Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Ha! One at a time

We haven't received ours yet but I am looking forward to it!

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #17
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay for a mini trip!!!

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend

Hope your meal is great and weather is wonderful
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Ha! One at a time

We haven't received ours yet but I am looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay for a mini trip!!!

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend

Hope your meal is great and weather is wonderful
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Cruise Plans: Day One-Rough Draft(1/13/13)

CRUISE PLANS: DAY ONE

HAPPY SUNDAY DIS FRIENDS!!!

I'm currently waiting forever for my CM site to load to see what my schedule is for next Saturday so I figured I'd update while I have some time before my day gets crazy! And just like last week and yesterday, I was not scheduled so I'll be finding a CP friend to try and take his/her shift!

Have you heard all the rave about the "magic bands" and all that jazz? We were told last week that on Tuesday we would be doing the swipe to pay with the room keys and yesterday they were not doing it! Here's the kicker IMO, they told us that Guest Relations at the parks are not operational with the system yet so if the "pins" get blocked for too many attempts, you have to go to a resort to have it fixed.....You have to wonder sometimes!!!!

Anyways..that's your what's going on in the "World" News!!

CRUISE TIME!!!!!!

SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013

Our plans are still up in the air for where we are staying the night before.

DBF does not know if he will fly or drive in the day before. We have tossed around the idea of just staying at my apt since he wants to leave things here anyways, staying at POP (hoping for king bed), staying at POR, or a deluxe like Poly or CR since they are expensive and I can get 60% + it's only one night.

In any event, we have decided that for my belated birthday dinner we are going to...

I have a CM Holiday 50% off meal coupon and I've decided I want to use it on there. When my brother and I went a few years ago we had a great meal and I'd like to go back again!

The original plan was that my parents would be coming down Thurs-Mon and we would all go on Sat night after DBF arrived but now they might not be coming because of Dad's new job and moving back to Pittsburgh. We shall see I guess. It's too bad they couldn't come after the cruise but flights are crazy and resort room prices are almost double even at the CM 50% off rates!

SO BASICALLY...

Everything is up in the air and hopefully by the first of March I'll know more haha. This is a rough go at it for now!!

What do I do know is that by this day I'll be 100% packed..or mostly packed and ready to go!!!!

I've also decided to add in a special "ASK A CRUISE QUESTION" for those that have gone and might know the answer so here goes the first one:

"ASK A CRUISE QUESTION"
~I've read reports that say that it's smart to bring a power strip for your cabin to charge electronic devices but also read that you might not be allowed to have them...CAN YOU BRING POWER STRIPS FOR YOUR CABIN??

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

I am not too thrilled with magic band. Maybe after they work out kinks and get it working correctly, I will change my mind. I think it is crazy only way to fix it is to go back to your resort

That is a great discount you get on hotels

Never been on a cruise, so not sure on your question. Will be curious to hear the answer
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Somehow I missed this PTR til just now! I just noticed it in your siggie from my PTR!!

Ok, first let me say that y'all are two of the most adorable people I've ever seen! I love how happy you look in your pics!!

I only got to read the first update, but I will be back to read more a little later! Can't wait to read all of your plans (I am a schedule person too!)! We will definitely have to look for each other on the Dream!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
The Marsons
Port Orleans Crazy!

Hi, really looking forward to hearing about your trip. I am a teacher from England who is cruising for the first time on the Dream in August!

Have a great Sunday!

Sarah
October 2008 - POR
February 2011 - GF
August 2011 - AKL, AKL CL, POR

The Marsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
I am not too thrilled with magic band. Maybe after they work out kinks and get it working correctly, I will change my mind. I think it is crazy only way to fix it is to go back to your resort

That is a great discount you get on hotels

Never been on a cruise, so not sure on your question. Will be curious to hear the answer
I'm not thrilled about them either! I thought they would be like the ones at Great Wolf Lodge (much like the WDW party bracelets) but they seem really big and bulky but I guess you can take them off at night unlike the other ones? I think they have a lot of issues to work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Somehow I missed this PTR til just now! I just noticed it in your siggie from my PTR!!

Ok, first let me say that y'all are two of the most adorable people I've ever seen! I love how happy you look in your pics!!

I only got to read the first update, but I will be back to read more a little later! Can't wait to read all of your plans (I am a schedule person too!)! We will definitely have to look for each other on the Dream!!
You inspired me to start a PTR as well. I used to do PTR/TR all the time before I moved back down and have fallen behind with a yearly report of sorts but I'm glad to be reporting on the cruise!!!

Thank you so much for the kind comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marsons View Post
Hi, really looking forward to hearing about your trip. I am a teacher from England who is cruising for the first time on the Dream in August!

Have a great Sunday!

Sarah
I can't wait till March, I can't imagine August!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
KenziesMom4712
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
HI DIS FRIENDS OLD AND NEW!!!

Guess What!!!??

I'm going on my *First Disney Cruise!!!*

You can follow us on our journey as we prepare for the Disney Dream in 75 days!! Hope you enjoy

CHAPTERS:

EXPLANATION OF THE TITLE (1/8/13)

TRIP DETAILS (1/8/13)

DREAM DETAILS (1/8/13)

MINI 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY TRIP DETAILS (1/10/13)

CRUISE PLANS: DAY ONE-ROUGH DRAFT (1/13/13)

hehehehe does your bff know everything and even more about recent trips, future trips, the future...JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING... Love you!!!

KenziesMom4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #25
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenziesmom4712 View Post
hehehehe does your bff know everything and even more about recent trips, future trips, the future...just about everything... Love you!!!
love you too!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #26
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

6 month anniversary plans (1/16/13)

6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY PLANS!

HAPPY THURSDAY DIS FRIENDS!!!

I figured I would update one last time before I head out for the weekend

The other day, I woke up and thought, maybe we should add Friday night to POFQ but as I was thinking that, DBF had other plans...

While texting on my lunch, he was thinking the same thing..except he was thinking about things on a much more GRAND scale! He decided between: AOA, SSR, CR (Theme Pk View), Poly Standard, and GF Garden..what did he pick!???....

THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GF and AOA are the only two resorts I've never stayed at so I get to check another off my list At 60% off CM Rate it was $250 (no DDP). We also switched Narcoossee to Friday night too

Here is the current schedule:

FRIDAY JAN 18: DBF will drop me off at work and will pick me back up at 4. We will head to GF and check in with Valet parking! You have to do Valet parking with one night at GF! We will get our room and get ready for dinner at Narcoossee at 6:15pm. After dinner Dis friend Erin will come by with her DBF, his DD, and her DD so I can do princess hair! We will watch Wishes at 8pm and hopefully try out the pool area and explore the resort and maybe possibly walk over to Poly.

SATURDAY JAN 19: DBF and I will leave GF mid day, depending on if we can get late check-out at GF or not. We will head over to POFQ to check in and have lunch! We talked about going to Cirque but it's dark this week. We talked about a movie but there's nothing good playing for Fork and Screen. We talked about going to Splitsville but it's kinda pricey after 5pm. I have free passes for Mini Golf and Disney Quest so that might be an option. I have free passes for a water park but it's supposed to turn cold...BASICALLY Saturday is up in the air...

SUNDAY JAN 20: My Aunt and Uncle will be coming up from South Tampa for the day and we will be heading to DHS and Epcot! I'm excited to share the parks with them and they are thankful for the free day ticket! No clue where we will eat and when!

MONDAY JAN 21: We will hope for late check-out and hang around the resort plus sleep in! We will head for the airport at 5pm and the vacation will be over!

I'm counting down the hours and look forward to seeing how the weekend goes and what we end up doing! The temps will be in the low 70s so I'm struggling with how and what to pack (as if I live far away).

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #27
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Sounds like a great mini vacation!!

Have fun
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #28
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Sounds like a great mini vacation!!

Have fun
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #29
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

I am enjoying your trip report. I have never done a cruise before so I am excited to read all about it.

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04
mistydoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #30
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydoodles View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. I have never done a cruise before so I am excited to read all about it.
Hope you enjoy!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: