DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #256
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc33
I think I need more pixie dust!
Not having good luck. I waitlisted my dates for Sunday thru Saturday stay. At the time only Sunday and Monday were booked , but now I have been watching the rest of the week book up as I have chased the days all week trying to be flexible with are arrival date, it seems like the arrival date keeps booking up the day before I can go into reserve it.

Has anyone had luck with a waitlist coming through for HHI?? I am thinking it is successful less often than for DvC resorts at WDW.
Studios and 1BR are hard to book at 7mo at that time of the year. That is why I own at HHI! If you have enough points you can book or waitlist a 2BR.

It is not just the size of the resort: HHI owners don't book at 11mo with the plan of moving to another resort at 7mo like people do, say, at SSR. They book at HHI because that's where they want to stay! So there are less cancellations.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #257
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
I have some HHI curiosity questions. Never been there. We vacation on the OBX of NC. We took some friends with us last year. They have WAAAAY more DVC points than we do. They were looking into HHI for this summer. They could not get a week at HHI for July at their 7 mark. I was looking at availability this morning and I found it odd that all weekdays are booked in July (1 bd) but every friday and Saturday night was available. Does nobody stay there on the weekends because the huge point difference? What are the waitlist chances of getting a full week if they book a weekend. For being owners for much longer than us, we seem to know much more than they do....just trying to help them out.
Along with the points cost for weekends being outrageous, the cash rate is quite reasonable. It doesn't really even make sense to use points for the weekend...maybe a reallocation is in the future. We booked a 2BR for Spring Break, arriving Saturday night and departing Friday morning. The Saturday night (March 30) would cost 35 points compared to only 25 for the weeknights. We opted to pay cash and our total cash price for that night is about $235. We could rent those 35 points for $10 each, book the room on cash and still have $100 leftover! In the summer, the cash rate is much more, but the disparity between weeknight/weekend is also greater.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #258
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
Studios and 1BR are hard to book at 7mo at that time of the year. That is why I own at HHI! If you have enough points you can book or waitlist a 2BR.

It is not just the size of the resort: HHI owners don't book at 11mo with the plan of moving to another resort at 7mo like people do, say, at SSR. They book at HHI because that's where they want to stay! So there are less cancellations.
How about in the fall? Is it difficult to book at 7 months in October? I'm not picky about which week, we would just like to make it down "around" that time of year.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #259
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
How about in the fall? Is it difficult to book at 7 months in October? I'm not picky about which week, we would just like to make it down "around" that time of year.
In October, there should be availability at 7 months, at least for 2 BR, but probably for 1 BR and studios as well. During the fall the only difficult period at 7 months appears to be Thanksgiving.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #260
jheltz27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc33
Has anyone had luck with a waitlist coming through for HHI?? I am thinking it is successful less often than for DvC resorts at WDW.
We had our waitlist for 5 days in early June for a studio come thru a few weeks after we submitted it. Had a Saturday thru Thursday booked but wanted Sunday to Friday for the points, the boil, and to give us more time driving there and it came thru. Still have one pending for the week before on same days but its not the end of the world. Check your request often as I never got an email notification that it had gone thru. I have also heard others suggest manually trying new dates several times just to see. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jheltz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #261
Dictator
Hail to the Redskins

every day i feel more and more lucky that I was able to book at 7mo for a week beginning on july 5.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #262
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
every day i feel more and more lucky that I was able to book at 7mo for a week beginning on july 5.
I feel lucky that I was just able to get mine booked!! We were trying to be flexible on arrival dates and it paid off.

Now that I was successful, I have a theory that a Friday arrival in the summer increases chances. We originally wanted to book Sun Aug 4 through Sat Aug 10. Every day since Jan. 4th I have planned to get online at 8 am to book a 1BR. Every day prior to 8 am, the 7 month arrival day was already unavailable. I think because of the higher points for Fri and Sat nights, it increased my odds to book 5 nights beginning with Friday Aug. 9th arrival (perhaps this morning there was not as much demand). I then added Thursday Aug 8th on a cash booking (with DVC discount 1BR $333 - considering it's 31 points, I didn't think this was too bad).

I am so excited that we will be making our first trip to HHI. We will be there Aug. 8-14. I hope that DH likes it enough that he will consider an HHI add-on then it will be easier to book next time!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #263
Dictator
Hail to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc33 View Post
I feel lucky that I was just able to get mine booked!! We were trying to be flexible on arrival dates and it paid off.
When I was trying to book, it was the weekends which were booked up. The weekdays seemed to be free. Again, I'm just happy I got a reservation.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #264
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
When I was trying to book, it was the weekends which were booked up. The weekdays seemed to be free. Again, I'm just happy I got a reservation.
Me too! I am happy to get the reservation!!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #265
Massillon Dad
Mouseketeer

You gotta try the Rasta Farian restaurant

...can't remember the name of this raggae chef...it is spectacular food! always wait 2 hours, but worth it! name of restaurant has word "cornbread" in it
Massillon Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #266
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massillon Dad View Post
...can't remember the name of this raggae chef...it is spectacular food! always wait 2 hours, but worth it! name of restaurant has word "cornbread" in it
That's Roastfish and Cornbread. It's on the same road as the Old Oyster Factory I think. Roastfish and Cornbread has the BEST sweet potato fries!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #267
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Savannah.....how much time should we allow? Do places open at 9 or 10a in the summer?

I was thinking of the following - Juliette Low house, railroad museum, children's museum, trolley ride, Pirate place for lunch. What are the "must see" things there? My DS will be 9 and gets bored easily! Someone mentioned a baseball team?

Think we could hit the top spots by 5p and head to HH??

Any info is appreciated...thanks!
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #268
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

My DH says that roast fish and cornbread has the BEST fish tacos he has ever had. Their blackened seasoning is fabulous. We love it.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #269
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

I own here as well and have never been there but it must be nice as all you have been saying . maybe one day i will get there to see for my self .
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #270
okw2012
Mouseketeer

We leave in 50 days! It feels strange not having any ADRs, no ME tags, no Photopass+, no tickets to buy from Undercover Tourist, no touring plan... I may get used to a vacation requiring so little planning!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: