Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Dining Rotations on the 6 night Magic Cruises

Does anyone know what the various dining rotation options are on the six night Magic Cruises?

I know that the first three nights are rotational dining, do they repeat the rotation identically for the second three nights? Just curious, anyone who has sailed already....
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Usually you do repeat the same MDRs in the same order, unless one is repeated due to the show schedule. You won't have the rotation menus the first three nights on the Magic/Wonder. The same menu will be used in all the MDRs on formal night. This is done differently on the Fantasy.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Usually you do repeat the same MDRs in the same order, unless one is repeated due to the show schedule. You won't have the rotation menus the first three nights on the Magic/Wonder. The same menu will be used in all the MDRs on formal night. This is done differently on the Fantasy.
Do you know what dining rotation to request if you would like to be in Royal court for formal night on the Fantasy?

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Kintx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj
Does anyone know what the various dining rotation options are on the six night Magic Cruises?

I know that the first three nights are rotational dining, do they repeat the rotation identically for the second three nights? Just curious, anyone who has sailed already....
On our six night Magic New Years cruise which returned last week, we had LAPPLA. Day 3 had a special NYE menu and the regular parrot cay menu was on day 4. Pirate menu was day 5 at lumieres. Character breakfast was at parrot cay on day 3.

Hope this helps!
Kintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
lbgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Do you know what dining rotation to request if you would like to be in Royal court for formal night on the Fantasy?
Here is a link with the menus and rotations for the Fantasy so that you can see what it will be for your cruise.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931947

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011

Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintx View Post
On our six night Magic New Years cruise which returned last week, we had LAPPLA. Day 3 had a special NYE menu and the regular parrot cay menu was on day 4. Pirate menu was day 5 at lumieres. Character breakfast was at parrot cay on day 3.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, this gives me and idea that it might not be LAPLAP, PLAPLA or ALPLP or APLAPL.

Quote:
Here is a link with the menus and rotations for the Fantasy so that you can see what it will be for your cruise.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931947
Thanks, but I think they might do it different on the Magic than the Fantasy since the travel different routes and ports.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
lbgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Thanks, but I think they might do it different on the Magic than the Fantasy since the travel different routes and ports.
I posted that link in response to post quoted above it that requested the information, not your cruise.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Forgive me if I sound dense, I'm taking the 6 Night Magic next week. One of my fellow cruisers called and got the nights for dinner. It is:

1st night- Cruise casual
2nd night- Formal
3rd night- Cruise casual
4th night- Pirate
5th night- Semi formal
6th night- Cruise casual

The only dining concern that I have at all is that we see the show in AP. I don't care what night or what rotation or anything like that. I do have a Palo dinner booked for the 5th night.

You mentioned that we will not have the rotational menus the first three nights (which, again, I'm not concerned about) but will the room still "perform" in AP if we are in there? Or do you only get the performance when they have their rotational menu.

I know I must sound like one of those crazy overplanners, but really I just want to show my boyfriend the magic of the color-changing Disney dining room.

I suppose the only thing to hope for is that we don't get AP on night 5. Seems a simple enough wish, no?
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
Kintx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwatercraftPilot

Forgive me if I sound dense, I'm taking the 6 Night Magic next week. One of my fellow cruisers called and got the nights for dinner. It is:

1st night- Cruise casual
2nd night- Formal
3rd night- Cruise casual
4th night- Pirate
5th night- Semi formal
6th night- Cruise casual

The only dining concern that I have at all is that we see the show in AP. I don't care what night or what rotation or anything like that. I do have a Palo dinner booked for the 5th night.

You mentioned that we will not have the rotational menus the first three nights (which, again, I'm not concerned about) but will the room still "perform" in AP if we are in there? Or do you only get the performance when they have their rotational menu.

I know I must sound like one of those crazy overplanners, but really I just want to show my boyfriend the magic of the color-changing Disney dining room.

I suppose the only thing to hope for is that we don't get AP on night 5. Seems a simple enough wish, no?

For the 12/29 sailing I did have a show on the 2nd night. Here's what it looked like day by day for my rotation:

1st night - Cruise casual, Lumiere's, French dinner
2nd night - Cruise casual, Animator's Palate, Show dinner
3rd night - Formal, Parrot Cay, New Year's dinner
4th night - Cruise casual, Parrot Cay, Island dinner
5th night - Cruise casual or Pirate, Lumiere's, Pirates IN the Caribbean menu
6th night - Cruise casual, Animator's Palate, 'Til we meet again menu

Based on this, I would guess that for your sailing and depending upon assigned rotation, the show dinner will occur night 1, 3 or 5 (i.e. no show dinner on formal night if they offer a special menu like prince/princess) so you may be correct that you don't want a rotation where Animator's Palate is scheduled for night 5.

A couple of years ago, I wanted a rotation where Christmas dinner would occur at Lumiere's. I submitted the request to DCL pre-cruise. The request was noted but not guaranteed however my request was fulfilled in the end. It might not hurt for you to make the request to ask for a rotation that will allow you to have your palo on night 5 but not miss the show dinner.
Kintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintx View Post
For the 12/29 sailing I did have a show on the 2nd night. Here's what it looked like day by day for my rotation:

1st night - Cruise casual, Lumiere's, French dinner
2nd night - Cruise casual, Animator's Palate, Show dinner
3rd night - Formal, Parrot Cay, New Year's dinner
4th night - Cruise casual, Parrot Cay, Island dinner
5th night - Cruise casual or Pirate, Lumiere's, Pirates IN the Caribbean menu
6th night - Cruise casual, Animator's Palate, 'Til we meet again menu

Based on this, I would guess that for your sailing and depending upon assigned rotation, the show dinner will occur night 1, 3 or 5 (i.e. no show dinner on formal night if they offer a special menu like prince/princess) so you may be correct that you don't want a rotation where Animator's Palate is scheduled for night 5.

A couple of years ago, I wanted a rotation where Christmas dinner would occur at Lumiere's. I submitted the request to DCL pre-cruise. The request was noted but not guaranteed however my request was fulfilled in the end. It might not hurt for you to make the request to ask for a rotation that will allow you to have your palo on night 5 but not miss the show dinner.
Typically, when making requests on your reservation, it's best to have only 1 request - so ask for "not AP on night 5".

It's been noted by others, if you make a two part request, and they can only do one part or the other, they won't know which part is more important and you won't get either. For example, requesting a certain rotation and a certain server. Possibly that server won't be on that rotation, so you won't get either request.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
lfran
Earning My Ears

Hi, we are doing the 6 Night on the Magic as well in April. I called today and they told me LAP, PLA, or APL.. but I don't believe they continue the rotation in that order. The agent didn't seem to have the information. I know on past cruisers the agents have the info.
lfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
lfran
Earning My Ears

They also confirmed the nights are as follows:

1st night- Cruise casual
2nd night- Formal
3rd night- Cruise casual
4th night- Pirate
5th night- Semi formal
6th night- Cruise casual
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
lfran
Earning My Ears

I also heard from another posting on the 6 night, the Palo Brunch is the 2nd sea day
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
lfran
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have PDF's of the navigators?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfran View Post
I also heard from another posting on the 6 night, the Palo Brunch is the 2nd sea day
Typically, Palo brunch is on sea days. I don't think they would just have it on one of them.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: