Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #31
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Love the pics from the wedding, thanks for sharing Can' t wait to hear more about your trip.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #32
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to you both, you make a lovely couple! Thanks for sharing your dining reviews with us, and I love that you also included some of your engagement and wedding photos. It looks like it was a beautiful, magical event.

Looking forward to more!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #33
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Hi Michelle, I just found this and I am so happy you are doing this
We are looking at doing a Disneymoon too, not sure how many days and was looking getting the deluxe dinning plan. Since you do go to Disney so often, Have you even gotten the Tables in Wonderland card? Looking forward to more
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

2012DisneyWorldBride I am enjoying reading your thread. Your pictures and posts are really good. I am Disneymooning this June. Could you please, when you have a chance, read my honeymoon itinerary and post your thoughts and suggestions on the thread? The link is below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #35
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Congrats from another disney bride :-)

Loving the report and the wedding pictures
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #36
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! Great reviews!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #37
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

50's Prime Time Cafe

Monday December 10, 2012

We woke up and headed to MGM... I mean Hollywood Studios. We got there early and decided to get a fast pass for Rockin Rollercoaster and ride Tower of Terror. After our rides we headed to 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch. It was about 12:00 pm, but we had a 12:20 pm reservation. We checked in at the front desk and told them we were early and that we wanted to have a "FUN" waiter or waitress. They sat up very quickly. Our waiters name was Richard B... those of you that are going will want to remember his name. We played along a lot too, but he was very fun.

Inside

Our Table

For my drink, I upgraded and paid for the kids pirate punch because it was in a Ariel glass and had a glow Ariel. I didnt want the punch so our waiter ended up putting my soda in the cup.

For appetizer I ordered the Onion Rings. Which came out in this super cute fry basket. They were really tasty! I usually dip onion rings in ketchup, so I did not try the sauce that came with.

For my meal I ordered Moms Favorite Platter. Which I did not get a pic of, but it has fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast with mashed and gravy, green beans and carrots, and some kind of green - that I swear they put on there because no one eats it and they can yell at you for not eating your vegetables. I wasnt real fond of the meatloaf... it had good falvor but tasted like a ton of bread crumbs in it. The chicken was good, but my favorite was the pot roast. It was so tender and yummy!
For dessert I ordered the brownie sundae which of course was good!!

Jeff ordered for his appetizer the crab avacado salad, which he said was good.

Jeff ordered Moms Favorite Platter too for his meal. He liked the meatloaf the best, and then the chicken, and then the pot roast. But he liked it all. Again no picture sorry.
Jeff ordered the smores for his dessert. He thought they were very good. I tried to get him to order the peanut butter and jelly shake... cause he loves peanut butter and jelly, but he couldnt picture the taste and decided against it. I told him I heard it was really good.

Other Pictures....

Richard

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #38
2012DisneyWorldBride

50's Prime Time Cafe Part 2

Now our watier, Richard, did the usual things like no cell phones at the table, no elbows on the table, told us to eat our vegetables. BUT we played along ALOT too. Jeff decided to make a house or something out of his vegetables after he told him to eat them. And of course Jeff got yelled at for playing with his food. We then made a point to leave some food on the table top, and Richard said we had to clean up cause he wasnt doing it. Then I had a extra napkin and since there are crayons on the table for kids, I wrote on the napkin I HATE VEGETABLES and after Richard saw it he made a big deal and said well they hate you too. Then after that I waved my white napkin around over my head to tell Richard I was done with my dessert... and that made Richard go nuts. When I asked for a refil on my kids size soda, when he brought it abck out he was singing like Ariel and had put a glow club in my drink and then turned out the light above us for mood lighting since we were on our honeymoon. And he brought Jeff out the light up buzz light year so he wouldnt be jealous. We were constantly telling richard to get to work. Then at some point there was a lady wondering around the restaurant that sat behind us and he was yelling stranger danger and told her family to put a leash on her. Like I said, Richard was a lot of fun, but so were we. Why not right? We wanted to have a great time at lunch there, and we def did. I was laughing so hard.

Our total with gratuity and tax came to $89.52

Michelle's Reviews
Meal:
Ambiance - Not really ambiance, more like fun of restaurant::thumbsup 2
Overall:
Would I eat here again? Yes and ask for Richard

Jeff's Reviews
Meal:
Ambiance - Not really ambiance, more like fun of restaurant::thumbsup 2
Overall:
Would Jeff eat here again? Yes and ask for Richard

After lunch we headed to watch American Idol and after that we decided to head out, the sky was looking like soem rain and I had to get ready for Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner that night.

Cinderella's Royal Table coming up next!!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 01-21-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
2012DisneyWorldBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin Disney View Post
Wow, what an amazing way to start off your marriage! You look BEAUTIFUL and so very happy. Congratulations to the newly weds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Congratulations!! Love the pics from the wedding, thanks for sharing Can' t wait to hear more about your trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Congratulations to you both, you make a lovely couple! Thanks for sharing your dining reviews with us, and I love that you also included some of your engagement and wedding photos. It looks like it was a beautiful, magical event.

Looking forward to more!
Tahnk you for your nice comments! More to come soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Hi Michelle, I just found this and I am so happy you are doing this
We are looking at doing a Disneymoon too, not sure how many days and was looking getting the deluxe dinning plan. Since you do go to Disney so often, Have you even gotten the Tables in Wonderland card? Looking forward to more
Jodi!!!
No we have not done the Tables in Wonderland Card. Before when were planning our honeymoon Jeff and me looked at it and decided the DDP would work better for us. Plus I think I heard that they are rising the price of the card or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
2012DisneyWorldBride I am enjoying reading your thread. Your pictures and posts are really good. I am Disneymooning this June. Could you please, when you have a chance, read my honeymoon itinerary and post your thoughts and suggestions on the thread? The link is below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090
I will take a look at it tomorrow and give you my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
Congrats from another disney bride :-)

Loving the report and the wedding pictures
Awww thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswindsor View Post
Congrats!!! Great reviews!!!
Thank you... more coming soon!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #40
2012DisneyWorldBride

Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner

We had a 6:50 dinner reservation for Cinderella’s Royal Table. I had always wanted to eat at the castle and growing up I never did get the chance too. In case you all are wondering, yes I do find castles and princess still so magical, and I do have a favorite princess – Ariel. We had planned for this dinner, and I had bought a short white dress to wear. At Disney there is a rule that you are not allowed to wear your wedding dress in the park, so this was a close to a wedding dress that I was going to get. And actually as we were planning our wedding before we went with the larger and more expensive Wishes wedding, we were originally going to do a smaller Escape wedding which doesn’t include a wedding reception, so we were going to eat at the castle that night, but since we changed plans with the wedding to have a reception we went to Cinderella’s Royal Table on another night. Anyways, back on track….

We arrived at Magic Kingdom about 6:00ish. Since we were staying at Grand Floridian it was very easy to get there. We walked in and took some pictures up main street. Finally, we arrived at the castle about 6:15 pm. They were predicting showers to be coming in later this evening, so we were hoping that we would get to the castle and be able to watch Wishes from inside if the weather held up. We tried to check in and were told we were just a little too early, we explained then that we had just got married at Disney and were on our honeymoon and that we would really really LOVE a window seat to be able to see the fireworks. They said they would do their best and to come back to check in in like 10 mins or so… and directed us to head over to Biddy Bobbidy Boo salon to get pixie dusted. We headed over there and the fairy god mother did a really neat ceremony and got glitter all over me… which I LOVED but Jeff not so much… LOL he didn’t really want glitter all over his suit… LOL but he thought it was really cute. Then we headed back over to check in again. They took us in to get our picture with Cinderella, which came out super cute. Then they told us to wait a few minutes on a bench because they were working on getting us a very special window seat. A few minutes later they called us. We went walking up the stairs, and of course I was in amazement. We then got walked over to a perfect table… a table for 2 right up against the window… YAY!!!!! I was crazy with excitement. We sat down and our waiter came over to ask if we knew what we wanted to drink, so we ordered that first. Since Jeff and I do not drink, we each got sodas and I loved the blue goblets that the drinks came in, our waiter then came back to find out if we knew what we wanted for appetizer and meal… we told him not yet… On a side not, I had told Jeff to kind of order and eat slow at this restaurant because we wanted to be there for the fireworks. So… like 2 minutes later our waiter comes back over to ask if we knew yet… boy was he trying to flip our table quick… He wasn’t the best waiter, with being how expensive it is to eat there and with it being the restaurant inside Cinderella’s Castle, I would have thought the servers would be top notch and really nice and friendly… well not him. On our receipt I cant read what his name was otherwise, I would tell you all that way you could ask for anyone BUT HIM. Finally, we then decided to make him come back because of how pushy he was being, that ought to teach him… I was thinking to myself this idiot better not ruin my perfect dinner at the castle!! He did get better after we ordered though… not great but better. I had to ask him for the little girl’s star wand… I mean he could see how into the castle and princesses I was; he could have offered one (I’ve heard of other adults getting one). He just wasnt very magical!
Sorry about the pics not being the best... the lighting is weird in there.

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 01-21-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #41
2012DisneyWorldBride

I ordered the castle salad which was very tasty. The beef tenderloin for dinner which was AMAZING! And the flourless chocolate cake for dessert which was really good.

Jeff ordered the rock shrimp cocktail which he said was okay. The beef tenderloin for dinner which he said was very tender and tasty. And the chef trio of dessert which Jeff scarfed down.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #42
2012DisneyWorldBride

Michelle's Reviews
Meal -
Ambiance -
Overall -
Would I eat here again? YES!!!! We will be on 12/8/13!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
2012DisneyWorldBride

Jeff's Reviews
Meal -
Ambiance -
Overall -
Would Jeff eat here again? YES!!!! We will be on 12/8/13!!! It was nice to see Michelle so happy with being at the castle for dinner.
Our total with tax and tip was $140.00.

Now we get to the good part, we ended up getting our desserts right for the start of Wishes. Which I have a bone to pick with some people on disboards… people say you cant really see the fireworks from inside and that the dinner isn’t that good. Ill touch on the meal first, our meal was very very good, we have actually made plans that when we visit Disney for our 1 year anniversary that our actually anniversary dinner we will go to Cinderella’s Royal Table to eat because of how good it was. As you can see by reading along with this dining review... we ate at a lot of signatures and really good places, but this hands down was my favorite.

Now… onto the fact that you can absolutely see the fireworks GREAT from inside (at least we could with our seat by the window). Jeff looked over as the Wishes music was being piped in and I was looking out the windows at the fireworks, and I couldn’t help but to start bawling my eyes out. It was so perfect, we were in the castle, on our honeymoon, listening to Wishes, and SEEING the fireworks. It was all just so magical. Jeff was so happy to see me so happy. I just couldn’t help to think about our wedding that had just happened and how amazing everything was… including that I got to marry my best friend. I think that’s when he agreed that we have to come back for our anniversary and eat at the castle again on 12/8/13.

As Wishes was ending it started pouring outside… perfect timing, at least we got to watch Wishes!!! So, we ate our desserts slowly and I ordered coffee. Finally, it looked like it was letting up ever so slightly and we thought we should probably head out. We were going to stay for the EMH that night, but I checked radar and there was tons of raining coming including some bad bad weather, so we decided to head back to GF. Well….. I had on that short WHITE dress and my 5.5 inch wedding day heels with rhinestones on them… UMMM yeah not ruining my shoes!!!! So, thank goodness I had ponchos with us that we put on and I took off my heels to head over to Sir Mickeys to buy some flip flops and get a bag for my WHITE purse and wedding day heels. Well…. Sir Mickeys didn’t have ANY shoes?!?!?!!? They said we should try the Emporium on Main Street, so I walked barefoot over there in the rain with hundreds of people trying to leave magic kingdom. LOL Im sure Disney wouldn’t have liked that, so we stopped at the Emporium to look for some cute flip flops that I would possibly wear again if we had to spend the $ on them (keep in mind we were maxed out with our budget on the wedding and honeymoon and tried to not spend too too much money on stupid things). In the Emporium we saw a manager type person and explained what had happened and that we were looking for flip flops or shoes… we he directed us to the only shoes they had which were crocs. Well Im not big on crocs, no offense to anyone they are super comfy (which I learned) but just not my style really. So we asked if they had anything else and that if we were going to spend the money on shoes I wanted to be able to wear them again. So… the super nice manager gave me the croc flip flops for free… that was super nice of him. I know they really didn’t want me walking any further barefoot.

We headed back to GF for bed after a long magical day.
Earl Of Sandwich and Holiday D-Lights Tour coming up next!!!!!

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 01-21-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #44
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Love your review so far. We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table last April and enjoyed it a lot. My hubby actually proposed to me there on that trip and trust me I was very shocked. The restaurant holds a special memory there for me! Can't wait to read more of your wedding and honeymoon! Congrats!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #45
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your wedding! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: