Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #706
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingsouth View Post
sorry to say we have cancelled this cruise. I hope you all have a marvelous time!
I'll remove you from the Roll Call!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #707
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears

Question

I've been waiting for the Disney site to list all the excursions. I've done that with every cruise I've ever been on. What is the benefit of not using Disney for excursions? Is it cheaper? It's only my friend and I going, so no large party. I'm I better off finding an excursion prior to the Disney site releasing them all or is it okay to wait?

Sorry, I know I'm full of questions!

Last edited by Bsb1012; 01-11-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: question
Bsb1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #708
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Eleblanc, did you see that Milliepie filled your design request this morning? It came out so great! I'm so excited to use this on our door. She is just so talented. We'll definitely have to request some more from her as it gets a little closer to the cruise, right now she is really swamped with requests for people leaving in the next few weeks- she just did 2 awesome 'solo and fabulous' ones for me this week for my Western cruise next week that came out so cool also!

http://s628.beta.photobucket.com/use...14587151711884
Thank you so much for posting this! I requested it months ago and told her it was no rush since it was some time away, but was starting to wonder if I would ever be able to find it if she posted since she has so many requests. Can't wait to print it up and make it into a magnet!
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #709
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! I requested it months ago and told her it was no rush since it was some time away, but was starting to wonder if I would ever be able to find it if she posted since she has so many requests. Can't wait to print it up and make it into a magnet!
No problem! I get worried about losing my requests in there too, but I happened to be on there because I had requested some for my Fantasy cruise next week, and wasn't sure she was going to be able to get to them since she was swamped, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw she did some for me, and then not far after mine, I saw this one she did for you, it was perfect timing!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #710
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
I got Turkey all booked today! The tour looks pretty awesome. We booked with Ekol. Now working on booking Rome and Greece love the planning!
That's great - which tour did you end up going with? Did you end up getting the 50% discount?

I am in the midst of confirming Rome - we hummed and hawed over Rome because we've all been there before (except my neighbour's daughter) - we were thinking DCL but in the end we ended up booking a private tour again. Lol. I think I am the queen of private tours this trip. But it turned out that I could get a tour (that can take up to 7 people) for the cost of three on a cheaper DCL Rome excursion....so I jumped at it.

You should see the spreadsheet I have going trying to keep everything organized - whose going where and when - and the costs (deposits and to-be-paid) for 4 different paying parties in our group and 4 different currencies. Hopefully it won't be a crazy mess in the end.

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #711
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
That's great - which tour did you end up going with? Did you end up getting the 50% discount?

I am in the midst of confirming Rome - we hummed and hawed over Rome because we've all been there before (except my neighbour's daughter) - we were thinking DCL but in the end we ended up booking a private tour again. Lol. I think I am the queen of private tours this trip. But it turned out that I could get a tour (that can take up to 7 people) for the cost of three on a cheaper DCL Rome excursion....so I jumped at it.

You should see the spreadsheet I have going trying to keep everything organized - whose going where and when - and the costs (deposits and to-be-paid) for 4 different paying parties in our group and 4 different currencies. Hopefully it won't be a crazy mess in the end.
haha, you are busy We book the: Ephesus incl The Terrace Houses + the House of Virgin Mary + Basilica of St. John + the Artemis Temple Unfortunately couldn't get the 50% off and it was only a Dec promotion but the tour sounds really interesting so I ended up booking it! I am very tempted to book a Rome tour with DCL but haven't decided yet, pretty pricey! What company did you book your tour in Rome? We are doing back to back Med cruises so we can't really do too many tours....we are thinking of doing Rome, Turkey and Villefranche tours and the rest we have to do on our own, or at least try
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #712
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsb1012 View Post
We are staying there pre and post cruise. How is it? Close to alot???
Le Meridien is definitely in a good location for walking around and experiencing Barcelona. We had a suite and it was beautiful and plenty of room for the 3 of us. The restaurant was not very good and service terrible. We decided not to stay there this year.
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #713
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Eleblanc, did you see that Milliepie filled your design request this morning? It came out so great! I'm so excited to use this on our door. She is just so talented. We'll definitely have to request some more from her as it gets a little closer to the cruise, right now she is really swamped with requests for people leaving in the next few weeks- she just did 2 awesome 'solo and fabulous' ones for me this week for my Western cruise next week that came out so cool also!

http://s628.beta.photobucket.com/use...14587151711884
This is a really great design!
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #714
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am very tempted to book a Rome tour with DCL but haven't decided yet, pretty pricey! What company did you book your tour in Rome?
I didn't go with the usual - Rome in Limo tour. I strayed and went with Rudy's Touring Service. We didn't want a Vatican intensive tour so this seemed to work for us and give us lots of flexibility. We can also add up to 7 people on our tour without an increase so it gives us some flexibility that way as well.

I'm sort of sad....I confirmed all the car bookings in Barcelona this morning....I don't think I have anything else to research and book

I'll have to put my attention to my Fish Extender project now

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #715
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
I didn't go with the usual - Rome in Limo tour. I strayed and went with Rudy's Touring Service. We didn't want a Vatican intensive tour so this seemed to work for us and give us lots of flexibility. We can also add up to 7 people on our tour without an increase so it gives us some flexibility that way as well.

I'm sort of sad....I confirmed all the car bookings in Barcelona this morning....I don't think I have anything else to research and book

I'll have to put my attention to my Fish Extender project now
Car bookings? Do you rent a car in Barcelona? Or is it for a drive from the airport tot he hotel?
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #716
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Car bookings? Do you rent a car in Barcelona? Or is it for a drive from the airport tot he hotel?
I booked a car service for three different pick ups from the airport to the apartment we are renting; then a pick up from the apartment to the port; a pick up from the port to the airport with a stop off back to the apartment; and the final pick up from the apartment to the airport.

We were going to use taxis for any trips that had four people or less and car service for the rest - but it was just so much more convenient to have someone always waiting for us

Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #717
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Okay, with all the newest discussions about people booking excursions, I was wondering if there was anyone else on the cruise who is kinda "winging" it like us.

We plan on going into every port on our own. Only exceptions are booking the Rome On Your Own transport excursion with Disney and maybe hiring a driver for Athens just to get us into the city. Taking the train from the port into the city and getting around on our own. We have been to few of the ports before (Rome, la Spezia and Valletta , so we know we can get around them fairly easily. Part of the experience for us is getting around on the local transport and figuring it all out.

The only time we have used a guide previously is when we were in St. Petersburg. The trip was planned short notice so trying to get the required visas was too difficult, so we hired the guide primarily for that purpose.

I can understand hiring a guide it is your first trip to any of ports, but I now there are some repeat visitors on this cruise.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #718
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc
Okay, with all the newest discussions about people booking excursions, I was wondering if there was anyone else on the cruise who is kinda "winging" it like us.

We plan on going into every port on our own. Only exceptions are booking the Rome On Your Own transport excursion with Disney and maybe hiring a driver for Athens just to get us into the city. Taking the train from the port into the city and getting around on our own. We have been to few of the ports before (Rome, la Spezia and Valletta , so we know we can get around them fairly easily. Part of the experience for us is getting around on the local transport and figuring it all out.

The only time we have used a guide previously is when we were in St. Petersburg. The trip was planned short notice so trying to get the required visas was too difficult, so we hired the guide primarily for that purpose.

I can understand hiring a guide it is your first trip to any of ports, but I now there are some repeat visitors on this cruise.
Us! Plan on doing most of the ports on our own. There is only a couple of guided trips we are considering. Hopefully it will be as easy as it was previously on our last Med and Baltic (knock on wood).
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #719
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone heard when Disney will post excursions for our cruise? I want to see what they offer first. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #720
mum&son
Earning My Ears

So much to decide re trips will need to study +++
mum&son is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: