Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

No high tea :(

Was searching old threads to find out about brunch in Palo and saw there isn't high tea anymore. Does that apply to all itineraries on all ships??

Son sad if true. We all loved it!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Was searching old threads to find out about brunch in Palo and saw there isn't high tea anymore. Does that apply to all itineraries on all ships??

Son sad if true. We all loved it!

They stopped High Tea in Palo about a year ago.

There were always more people who wanted to do the brunch, so it opened up more reservations for that by eliminating the tea.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Exactly as above. Tea was a very small activity with about 6 tables. Over the years, it had been priced well beyond what it was worth; we watched the upcharge climb from $5 to $10 to $15. It was a lovely afternoon break, but when compared to a $20 upcharge on brunch or dinner, there wasn't much bang for the buck.

The plan was to eliminate the tea and extend the brunch hours in order to handle more people at that very popular event.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
rbw5t
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Exactly as above. Tea was a very small activity with about 6 tables. Over the years, it had been priced well beyond what it was worth; we watched the upcharge climb from $5 to $10 to $15. It was a lovely afternoon break, but when compared to a $20 upcharge on brunch or dinner, there wasn't much bang for the buck.

The plan was to eliminate the tea and extend the brunch hours in order to handle more people at that very popular event.
I have to say I'm a little disappointed to hear this. I can understand the demand dynamics I guess, but I know my wife and I are more excited about a nice traditional tea than we are for a brunch. Especially on a 14 day cruise, you'd think they could do the brunch on most days but still make tea available for a few of the days. Oh well.
rbw5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
I have to say I'm a little disappointed to hear this. I can understand the demand dynamics I guess, but I know my wife and I are more excited about a nice traditional tea than we are for a brunch. Especially on a 14 day cruise, you'd think they could do the brunch on most days but still make tea available for a few of the days. Oh well.
We've done at least 4 14 night cruises on DCL. Special things happen on 14 nighters. Don't give up hope.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Thanks. Still sad. What's the brunch like? Buffet? Offered on all sea days?
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: