Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #1486
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Is this page 100?

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--June 1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013 & Sept. 2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--Aug. 2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013, Ruby Princess, TA--Sept. 2014

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean-- Oct. 2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2010, Dream, Bahamas--April 2012, Fantasy, Caribbean--Dec. 2013

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--Dec. 2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--May 2012

Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Crossing & Gallic Discovery--Aug. 2014

TradeWinds: Pantera, Sint Maarten--Feb. 2013

[/FONT]
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #1487
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
We got good news today. We have passed all the hurdles with the house and we are a go. We close on Jan 29th.

We will be Floridians very soon.
Congratulations. Almost there and then you can breathe again.
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #1488
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
January 6 is Epiphany, or 12th Night, the 12th Day of Christmas. It is the day that the Wise Men are said to have arrived at Bethlehem. In Italy, that's when La Bafana travels looking for the babe, and leaves small gifts for all the children because she can't find the babe.
We sometimes leave it up, but Sulley has limited patience with having all the stuff around!

I'll hang my head in shame. As a teacher in a Catholic school I should have realised that!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #1489
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I think the first thing we need to do is get our name and graphic set.

We can do both shirts and lanyards too.

The thing with shirts we've always done is everyone makes their own and wore them on embarkation day for the group gathering. We found lots of our group in the terminal and had lots of fun there!
Maybe if they were done up as a file and we can print them ourselves onto transfer paper and do them at home?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #1490
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Is anyone on the cruise from Oregon? We're looking at driving from Seattle to LA and would like to explore from Seattle to San Francisco. We will have almost a week to spend touring going on my estimations. I'd love some ideas of must-see and must-do things.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #1491
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

QUOTE=philatiger;47139332]We got good news today. We have passed all the hurdles with the house and we are a go. We close on Jan 29th.

We will be Floridians very soon.[/QUOTE]

Congrats...very happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Is this page 100?
we did it!!

Well today will be kinda of quiet day here, just going to go to work and have lunch with the girls...they wanted me to bring Isabella in when she got here, so thats are very exciting plans for today.

Have a good one
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1492
Ccann
Mouseketeer

I gave up waiting last night I didn't want to take all the glory
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #1493
Jitensha
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Is anyone on the cruise from Oregon? We're looking at driving from Seattle to LA and would like to explore from Seattle to San Francisco. We will have almost a week to spend touring going on my estimations. I'd love some ideas of must-see and must-do things.
I would go to Yosemite, definitely.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #1494
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
I gave up waiting last night I didn't want to take all the glory
Thanks, that was very kind of you Angie
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #1495
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Happy almost Friday!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #1496
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Maryann,

I don't live in Oregon but live near San Francisco. In winter some of the roads in the northwest can get pretty bad (depending on how much it rains or snows). It's pretty hard to predict in advance, however. Some years are pretty dry and other years we get lots of precipitation. This year there were road closures on Interstate 5 (the main road) around Christmas time. You may want to take that into consideration as I'm guessing you will be here during our winter. Most of San Francisco to LA should be fine. This is a LOT of area to try and cover in just 1 week. You might consider focusing on seeing a smaller area in more depth. If you have any specific questions I can answer I'd be happy to help.

My mom and I visited Portland in the spring not too long ago. The Columbia River Gorge is a beautiful area and shouldn't be missed. There is a lot to see right outside of Portland, OR.

Hope that helps a bit--Angie

Last edited by MinnieCruzer; 01-11-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #1497
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitensha

I would go to Yosemite, definitely.
Would part if it be closed if it snows? We went to Yellowstone just after New Years last year and it was closed to all but snow coaches.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #1498
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer
Hi Maryann,

I don't live in Oregon but live near San Francisco. In winter some of the roads in the northwest can get pretty bad (depending on how much it rains or snows). It's pretty hard to predict in advance, however. Some years are pretty dry and other years we get lots of precipitation. This year there were road closures on Interstate 5 (the main road) around Christmas time. You may want to take that into consideration as I'm guessing you will be here during our winter. Most of San Francisco to LA should be fine. This is a LOT of area to try and cover in just 1 week. You might consider focusing on seeing a smaller area in more depth. If you have any specific questions I can answer I'd be happy to help.

My mom and visited Portland in the spring not too long ago. The Columbia River Gorge is a beautiful area and shouldn't be missed. There is a lot to see right outside of Portland, OR.

Hope that helps a bit--Angie
Thank you. We did the San Fran to LA drive last year and we thought we would see Seattle to San Fran this time. We've got friends just out of SF that we will see then just drive straight to Anaheim from there. I'd like to see Butchart Gardens, the SkyNeedle, the redwoods or sequoias and some other things. I've sent away to the Oregon tourism people for some brochures. I emailed last night so they should be here in a few weeks.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #1499
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98

Would part if it be closed if it snows? We went to Yellowstone just after New Years last year and it was closed to all but snow coaches.
I would love to go see Yellowstone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98

Thank you. We did the San Fran to LA drive last year and we thought we would see Seattle to San Fran this time. We've got friends just out of SF that we will see then just drive straight to Anaheim from there. I'd like to see Butchart Gardens, the SkyNeedle, the redwoods or sequoias and some other things. I've sent away to the Oregon tourism people for some brochures. I emailed last night so they should be here in a few weeks.
Sounds very fun, I never heard of the sky needle, I would like to visit the redwoods myself.... Happy planning!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #1500
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Thank you. We did the San Fran to LA drive last year and we thought we would see Seattle to San Fran this time. We've got friends just out of SF that we will see then just drive straight to Anaheim from there. I'd like to see Butchart Gardens, the SkyNeedle, the redwoods or sequoias and some other things. I've sent away to sse Oregon tourism people for some brochures. I emailed last night so they should be here in a few weeks.
We haven't been north of SF either. Would love to see the Butchart gardens and the redwoods. Wine country up there too if you love wine.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: