Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1051
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA
There's another thread on the boards talking about parking and how some folks will park at bc/yc and walk into Epcot. We have stayed at Poly in the past and managed to always find parking, although, some days we did the circles. When we stayed at Kidani we always found parking.
My question is - how is the YC parking? We will have a car and plan on driving to some attractions and coming back midday, night time, etc. From what I can tell, the YC is fairly sold out the beginning part of our stay.
Will we be circling endlessly looking for a spot to park? I dread the thought. Anyone have any experience since I have zero?
TIA.
We drove in May of 2012 and self parked at YC. We stayed at the YC for seven nights and did not have any problems with parking.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1052
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Hi Teena

Do you think the pool hours will be longer in May?
Thanks
That would be nice, we'll be there in May too....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #1053
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by em36 View Post
We drove in May of 2012 and self parked at YC. We stayed at the YC for seven nights and did not have any problems with parking.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #1054
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hi Jesse,
Looks like I'm going to miss you unless you are around on 1/27. I leave on a 14 night cruise this Saturday.
Stormalong Bay is so large that it is classified as a water park. Therefore, it is entirely closed and locked up unless there are lifeguards on duty. I believe right now the pool (or water park) closes at 8 PM.
Keep in mind we have three normal pools. One by the BCV, one by the BC and one by the YC. They are open all the time and have hot tubs too. No lifeguards at any time. No matter which resort you stay at, you are allowed in any of those three pools. I love the pool at BCV!!
Have a wonderful stay and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is warm enough to use SAB. Yesterday was in the mid-80's. Hot and humid in January!
Teena
Thanks for the info. When we stayed at the BC in Aug, SAB was open late, so we didn't have a chance to see it when it was closed. The kids will be sad, but, as the Flying Jib will be closed, any chance to get in the water will work. And, even though we're staying at the YC, we'll definitely check out the pool at BCV.

And yup, it looks like we'll miss you again. I hope you have a great cruise!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping
Old 01-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #1055
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Thanks for the info. When we stayed at the BC in Aug, SAB was open late, so we didn't have a chance to see it when it was closed. The kids will be sad, but, as the Flying Jib will be closed, any chance to get in the water will work. And, even though we're staying at the YC, we'll definitely check out the pool at BCV.

And yup, it looks like we'll miss you again. I hope you have a great cruise!
There is a very nice quiet pool at the Yacht Club, too.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #1056
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

We're Here!!!!!

Well we finally made it. Home. BCV. 302. On the quiet pool side. Near the bus stop. This will come in handy at 3am Saturday morning as we catch the bus to half marathon start.

Had the problems with keys again. I must be doing something wrong. We had to go through cutting 3 sets of six keys before we finally got a set that worked. Once again don’t think this is a resort problem but a tech problem. Finally went down this morning and got a full set of six that work.

We got here around 11am and our room wasn’t ready. Waited around for first sister and brother in law to arrive. We made it into Beaches and Cream by 11:30. Seated right away. I tried the grilled cheese and tomato bisque for the first time. Another first. Then on to HS.

Had a good afternoon just strolling the park. Rode several rides. Watched several shows. Ride breakdown continues. RnRC went down around 1 (as we were getting in line) and never did reopen.

We had dinner at Sci-Fi. Not something we do every trip but every third or fourth it is fun. Sister #2 and BIL arrived while we were at the Studios. So we are all settled in to 302.

Woke this morning to the sounds of the 5k rocking Epcot. Of course I hit the door around six for my photo walk around. Finally hitting my groove. Back now sitting around with family drinking coffee watching sun come up outside. (What’s more fun than sitting at BLT drinking coffee watching the sun come up? Sitting at BCV’s with my family drinking coffee watching the sun come up!)

Time for breakfast and off to Epcot. Later friends.
Excuse grammer.....Typing fast. Got stuff to do!

View from balcony about 30 minutes ago!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #1057
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
PS. Do you have any recommendations for a good camera in the $400 and under range? I think I'll get better pictures if I start thinking about leaving the boys home on these Disney trips!
Hi Ninja Mom. If I may be so bold, I have a suggestion. Have you considered buying an older DSLR? A few years back after two trips with crappy, blurry pictures, I switched from a p&s to a DSLR. I bought a Pentax k20D (14.6 megapixel w/ tons of bells & whistles) shortly after Pentax released two new models. Granted, I bought it new, but picked it up at half price (~$700). A few months back, I decided to upgrade again. When deciding what to do with, several people who contribute to the photography board suggested selling it (my old camera) to Keh. After checking out their site (keh.com), I noticed that they have a) only buy high quality gear, and b) sell it at a reasonable price. Right now, Keh is selling tons of older cameras at a fraction of the original price. For example, they have about 5 K20s (one of them could be mine!) ranging from $379-$415. Plus they have several of the models that came before (selling for as low as $149) and newer models (including my current camera, a K5, for $665). Of course, before doing so, I strongly suggest that you do research to find a line (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, etc) and gear (lenses, bag, sd cards, flash, etc) that suits your need. But, with the level digital technology has reached over the last 5-10 years, you can, even in your price range, put together a nice used camera package that will outlast most p&s cameras and allow you to get great shots.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping

Last edited by Me!Thatswho; 01-11-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #1058
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Woke this morning to the sounds of the 5k rocking Epcot. Of course I hit the door around six for my photo walk around. Finally hitting my groove. Back now sitting around with family drinking coffee watching sun come up outside. (What’s more fun than sitting at BLT drinking coffee watching the sun come up? Sitting at BCV’s with my family drinking coffee watching the sun come up!)
Good luck on your 1/2 marathon. My sister and I ran the half marathon in 2002. We had a blast. My daughter came down from college to watch and one of our other sisters came to cheer us on. Then my husband and I did the 5k a few years later. It was fun to see how serious he was about training for it, since he is the quintessential couch potato.

We feel like you do about BC, it feels like home. We are going to try the WL this trip, and I know we'll love it. But my husband and I know that we will miss our home. We may have to come back another time.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #1059
natebenma
DIS Veteran

More new and returning friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Hello!

We booked BC for Feb 27-Mar 5, but I have a concern about the scent used there, something I just learned about. Some of our family have asthma, allergies and/or sensitivity to scents. Is the scent they pump into the lobby strong, and is it noticeable in the rooms as well? I for one can't even handle the smell of fabric softener or scented laundry detergents, and even burning a Scentsy bar in our home causes my DS to start coughing.

Thanks!

I'm glad you decided to try out the Beach Club! If the lobby scent really does bother your family, I am sure the folks at the resort will try to work with you if you are unable to stay there.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnic View Post
At last we are all booked.

15 nights at the BC with free DDP.

First time at BC, always wanted to stay there and at last we can. Soooo excited.

Roll on October!

What a great time of year to be at the World for a nice long trip!

I'll add you to the list for October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I am on the be our guest list and even though I don't post much, I am always lurking for info! With all the recent posts about club level, I am excited to say I've upgraded to a deluxe club level room! This is our first experience with club level and I really hope it's all I can imagine. I know just the extra space in the room will be a plus and I agree about even just the unlimited supply of drinks. I'm so excited! Everyone on here is so helpful! Thanks so much for all you do!
Congrats on the upgrade! I'll revise your listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMK62303 View Post
Coming back home to the BC March 27th-April3! Would love to be added to the Be Our Guest List! Thanks!
back!

I'm happy to add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaD View Post
So we are booked.... BC club level, can't wait to be spoiled!! April 14-17. Please add me to the list

That's awesome news!!! I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We will be staying at the Beach Club!

Just received our confirmation for our stay 8/26 through 9/2. There will be four of us: me, DH, DD (12), DS (7).

It's safe to say I am ridiculously excited. We have never stayed at the Beach Club before and I am really looking forward to the new experience. Plus, the ability to walk to EPCOT is just wonderful. And my kids will go crazy for Stormalong Bay.

I had two quick questions: First, how far is the walk to the Boardwalk from the Beach Club? I think there is a bridge?, but most of the maps I have looked at are not quite clear about it. Second, are there any dining options at the Beach Club that in your opinion we should not miss?

I'm glad to hear about your first stay at the Beach Club. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

My family enjoys the Cape May cafe. The Captain's Grille seems to be a hidden gem as well. They have both a buffet and a la carte option for breakfast that people rave about. Lobster omlette anyone?

There are links to the menus for the restaurants at the resort on the first page of this thread, in the Dining Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am excited to say we just upgraded to CL for May!!
Congrats on the upgrade! I'll revise your listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
Holidays are over and now I am back in full swing for vacation. I am glad to see that the board is still as great as it was the last time we were planning. It is so helpful!

We are returning to club level because it was so awesome the last time for our family of 5. We have decided that the DDP was too much eating for us last time and are going without the DDP but have made some select TS ADR at our fav restaurants.

Hubby wanted to use an exchange for our timeshare and stay off-site but I just couldn't stay off- site. I scored the recent 30% discount so he is more accepting of staying at the BC again.

We are on the BOG list - 6/8-6/15 but you can add CL. First time in June- a little nervous about the crowds but kids are getting older and it's harder to find time during the school year. We really love May- I hope I don't regret choosing to go in June. Can anyone tell me how things are in early June- crowds, temp?
for another CL upgrade. I'll change your listing.

I was at the world from June 4-8 last year for my son's 8th grade class trip. I didn't find it to be stiflingly hot. We had rain showers during two of the afternoons, and one night it poured, so prepare for that (ponchos and sandals). It is hard for me to judge the crowds, since we were in classes two of the mornings of our trip.

The advice I have for you, which is helpful in June as well as the rest of the year- hit the parks early while the crowds and temps are at the lowest point. Then, if either the heat or people start to get to you, take a break, and hit the parks again later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I totally missed that they have microwaves available at BC. Just noticed it says you can request them. Should I do this in advance or is that something that should be easy to obtain if mentioned at check in? I also have to request bed rails for the kids but only just found out Disney resorts offered them.
I believe you have to wait until you are at the resort to request the microwave. Not sure about the bed rails, but probably the same answer.

Both are based on availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Hello.... A few years ago I remember seeing a map that showed the BC floors and had room numbers/categories. I know it's out of date, but I'd love to have a peek to see what the views from different room categories would really be. (May do standard as opposed to lagoon). Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here is the map, along with a disclaimer!

Room Numbers: I hesitantly post this map. Please use with caution. It is outdated, pre resort rehab and prior to the addition of the Beach Club Concierge Lounge (the lounge is now on the 5th floor where you see the word "ICE". The view categories are also different. When this map was created, there were only standard view rooms and water view rooms (no garden view), so many of these rooms now have a different view category than what is indicated on this map.

Beach Club Disney Zone Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Hi everyone!

I haven't been around since our 10 day trip to the BC over Labor Day.

We are leaving on our first Disney cruise this Sunday!!! Adding a short stay after but staying at BLT. This will be our first stay as owners.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

A

Thanks for stopping in to say hello! Have a fantastic time on the cruise, and at BLT!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 01-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #1060
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
There is a very nice quiet pool at the Yacht Club, too.
Thanks! Hopefully the weather will cooperate enough that we can try all of the quiet pools over our 5 nights.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #1061
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Our crappy little point and shoot died this summer and with the way the boys put up a fuss about having their pictures taken I decided it wasn't worth the battle to even try Photopass. I didn't want the photographer to have to look at all the "You are taking my picture" snarls I would get. The cell phone camera was a disaster too so I am having buyers remorse at the lack of pictures.

PS. Do you have any recommendations for a good camera in the $400 and under range? I think I'll get better pictures if I start thinking about leaving the boys home on these Disney trips!
Sorry to hear about your camera.

I totally sympathize with the lack of cooperation from the teens when you try to take a picture.

I just joined the big girl camera club with a Canon EOS Rebel T3, (around $500 at Sam's Club, 2 lenses, camera case) but so far it is not going well. I need to really sit down with the manual and go out and practice. Or maybe reach out to my photography friends here.

I am still in love with my Panasonic Lumix point & shoot. I think it takes decent pictures, but the main feature I love is that it is waterproof to 40 feet, so I can take it with me everywhere! To the beach, pools, waterparks, snorkeling. I never have to worry about leaving it behind when I go into the water.

I paid under $300 for it about a year ago.

If anyone wants to see some of the pictures I have taken with it, you can check out my Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail trip report or the Atlantis portion of my Welcome Foolish Muggles trip report. (Shameless plug)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #1062
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we finally made it. Home. BCV. 302. On the quiet pool side. Near the bus stop.

Love this view Early Morning Lovely!

MickeyT - Good Luck with the Marathon!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #1063
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we finally made it. Home. BCV. 302. On the quiet pool side. Near the bus stop. This will come in handy at 3am Saturday morning as we catch the bus to half marathon start.

Had the problems with keys again. I must be doing something wrong. We had to go through cutting 3 sets of six keys before we finally got a set that worked. Once again don’t think this is a resort problem but a tech problem. Finally went down this morning and got a full set of six that work.

Yep, it's not the resort. It's tech. I know change is good but we have soooo many problems with this new system. It will be great once it all works the way it is suppose to work but in the meantime it's a royal pain!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #1064
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back now sitting around with family drinking coffee watching sun come up outside. (What’s more fun than sitting at BLT drinking coffee watching the sun come up? Sitting at BCV’s with my family drinking coffee watching the sun come up!)

Nice!!! I agree, nothing better than drinking some coffee and enjoying the beautiful view!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #1065
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I been reading up on balconies. What is a dormer balcony? Is it smaller than a regular balcony? Any pictures of any of them? Confused?...

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: