DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
twooley2
DIS Veteran

my disney experience

So I went to the disney website to try this my disney experience thing and manually entered my reservations for our DVC resort stays but it does not show my paid for dining plan on the reservations but says DVC room only, but the DVC member site does show it as it is supposed to be. Is this an error or will it affect me making dining reservations with the dining plans that require deposits for those without dining plans?
twooley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

I've read other threads where people are complaining about the accuracy of the information on My Disney Experience. It's seems to not be working as it should be. I don't think there is anything for you to worry about, but it would be a simple call to MS to confirm.
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

I did have trouble with it. I had to manually enter our reservations. But I kept a print out of the adr's before with our confirmation numbers. The bigger problem for us right now is that we did go to all of our table service dinners and I found that they charged us for no-shows. I kept all our receipts and charged back to the room as well. Try to keep everything. I talked to several people and heard different stories-one said we cancelled less than a day out, another said we booked MVMCP and CP, which we did not. Yes, it is a mess and it may be a good idea to keep receipts and printouts of confirmations.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
twooley2
DIS Veteran

Its a shame that with a vacation with dining plan a trip can cost upwards of 10,000 dollars that many people save for a lifetime or years to take and they can charge even more without authorization based on incorrect information. I hope they get the kinks worked out. I think this will be our last trip for awhile for many reasons one being my DVC points will be depleted for a cpl of years, at just the right time and two this is a mess although looks promising but it doesnt seem to have its full ability/ functionality without flaws for a couple of years down the road I am sure
twooley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Disney has a history of website and software issues. The bigger the business unit, the better the website. Disney supports 25 million visitors, DVC around 400,000.

In the world of Disney, DVC owners are such a small number we don't get the best website and software. DVC uses some of Disney's software and it doesn't always work great for the DVC or display correctly.

Other website issues are actually part of Disney's plan. The missing non-expiration tickets were first blamed on the new website, now there are reports that Disney has remove them from the website forcing guests to buy more tickets thus increasing their profit.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
howedaniel
Earning My Ears

Cannot access website

I have the app for iphone for my disney experience but I cannot access the my disney experience website. I am from the UK and the disneyworld website will not allow me to access the US site, there is also no link to the 'my disney experience' site on the UK site can anyone help , anyone else had this problem?
howedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by howedaniel
I have the app for iphone for my disney experience but I cannot access the my disney experience website. I am from the UK and the disneyworld website will not allow me to access the US site, there is also no link to the 'my disney experience' site on the UK site can anyone help , anyone else had this problem?
MDE has only been rolled out in the US. Up here in Canada we don't have access to the website either.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: