Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Keep in mind the rooms at WL were just all redone!
Were all the rooms redone or just certain sections?
Also, how important is the view at WL? It's a little more for a woods view but I'm not sure if it's necessary.
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes View Post
Were all the rooms redone or just certain sections?
Also, how important is the view at WL? It's a little more for a woods view but I'm not sure if it's necessary.
I believe ALL the rooms in the Lodge were redone-not the Villas. We had a Woods View and requested highest floor without an enclosed balcony and a view of wishes. We were over a nice pond and could see the lake all the way to the right. We could watch the higher fireworks from Magic Kingdom from our balcony every night! I think the Woods View was worth it! I loved the location of our room! It was so private-we could have our sliding balcony door open and get nice fresh air without anyone seeing in!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

All of the rooms were done, and they look wonderful.

Here are some pics of a bunk bed room

Here was our "woods view" (we were on CL but this is still possible from high woods view floor)

We absolutely LOVED the WL
We honestly felt that the vibe and decor there was more "deluxe" than the Poly.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

WL has that great Americana feel to it...just like its supposed too..the whole national parks vibe. We love it!! Even though, we arent staying there thius April...we wil certainly visit!!
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
Karabee
DIS Veteran

I agree that WL still feels deluxe. I think while the monorail resorts might be what many think of when they think "deluxe" each Deluxe gives off a great feel that's not captured by the Mods or Values (just personal opinion). In fact, I felt the most "deluxe" while at SSR so you never know! The lobby at WL alone feels Deluxe

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #21
toonaspie
Just a poser

You gotta keep in mind that not all deluxe hotels are going to be alike in their infrastructure. It's kinda tough to compare a hotel that was built in 1971 to one that was built in 1994. You could consider the WL as slightly below the monorail resorts but nonetheless it's still a deluxe level due to the high amount of amenities and theming the hotel provides.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #22
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

We just got back from the GF and we booked a bounce back to WL while we were there. With all the problems with the monorail, we feel that WL gives us a better value for our money. WL has smaller rooms, but that is the only disadvantage we can see. WL is a beautiful and intimate resort with excellent and dependable transportation.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

WL is not as deluxe as the Poly is and isn't meant to be - which is why it is priced lower than the Poly. The way AAA explained it to me was that WL and AKL were the lower level of the deluxe category with smaller rooms and smaller pricetags.

That being said - IMO, the lobby is much more impressive than the Poly - it completely took my breath away when I walked in there for the first, second and just about every time I walk in it! The rooms just are so-so - they are fine - please don't flame me WL lovers - but they are on the smaller side and to me, they felt darker with the dark wood and carpet and such. But again, they were just fine for us. I would pay the extra money for a view whether it was Woods or Courtyard - we had the garbage and delivery area and didn't use the balcony at all for that reason.

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: