Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Anniefrances
Mouseketeer

WL is my favorite and my children and I loved starting our days with the boat ride to MK. We usually waited 5-10 min for a boat and the walk between the room and the dock was not bad at all. Plus I really enjoyed having everything under one roof (we ate several meals at Roaring Forks). And the pool at WL, oh my goodness, we enjoyed it so much....and late in the evening, on the way back to the room, if my children were sleeping in the double stroller, I liked sitting outside of the main lobby in the rocking chairs with a glass of wine--so peaceful. Finally, I think the best part was at the end of a long day at MK, we had the shortest walk of anyone--just a hop and skip to the boat dock. The year prior we stayed at CR which is a close second choice, but being able to maneuver the double stroller to WL was a lot less tiring for me even if it took a little longer than the walkway to CR.
2001 offsite (shh! left a conference for the day to check it all out ), 2002 POR , 2003 Disneyland , 2004 BWI, cancelled--medical issues , 2005 Poly , 2007 POP , 2008 POP , 2009, POP , 2010 CR CL , 2011 WL , 2011 POP (short trip for G's birthday) , 2012 ASMo/CBR , 2013 AS Sp , 2014 AS Sp (short trip for J's birthday) , summer 2014 AS Sp
Anniefrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #17
etedesco
Earning My Ears

Thank you all! I'll be travelling with two small children and I hate, hate, hate those buses and am trying to avoid them at all costs. I want to roll my stroller onto something (monorail, boat) and roll off without having to take my sometimes sleeping kids out.

We stayed at POP last spring and it felt like we spent half of our vacation on a bus! We do the afternoon nap thing, and convenience is my motivating factor when booking a resort.

Thanks for all the opinions!
etedesco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etedesco View Post
I want to roll my stroller onto something (monorail, boat) and roll off without having to take my sometimes sleeping kids out.
Well you can't use the boats that go to the GF/Poly since you can't push an open stroller onto them. I cannot speak for any other boats/ferry.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Well you can't use the boats that go to the GF/Poly since you can't push an open stroller onto them. I cannot speak for any other boats/ferry.
The large boats accommodate the strollers open, but the smaller boats do not. Sometimes smaller boats *do* go from the WL to MK, so you would just have to wait for a larger boat, or fold your stroller. Only the smaller boats rotate around the lake - WL to CR to FW - they circle around just to the resorts.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
Anniefrances
Mouseketeer

As the PP indicated, there are large and small boats that transport between WL and MK. Strollers may remain open (even with sleeping children) when riding on the large boat. The few times a small boat arrived and I didn't want to fold the stroller we just waited for the next boat. I have read somewhere on the boards that the boats arrive every 20 min, but the wait felt more like 10 min or so to me.

I will add though, that if you plan to spend time at Epcot and folded strollers are an issue, you may want to consider CR. When my children were even younger I liked hopping over to WS for a leisurely meal or adult beverage whenever they would go down for an extended stroller nap (or later in the evening after a full day of playing at MK). Hands down, using the monorail (and a well stocked stroller) was the smoothest way to pull it off.
2001 offsite (shh! left a conference for the day to check it all out ), 2002 POR , 2003 Disneyland , 2004 BWI, cancelled--medical issues , 2005 Poly , 2007 POP , 2008 POP , 2009, POP , 2010 CR CL , 2011 WL , 2011 POP (short trip for G's birthday) , 2012 ASMo/CBR , 2013 AS Sp , 2014 AS Sp (short trip for J's birthday) , summer 2014 AS Sp

Last edited by Anniefrances; 01-10-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added a word for clarification
Anniefrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
lfran
Earning My Ears

It is not a far walk at all. The biggest concern is at MGK there is a wait for the boats to return back to the hotel.
lfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Also, I'm sure you know this, but just to point out - the WL rooms are the smallest of the deluxe rooms. They're just a hair above the moderate rooms, so if you'll have a pack and play it's something to think about, although there is definitely room for the pack and play - you'll just have to think through placement.

OTOH, for getting around, gotta love WL. There really are NO long walks ANYWHERE and I think the theming at WL is the best of any resort, hands down. The boat rides from WL are magical as well, no question about it.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: