Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #691
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
I finally have Malta completely booked and organized - it took me a while to get the Playmobil factory tour tickets - but I can now say it is complete.

I am working on Mykonos. I wish DCL had their excursions listed for Greece already. I think that we are going to wander the town...maybe rent some ATV's, my parents might go over to Delos.

I am interested to see what Disney does about the shuttle from the Port to the town. Since the new Cruise Ship Port was opened it looks like most cruise lines are charging $10 each for the shuttle into Mykonos. For us that would by $100.

Hopefully we will see Greece (and Turkey) soon for excursions. Their website says 120 days before the first sailing which would take us to Feb?
Hello neighbor,

Who do you have Malta booked with? I am thinking of doing Mykonos on our own but would love to book a tour for Turkey or Athens or would they be easy done on our own. Here is another wish DCL would post the Turkey and Greece excursions.
I don't have anything booked yet, my head is spinning for reading so much about it
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #692
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
Hello neighbor,

Who do you have Malta booked with? I am thinking of doing Mykonos on our own but would love to book a tour for Turkey or Athens or would they be easy done on our own. Here is another wish DCL would post the Turkey and Greece excursions.
Hello fellow Atlantic Canadian

For Malta we booked a fishing trip for the morning (with Aquatica) and then a Playmobil Factory Tour for 2:30 and then back to the ship. No real touring the island. The kids got to choose this stop. Although I researched enough things that I could spend a week there easily. My parents are doing the HOHO bus in the morning and meeting us at the Playmobil park.

BTW the Playmobil factory only takes 10 people per day on tours (twice a day) and is one of the few toy factories in the world that isnot located in China. If anyone is interested in taking a tour message me your email and I can send you their flyer and contact info.

We have Greece booked. We are using a very highly recommended tour guide and she is organizing the transportation, driver and such. This was by far our most expensive splurge. She seems really excited and booked us a mini bus just in case.

I was waiting for DCL to post Kusadasi but know i think I am close to nailing down Turkey (I think). I am just negotiating price at this point. We are looking at a private tour (again) using Ekol. They have a 50% off special listed on their website for the holidays - I am trying to snag a good price. Comparing prices that other cruiselines charge for Ephesus tours - I think I can get much cheaper with some of the recommended private tour companies,

I really wanted to see if DCL was going to offer something interesting for the kids in Turkey but if the price is right - I might jump on it. The tour group offered me some tips for the kids to make Kusadasi fun - I post them for everyone in a separate post.

I have read a lot about Mykonos over the past day - and I truly think we are doing this one on our own. A couple of us might head over to Delos in the morning (there are only 3 ferries that go over a day) and then wander the town with everyone else afterwards. Most things I have read suggest beaches, ATVs, Jeep Safari, Delos and wandering the town.

If anyone is interested at Mykonos, the St. John's 5 star Resort offers day passes to their private beach and resort for only 30 Euros and that includes the shuttle to and from the ship. Considering the shuttle from the port to town (most likely) is $10 each this seems like a pretty good deal for some R&R. It looks like it is more geared towards adults (and older teenagers) and not necessary for families with younger children.

Anyway....I am on a little research kick this week...I think the excitement of it turning 2013 and I can see my vacation in sight is getting me excited again.

I stop now before I bore you all

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #693
disneycrazy2004

Quote:

For Malta we booked a fishing trip for the morning (with Aquatica) and then a Playmobil Factory Tour for 2:30 and then back to the ship. No real touring the island. The kids got to choose this stop. Although I researched enough things that I could spend a week there easily. My parents are doing the HOHO bus in the morning and meeting us at the Playmobil park.

BTW the Playmobil factory only takes 10 people per day on tours (twice a day) and is one of the few toy factories in the world that isnot located in China. If anyone is interested in taking a tour message me your email and I can send you their flyer and contact info.

We have Greece booked. We are using a very highly recommended tour guide and she is organizing the transportation, driver and such. This was by far our most expensive splurge. She seems really excited and booked us a mini bus just in case.

I was waiting for DCL to post Kusadasi but know i think I am close to nailing down Turkey (I think). I am just negotiating price at this point. We are looking at a private tour (again) using Ekol. They have a 50% off special listed on their website for the holidays - I am trying to snag a good price. Comparing prices that other cruiselines charge for Ephesus tours - I think I can get much cheaper with some of the recommended private tour companies,

I really wanted to see if DCL was going to offer something interesting for the kids in Turkey but if the price is right - I might jump on it. The tour group offered me some tips for the kids to make Kusadasi fun - I post them for everyone in a separate post.

I have read a lot about Mykonos over the past day - and I truly think we are doing this one on our own. A couple of us might head over to Delos in the morning (there are only 3 ferries that go over a day) and then wander the town with everyone else afterwards. Most things I have read suggest beaches, ATVs, Jeep Safari, Delos and wandering the town.

If anyone is interested at Mykonos, the St. John's 5 star Resort offers day passes to their private beach and resort for only 30 Euros and that includes the shuttle to and from the ship. Considering the shuttle from the port to town (most likely) is $10 each this seems like a pretty good deal for some R&R. It looks like it is more geared towards adults (and older teenagers) and not necessary for families with younger children.

Anyway....I am on a little research kick this week...I think the excitement of it turning 2013 and I can see my vacation in sight is getting me excited again.

Wow, you are so organized! Thanks for the great info
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #694
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Can you share where you found the info on a day pass at St. Johns? I went to their site and it looks gorgeous but I couldnt find any info about a day pass for cruisers.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #695
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Thanks for all the great suggestions! Can you share where you found the info on a day pass at St. Johns? I went to their site and it looks gorgeous but I couldnt find any info about a day pass for cruisers.
The resort looks divine!

I first found out about it going through the cruise critic site and then looking them up at tripadvisor. I checked out their website as well but didn't see anything about day passes either. I looks like it is through word of mouth and you contact them via email. Here were two of the good links I found:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...t+johns+resort
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1641336

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #696
cruisingbelltower
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor

I'm going where??
cruisingbelltower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #697
mum&son
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone
this is a welcome find
sadly it is bedtime in the UK so will follow up tomorrow
you all seem organised with trips not yet thought about them myself !!
been to WDW 5 times but this is my first time cruising so apprehensive but excited too
I will be travelling with my 13 year old son

Last edited by mum&son; 01-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.
mum&son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #698
DionysiusP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum&son
Hi everyone
this is a welcome find
been to WDW 5 times but this is my first time cruising so apprehensive but excited too
Cruising is soooooooo much fun!
DionysiusP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #699
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mum&son;47102909][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]
Hi everyone
this is a welcome find
you all seem organised with trips not yet thought about t!

Welcome. You will have an incredible time on the cruise. There are also a number of 13 yr old girls in this group so your son will have a blast too!
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #700
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum&son View Post

Hi everyone
this is a welcome find
Welcome Aboard! If you have any more information you'd like to put in the Roll Call on the first page, just let me know.

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #701
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Eleblanc, did you see that Milliepie filled your design request this morning? It came out so great! I'm so excited to use this on our door. She is just so talented. We'll definitely have to request some more from her as it gets a little closer to the cruise, right now she is really swamped with requests for people leaving in the next few weeks- she just did 2 awesome 'solo and fabulous' ones for me this week for my Western cruise next week that came out so cool also!

http://s628.beta.photobucket.com/use...14587151711884

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #702
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears

We're in!

I'm Debi and my BFF Angela are going. Our room is GTY so I don't have a room number yet. I must be patient! I've never been to the Mediterranean before so I'm really excited!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #703
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
In 2011, we did the following:

Barcelona - walked around on our own - stayed overnight at Le Meridien

Randi
We are staying there pre and post cruise. How is it? Close to alot???
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #704
goingsouth
I should be Cruising today

sorry to say we have cancelled this cruise. I hope you all have a marvelous time!
2012- AKL, BWV
2011-BLT,BCV
2010-Universal PBH, Magic Baltic Cruise
2008-BCV and SSR and DGC
2007-WB 14 day transatlanic Magic
------------------------------------
Next Up:
MNSSHP Oct 2014 GFV
Joanne John Sara & Amanda
goingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #705
disneycrazy2004

I got Turkey all booked today! The tour looks pretty awesome. We booked with Ekol. Now working on booking Rome and Greece love the planning!

Last edited by disneycrazy2004; 01-11-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: