Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey.
I use MFP too-- but I get frustrated looking up the equivalent to whatever I make.

Catch up tomorrow.
I had that problem too but I've discovered that you can actually add your recipes. That gives me a more "exact" total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Thursday, January 10, 2013:

What is going to make the difference for you this time? Are you trying to eat "healthy" rather than just to lose weight? Are you starting regular exercise for the first time? Did you have a health scare that pushed you in the right direction? Presuming that like me, you have tried to lose weight before, what is DIFFERENT this time that is going to make you successful!

BONUS QOTD: What is your absolute TOP THREE favorite super-low cal or virtually no-cal go-to snack/drink? (Something under 50 calories for a serving would qualify here.) ......................P
Well I had blood clots and dvts 4 years ago, but this time around what finally prompted me in the right direction was my doctor mentioning the words "bariatric surgery" too me. Now I think it's a great idea for some, but the fact that I do have a blood clotting disorder, surgery is aways a scary word for me. The very next day I started logging everything and exercising and I've been consistant with it since November!

I have lately been addicted to grapes so I'll say that! I think around 15 puts you right at 50 calories!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #437
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
QOTD:

What is different this time? I guess the Disney cruise in the spring. It is a great motivator! I used to be chubby all through my childhood and teenager years and then put on a lot of weight in college until I finally decided to get my act together and lost about 50 pounds. I looked fantastic at the end and for the first time ever was feeling comfortable wearing a bikini. And I loved it! Over the years since then I had my up and downs, never got back to the college high, but neither to the college years low.

I now have a specific weight where I know that if I am at that weight or below I feel comfortable in a bikini - and I have to admit that I do have a rather "European" sense of modesty (after all I grew up here ) so I feel comfortable at a stage where others might not...

Anyway - a bikini is just so much nicer in the sun and in the water than a one piece bathing suit. So for the cruise I really really want to be able to wear that. My goal is actually to get to the "bikini weight" by the end of February - I will then have still some time to improve the look. This might sound silly, but it is a huge motivator and just thinking of the Disney Wonder adult pool has already helped me a few times to either make the sensible choice or just not to eat something.

I also hope that if I acchieve my overall before cruise goal, I will be so happy with where I got to that this will help me to just get into the losing mode when I come back from the trip!

Bonus QOTD:

A large mug of Earl Grey tea with a splash of milk (I even have decaffeinated Earl Grey tea for the evening).

WOW.. really? A bikini? I'm impressed! That is SO not on my radar any more! I think I was 14 the last time I wore a bikini!!

And YES, you will be SO happy with your body that then, that I am SURE you will continue to stick with the plan and stay at your goal weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
IWell I had blood clots and dvts 4 years ago, but this time around what finally prompted me in the right direction was my doctor mentioning the words "bariatric surgery" too me. Now I think it's a great idea for some, but the fact that I do have a blood clotting disorder, surgery is aways a scary word for me. The very next day I started logging everything and exercising and I've been consistant with it since November!

I have lately been addicted to grapes so I'll say that! I think around 15 puts you right at 50 calories!
Healthy scares are usually BIG motivators. Good for you for getting on track with the logging and exercise!

I love grapes when they are good (or great), but not a fan when they are just so-so. And I find them to be SO expensive, that there are a once-in-a-while treat around here rather than a staple. Plus DH can eat $10 worth of grapes in one night if I leave them in the fruit bowl! Have you tried them frozen? I never have, but people rave about them... especially in the summer. Right now we are big into grapefruit (well, at least DD and I are).

That was a loooooong morning! But the longest part of the day is over and the kids were pretty good, overall. The afternoon should go by quickly and I will be home before you know it! Dinner should be cooking along in the crockpot... it should smell delicious in my house when I get home! I've got a roaster chicken cooking in the crockpot with onions and carrots. I am also making roasted green beans and will make a small serving of potatoes for each child (DS is having salmon, as he has a chicken allergy). Believe it or not, chicken is actually a TREAT in our house. I don't serve it often because of DS's allergy. This big chicken will give us dinner tonight, leftovers for tomorrow's lunches, and stock and bits for soup or stew over the weekend. DS will be at robotics a lot over the weekend, so we will have the leftovers when he is gone.

Now that I think about it..... DS is having pizza at robotics tonight! THat is why I planned the chicken for tonight!! So I don't have to make him a separate dinner! Plus he is SO looking forward to pizza night at robotics!

I think I didn't tell you all about my special Christmas gift from my parents. I didn't really expect to get much, since they gave me a check for new snow tires and I insisted that it be my Christmas gift. My Mom had her engagment diamond reset a few years ago. For Christmas they had a new diamond put into her old ring and gave it to me! Isn't that special? It is a bit smaller than my Mom's diamond, but a beautiful bright sparkly clear stone. The ring fit perfectly, without any resizing. Nice to be wearing my Mom's band. I also inherited my grandmother's engagement ring a few years ago. I will have something nice to pass on to each child someday.

Off to have lunch with the kiddos!.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #438
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW.. really? A bikini? I'm impressed! That is SO not on my radar any more! I think I was 14 the last time I wore a bikini!!

And YES, you will be SO happy with your body that then, that I am SURE you will continue to stick with the plan and stay at your goal weight!
Well, that's why added the disclaimer about my European sense of modesty. I have plenty of friends who always go to the nude beach if one is available and their bodies are not better in shape than mine. However, that's totally not my thing!! But at the public swimming pool you see ladies in their 70 wearing bikinis - not the most skimpy ones but still stomach free. And I rather have ones that do cover more than less as well.

And thanks for the encouragement!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #439
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Wow wee...I have been so busy at work and home this week I nearly forgot to come check in!!!

Quote:

QOTD for Thursday, January 10, 2013:

What is going to make the difference for you this time? Are you trying to eat "healthy" rather than just to lose weight? Are you starting regular exercise for the first time? Did you have a health scare that pushed you in the right direction? Presuming that like me, you have tried to lose weight before, what is DIFFERENT this time that is going to make you successful!

BONUS QOTD: What is your absolute TOP THREE favorite super-low cal or virtually no-cal go-to snack/drink? (Something under 50 calories for a serving would qualify here.) ......................P
I did great in 2012 with exercise regularly and that it was made a difference for me. Life got in the way later in the year and disrupted my routine so now I'm climbing back on the horse!

Top Three
1. Water - Ice cold, absolutely nothing added
2. Fruit - low call, full of fiber
3. sugar free gum - to keep me from eating when I'm not actually physically hungry

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #440
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Well, that's why added the disclaimer about my European sense of modesty. I have plenty of friends who always go to the nude beach if one is available and their bodies are not better in shape than mine. However, that's totally not my thing!! But at the public swimming pool you see ladies in their 70 wearing bikinis - not the most skimpy ones but still stomach free. And I rather have ones that do cover more than less as well.

And thanks for the encouragement!
I like the bikinis that are a bit more covering as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
Wow wee...I have been so busy at work and home this week I nearly forgot to come check in!!!

Don't forget about us!

I did great in 2012 with exercise regularly and that it was made a difference for me. Life got in the way later in the year and disrupted my routine so now I'm climbing back on the horse!

Top Three
1. Water - Ice cold, absolutely nothing added
2. Fruit - low call, full of fiber
3. sugar free gum - to keep me from eating when I'm not actually physically hungry
Nice that you got into a good exercise routine!

Ohhh....the best laid plans..... have gone to H*LL in a handbasket!

Plan: Dad drives DD to the school to meet the bus for tonight's swim meet on his way to drive DS to robotics. Mom (me) stays home and have a precious 80 minutes to herself to catch up on laundry, dishes, Disboards, etc.

REALITY: DS forgets laptop he needs for robotics meeting, so Mom DASHES to high school to meet them so they can then proceed on to robotics. Mom decides to make the best of it and get back home for the 40 minutes she will have remaining. Then 15 minutes after she gets back home, she gets a phone call from DD that the swim meet time has been moved back a half hour and now she has to DASH out the door again to make it to the meet, hopefully on time!!

I'm so DONE with this week!!! I'll try to pop on later, but probably won't make it, as I will be home late! GOTTA FLY!................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #441
camnhan
DIS Veteran

How can I have gained weight when I have not hardly eaten since Monday night!!!!
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #442
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
How can I have gained weight when I have not hardly eaten since Monday night!!!!
MEDS!!! And probably holding a lot of fluids etc from the surgery.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #443
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

I have not had a chance to read the boards today because work as been super busy, but I had to share a great victory. I have been craving sweets like nobodies business and today I ate a cookie and TWO little mini cake things. However I counted the points for them and including my dinner I still have 2 points to spare!!
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #444
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

Just joining in. Haven't read the whole thread but hope to get to know you guys. I am Lara. Lost a little more than half what I have to lose. Still need to lose atleast 60lbs. I have a less than supportive hubby (he thinks I am starving myself by denying myself junk food- of course he can eat anything and never gain) most of my friends say they support me but ask me out to eat constantly. I have been stuck for a year now at the same weight but working on changing things up to hopefully get things moving.

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
tarzansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #445
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

ugh ugh ugh both my husband and i had physicals today.......... my BMI was 29.1 highest ever .....and my husband was 28.9......... okay I was told i was almost in obese level ...needed to meet with a nutritionist and loose weight........ my husband was told he needed to loose 5 lbs........ really?????? omg whats this difference between men and woman......UNFAIR...........now I am 5'8" shrunk a bit and I am a size 12/14....never thought of that as OBESE... yes overweight but not OBSESE....... okay rant over

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #446
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

So busy this week! I've been reading along but haven't had time to respond, husband has the flu and both kids have the stomach bug! Ugh! I've been doing good with watching my calories but no free time to exercise
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #447
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom
Just joining in. Haven't read the whole thread but hope to get to know you guys. I am Lara. Lost a little more than half what I have to lose. Still need to lose atleast 60lbs. I have a less than supportive hubby (he thinks I am starving myself by denying myself junk food- of course he can eat anything and never gain) most of my friends say they support me but ask me out to eat constantly. I have been stuck for a year now at the same weight but working on changing things up to hopefully get things moving.
Oh Lara, it's so hard when you don't have the complete support of your friends and family. They really dont mean bad, but dh's who dont gain just dont get it (i have one) and as for friends asking you out to dinner, my only advice is to suggest going for coffee instead. I do that sometimes when i really cant afford to eat out while i diet.

That's wonderful that you have lost so much already tho! Keep it up and post away here. We will be supportive!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #448
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Really quick drive by post to let you know I am still here. Have had some really exhausting days at work and am PMSing really bad. I probably won't bother to weigh in this week. Hopefully I can try to read back this weekend and at least get to the Questions of the Day.

I am off to bed 2 hours early because I am just too tired to hold my eyes open. TTYL and everyone have a great Healthy, Happy day tomorrow!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #449
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Your metabolism is shutting down from lack of food and your body I'd retaining fluid from the surgery! Stay away from the scale for now!

How's the pain control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
I have not had a chance to read the boards today because work as been super busy, but I had to share a great victory. I have been craving sweets like nobodies business and today I ate a cookie and TWO little mini cake things. However I counted the points for them and including my dinner I still have 2 points to spare!!
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom View Post
WELCOME! So glad you came ov to join us! Be sure to read page one so you understand how things are running this term!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
ugh ugh ugh both my husband and i had physicals today.......... my BMI was 29.1 highest ever .....and my husband was 28.9......... okay I was told i was almost in obese level ...needed to meet with a nutritionist and loose weight........ my husband was told he needed to loose 5 lbs........ really?????? omg whats this difference between men and woman......UNFAIR...........now I am 5'8" shrunk a bit and I am a size 12/14....never thought of that as OBESE... yes overweight but not OBSESE....... okay rant over
Sorry about the bad news. I agree about the unfairness between the sexes. DH says the word diet and loses 5pounds...then he throw his clothes on the treadmill and loses another 5! What's wrong with this!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
So busy this week! I've been reading along but haven't had time to respond, husband has the flu and both kids have the stomach bug! Ugh! I've been doing good with watching my calories but no free time to exercise
Oh my! So sorry you've been playing nurse! Prayers that everyone recovers quickly and they don't pass it to you. Good job with the calories despite the stress of the week.

Evening friends! Swim meet went well...DD took first in the 500 freestyle and second in the 200 freestyle

I've got my work clothes ironed and laid out for tomorrow, alarm is set, lunches are partially packed so I'm heading to dream land! TTY tomorrow! ..........P

Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #450
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry about the bad news. I agree about the unfairness between the sexes. DH says the word diet and loses 5pounds...then he throw his clothes on the treadmill and loses another 5! What's wrong with this!?

Evening friends! Swim meet went well...DD took first in the 500 freestyle and second in the 200 freestyle
I know exactly what you both are talking about with the men! DH stops eating 3 dinners and loses a clothing size!

And Pamela, I was thinking about you last night. DD had her second swim lesson. Watching her was amazing - she absolutely beamed every time her little face popped out of the water. I think we'll be signing up for a lot more!

I have got to go finish up last bits of packing - our flight is at 7:30am! Off to see a mouse about a medal!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: