Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #2416
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Since Disney had discontinued their pet products . I have to brag about this we just got our little well not so little now puppy a new collar, custom made by someone we know.

Who's the cutest doggie in the world!? Oh my gosh, Lilo is just a sweetie, Venom! But I'm telling you, when I get back from POR I'm going to upload a pic of my shepherd/husky mix wearing Mickey ears, and THEN we'll talk about who's the cutest.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #2417
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Also, can I just say how nice it is to see so many other Canadians frequenting this board?

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #2418
FancyNancy
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
If we'd prefer two queen beds as opposed to a king, how would we go about requesting that? Would it be the same process as how people request specific buildings? I'd love if someone could walk me through it, I've never done that before.
We arrive ar POR on the same day! Are you in the April facebook group by any chance?

Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #2419
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

We are booked in a standard room for March 10-16 I am planning to call this week to make a room request. I know that we are hoping to stay in the mansion section rather than the AB section. Besides that, I'm just hoping to get as close to the food court as possible. What floor doesn't really matter...anything else about location is not a concern. We are just hoping to be as close to the food court as possible. How should I go about this request? Should I just ask to be as close to the food court as possible and let them handle it from there? I'm thinking the less specific the better right? I'm thinking if I request a specific building and all that I may be less likely to get the request...correct? Or no? I've never done this before so I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks a ton!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #2420
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy

We arrive ar POR on the same day! Are you in the April facebook group by any chance?
I'm not. I didn't even know there was one!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #2421
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwagain518 View Post
DH and I are somewhat picky coffee drinkers who drink a LOT of coffee, and I wasn't thrilled with the brand that they give at the resorts, so last trip I ordered mine from coffeerocket.com when I placed my regular keurig k-cup order. The brand that I ordered was Donut Shop Classics-DH likes his coffee bolder than I do so I ordered dark roast for him and regular for myself. They were about $5 for a box of 15 pods. I just reordered last week for our upcoming trip!
Thanks so much for the info! I understand about being a picky coffee drinker. I've been a Barista for the last 13 years, and I have unlimited access to amazing espresso everyday at work. Disney is good at so many things, coffee, sadly, is not one of them.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #2422
FancyNancy
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I'm not. I didn't even know there was one!
I'm on my kindle right now so unfortunately I can't put up a link but if you'd like I can pm you one tomorrow when I am on my PC. There is also another girl in the group arriving at POR the very same day!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #2423
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

Question

So I just booked a Royal Guest room (no view) just wondering how far the walk will be to the food court and pool? The only other thing available would be a regular gardenview room 9not royal)...wondering if that might be closer for us???

Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #2424
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

We are heading to POR June 15th-22nd. I booked a standard room since we are driving down and plan on driving to most of the parks. Also, the views don't really bother us. I was wondering where I should request. Even though we are a family of 4, could I request the AB rooms with the murphy bed? I know those are used for 5 member families. Have any of you stayed in standard rooms before? If so what would you recommend for our request? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! We are so excited to go June can't come fast enough!!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #2425
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoodb00 View Post
We are heading to POR June 15th-22nd. I booked a standard room since we are driving down and plan on driving to most of the parks. Also, the views don't really bother us. I was wondering where I should request. Even though we are a family of 4, could I request the AB rooms with the murphy bed? I know those are used for 5 member families. Have any of you stayed in standard rooms before? If so what would you recommend for our request? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! We are so excited to go June can't come fast enough!!
Very good descriptions of room categories and locations located here.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Plus that site is filled with aweome POR/POFQ information. It's run by Andre a very frequent poster on this thread!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #2426
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Very good descriptions of room categories and locations located here.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Plus that site is filled with aweome POR/POFQ information. It's run by Andre a very frequent poster on this thread!
Thanks for the quick reply! I will definitely use that site as part of my planning

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #2427
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm on my kindle right now so unfortunately I can't put up a link but if you'd like I can pm you one tomorrow when I am on my PC. There is also another girl in the group arriving at POR the very same day!
another Mainer arriving on April 28th - May 4th to POR!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #2428
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

First Timer what are some must do or see at the resort? I getting to French Quarter a pain I really want to try the Beignets!!

Also is the request fax # the one that is in the blog if you select the link on page 1 about rooms or has it changed?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #2429
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Also, can I just say how nice it is to see so many other Canadians frequenting this board?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #2430
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Who's the cutest doggie in the world!? Oh my gosh, Lilo is just a sweetie, Venom! But I'm telling you, when I get back from POR I'm going to upload a pic of my shepherd/husky mix wearing Mickey ears, and THEN we'll talk about who's the cutest.
As soon as I got home for the night I took a little bit of me time an played some pc games. But I am back on for a few hours. Thank you for the compliment and look forward to seeing the Shepard mix! But don't let it get to far off topic. lol. We don't want to upset the topic police! lol.

Anyone who needs help I am on the clock for a few hours.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: