Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
DaniH
Earning My Ears

Anyone ever stay at Disney Hilton Head?

I don't know if this forum is the place for this or not but I'd love some opinions if anyone has stayed there. Normally I would just automatically go for the Disney property assuming it would be worth the money but there a lot of places with better locations on HH that cost a lot less. Love to hear what you guys think of the place.
DaniH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

You might want to check out the Hilton Head Lovers thread on the DVC board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989534
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniH View Post
I don't know if this forum is the place for this or not but I'd love some opinions if anyone has stayed there. Normally I would just automatically go for the Disney property assuming it would be worth the money but there a lot of places with better locations on HH that cost a lot less. Love to hear what you guys think of the place.
For me it is a great location. We love the marsh side resort and the beach side clubhouse. Big fans!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
mimmi
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in Noveber on our way from Washington DC to WDW and loved it, but for us, the main purpose of visiting Hilton Head was the Disney property.

We had a beautiful 2 bedroom villa, full of little Disney details and I loved the view of the marshland (it was really exotic for us, we don't have that in Austria). The only thing we didn't like was the dining facility, it's a self serving hut with limited choices and only outside seating (and the coffee was horrible).
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

i don't think disney's HHI resort is worth a premium, but if you need a disney fix, your opinion may differ...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
DaniH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
i don't think disney's HHI resort is worth a premium, but if you need a disney fix, your opinion may differ...
That's kind of what I'm worried about. Reviews I read on Trip Advisor seemed like it was not worth it but I kind of always feel like at least with Disney I know the resort will be clean and safe.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

We're DVCr's, but if I were vacationing at HHI, I'd want to be closer to the beach. I'd probably choose somewhere in Palmetto Dunes.
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
DaniH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb1 View Post
We're DVCr's, but if I were vacationing at HHI, I'd want to be closer to the beach. I'd probably choose somewhere in Palmetto Dunes.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

We're dvc, but don't own at Hilton Head. Stayed there 4 days in 2008, hated the whole scene. rude staff, dark kitchen, construction noise, no view, long way to the beach, no place on property to eat, too much time in traffic trying to get somewhere, and without GPS if you don't know where you're going, don't expect signs to tell you.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Absolutely love it. It is our favorite DVC resort.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

We stayed there last summer (we are not DVC) and we really enjoyed it! We just needed a break from the park scene...wanted a quieter place with a touch of Disney. HHH fit the bill exactly! DH played golf everyday, the kids and I went to the pool and the beach, there's a lot of shopping nearby, we went on a dolphin watch boat ride too. Our room was beautiful and we loved the marsh view, all the water birds, etc. My DS12 and I enjoyed crabbing every afternoon too. It was a really fun trip. I would probably not want to stay longer than 4-5 nights, however...that's about my limit on a slow paced vacation! But don't get me wrong, I really liked it !!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
JennStar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
We stayed there in Noveber on our way from Washington DC to WDW and loved it, but for us, the main purpose of visiting Hilton Head was the Disney property.

We had a beautiful 2 bedroom villa, full of little Disney details and I loved the view of the marshland (it was really exotic for us, we don't have that in Austria). The only thing we didn't like was the dining facility, it's a self serving hut with limited choices and only outside seating (and the coffee was horrible).
Love DIsney, but the coffee is HORRIBLE almost everywhere!! Axe the NESCAFE, Walt! ;o)

WDW (just too many times to count)
DVC since 2009
DCL :: Wonder Thxgvng cruise 2009; Fantasy Sept 2013; Dream early-2015.
JennStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
...and without GPS if you don't know where you're going, don't expect signs to tell you.
that's just hilton head in general.

i love that signage and night-time lighting is limited but it does require more planning.

there are many, many amazing restaurants on HHI - it would be silly for the disney resort to have an onsite restaurant unless they were really ready to step up and compete.

i definitely prefer locations closer to the beach, though.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
Peanut
Mouseketeer

I loved Hilton Head! Ive never stayed at the Disney resort though. I think it would be really wonderful to have a little Disney in such an awesome place. It's been 15 years since I've been to Hilton Head. I need to go back! I also visited Savannah Georgia while I was there. It's a short drive but it's completely worth the effort. Savannah has beautiful architecture and many cool historical buildings.
Pop Oct '04, CBR Oct '06, CSR Dec '07, POR Nov '08, ASMu Mar '13, POFQ Dec '14
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: