suitcase and travel.

Having retired - and having more time - we find advance planning to be quite enjoyable. There's time to read those shore excursion descriptions, figure out real clothing needs, read all the boards - everything that makes the adventure fun!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #87
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Another question: I noticed every single sailing out of Galveston has the IGT OGT VGT rates on them after final payment date and wondered if it was worth a risk canceling before final payment and hoping they add that rate to our cruise. The Balcony VGT rate would be $1968 . I have an 11b on deck 6 , a sideways cabin, for $2487 so I wasn't sure if anyone had an opinion on this.....VGT would mean they pick my cabin for me so I could get something I don't like .....any thoughts?
I am considering the same thing. It looks like there are at least 7 cabins available in most cabin categories. I transferred an OBB to this cruise, so with 10% discount I am paying @$2150 for 1a/1c in a 11C. I am thinking it would be smart to transfer my OBB benefits to another cruise and wait to see if a VGT or IGT is offered. Kids sail free would not help me if offered. Would be really nice to pay less for a balcony than i am currently paying for an inside cabin. If no IGT or VGT is offered, I could transfer back to this cruise--- might have to pay a little more though if the rates rise. Any thoughts? Any flaws in this plan? I appreciate any input.
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
MerissaAndMomLoveDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #88
Jsoenning
Enjoying the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
How is brunch?
My wife and I enjoyed brunch at Palo's even more than the dinner likely because of the great view being daylight, the beautiful spread, and a nice relaxing morning with our daughter at Flounder's Reef.
Jsoenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #89
KSLATL
Earning My Ears

Re: FE list

This is amazing! Thank you! Here is some more information about us...

Room # 8522

DS-6 is Logan
DD-4 is Aubrey
DD-2 is Tatum
DD-9 months in Leighton

No allergies

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I can't wait!!!!

Last edited by KSLATL; 01-13-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add info
KSLATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #90
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

FE List

Thanks for the update KSLATL! Cute kiddo names...I'm guessing that you are either "K" or "S"? I am glad to be able to update your information and look forward to our FE exchange. It should be a lot of fun and I can hardly wait until May!

If anyone else would like to sign up for the FE list, you can PM me your info or email at becca.zpack@gmail.com . The link to our list is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VQ5MWhPNnoxT0E

Cheers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: